Body strikes in a real fight

noc

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I heard with the groing strikes you can't stop a person because of the ADRENALINE
Somebody has experience in this ? it is the same for liver and solar plexus strikes ?

If this is true i think this strikes can work against much bigger opponents or expert figthers, because probably they not gonna have fear of you so they not gonna have that Adrenaline

Last edited:
I heard with the groing strikes you can't stop a person because of the ADRENALINE
Somebody has experience in this ? it is the same for liver and solar plexus strikes ?

If this is true i think this strikes can work against much bigger opponents or expert figthers, because probably they not gonna have fear of you so they not gonna have that Adrenaline
Boxers get adrenaline in a fight and it doesn't stop them being affected by body shots despite doing a lot of conditioning to mitigate the effects of body shots. A liver shot to an untrained opponent is an instant fight stopper regardless of adrenaline. And the same for the solar plexus, you'll wind them and they'll still be winded even on adrenaline.

Boxers get adrenaline in a fight and it doesn't stop them being affected by body shots despite doing a lot of conditioning to mitigate the effects of body shots. A liver shot to an untrained opponent is an instant fight stopper regardless of adrenaline. And the same for the solar plexus, you'll wind them and they'll still be winded even on adrenaline.
Is not the same Adrenaline

Is not the same Adrenaline
Yes it is the same, maybe not quite as strong but exposure dulls the bodies reaction, but the main thing is boxers are much more used to it and know they have to stay calm or they'll exhaust themselves prematurely.

And groin shots aren't that effective it's true due to adrenaline but even without adrenaline, they aren't true one shot stoppers, not like the liver and the solar plexus. Also, I always find there is a bit of a delay with groin shots. They don't take effect instantly.

No it's not true, the adrenaline might help him take a little more, but he will go down sometime, bas rutten did that bare knuckle in pancras, so depending on how powerful, your body shot is. But you can land body shot after body shot of you have good movement.

Last edited:
The problem with body strikes in a real fight is that unless you hit very specific areas and factor in their movement during the fight then the chances of landing a significant kick or punch are not high. I have previously only used kicks or punches to the body as a distraction for a strike to another body part.

I was able to hit one large guy many times in the body but only because he was semi conscious after I had pretty much knocked him out and his head was resting on my shoulders. My body punches were pretty much pointless at that point

The problem with body strikes in a real fight is that unless you hit very specific areas and factor in their movement during the fight then the chances of landing a significant kick or punch are not high.
So true! I still haven't managed to take someone out with a body punch, and I haven't been taken out with one. Not every single punch to the liver will put you down. Not because of adrenaline, but because they are hard to get exactly right. Now... taking body hits repeatedly during a fight will wear you down big times.

I used to compete in kyokushin (bare knuckle full body contact Karate) and body blows were immediately crippling. Fighters would buckle up and drop in fetal positions and were carried away because they were unable to breathe. There were some body blows so crippling that you will hold your breath because releasing it will cause serious PAIN! You are not getting up for hours bro.

Btw … in a street brawl, I would prefer to drop the guy with body blow.

watch this and learn why you're wrong.

I took some kid out with a liver punch in the fifth grade. Little punk ass had been bullying me for a while so I had to send a message. He cried and doubled over like a sack of manure. My first one punch KO in Hebrew school.

Fite me and ill show you how its possible to get dropped from a nut shot

Fite me and ill show you how its possible to get dropped from a nut shot
8rWSPVW.gif

Sometimes I really didn't get some of the people of that decade really, especially this guy.

You're a different generation, you wasn't about at that time and that guy would probably think the same about you.........

You're a different generation, you wasn't about at that time and that guy would probably think the same about you.........

Yeah I know. Because I think that was in the late 90's and I was born 1997, looking at it, just feels weird, I've watched almost all the ufc events from the 90's but I don't remember seeing that guy.

Yeah I know. Because I think that was in the late 90's and I was born 1997, looking at it, just feels weird, I've watched almost all the ufc events from the 90's but I don't remember seeing that guy.
You see him all the time on Sherdog

You see him all the time on Sherdog
Yeah I know. I'm just saying. Because I never saw it in any of the ufc events in the 90's. You know what let's just agree to disagree.

I would not fancy trying a hook to the liver in a street fight for example. Not while someone is windmilling at me and the fact most fights start by someone sucker punching the other off guard.

I would not fancy trying a hook to the liver in a street fight for example. Not while someone is windmilling at me and the fact most fights start by someone sucker punching the other off guard.

Well some people don't know this but clinching does work in a street fight, especially when your trained in both boxing and muay thai.

Back