Body strikes in a real fight

Most guys have never trained how to even stand and hold their hands let alone trained to move and throw punches and breathe correctly. If a guy is squared up to you then aim just below his sternum in the middle of the torso and drop a right [or left if you're a southpaw] to his spine from the front. That'll do the job.

Most guys have never trained how to even stand and hold their hands let alone trained to move and throw punches and breathe correctly. If a guy is squared up to you then aim just below his sternum in the middle of the torso and drop a right [or left if you're a southpaw] to his spine from the front. That'll do the job.

That is the most realist comment I've ever heard every gym I went to never told me to breathe while throwing strikes, now I breathe all the time throwing strikes. And that should be important to learn footwork and striking while moving that will help you a lot.

On the street you can not play or fail. There is a real state of affairs.

As the fighter MMA Alexandre Breck said: "In competitions you win medals and you earn a living in the street."

bruce-lee-fighting-method-volume-1-45-728.jpg

I would never dispute that body shots work like hell but I dont think I would throw a body hook in a real situation. Maybe straight solar plexus. When I do sparring the more tense I get, the least likely I throw bodyshots. I see that also with other not so experienced boxers.

Guess its kind of feeling more secure with keeping hands high and in my definition its first about not getting hit, which is easier to achieve with long straight punches staying in a horizontal line of defense.

I really do like the mexican style boxing I sometimes see watching amateur bouts, when they constantly finish their combinations with body hooks from the outside. Its like they place a bomb with a timer when they land. After 1-2 rounds you really see how painful they are and just melt away all the conditioning.

Last edited:
good points on the tendency to tense up/keep hands up for security. we might say "ok do X technique" for a situation, but other habits or natural reaction override that

body strikes in a real fight?

head shots in a fake fight?

<GSPWoah>

I heard with the groing strikes you can't stop a person because of the ADRENALINE
Somebody has experience in this ? it is the same for liver and solar plexus strikes ?

If this is true i think this strikes can work against much bigger opponents or expert figthers, because probably they not gonna have fear of you so they not gonna have that Adrenaline

Not true I had a girl hit me in the balls out of the blue at high school, I hit her back due to reflexes but after a couple of seconds the pain started to kick in, it was a knee to the groin when not looking I had been hit to the balls countless of times because of martial arts but there was nothing like that fuckin knee to the groin.

Back