Bookmark this Sherdog. Volk is going to decline big time moving forward

Mikeyz

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
We have all seen what usually happens to Fighters/champions who get knocked out as decisively in the past as Volk did tonight. They were never the same after.

Chuck with Rampage
Anderson Silva with Weidman 1
Vitor with Anderson Silva
Crocop with Gonzaga.

Trust me on this. Topuria is going to beat Volk. Especially if they fight in January so soon after the KO tonight.

It's like I said in the thread title. Bookmark this Sherdog. It's going to happen.

I was thinking the same. He should probably have 1-2 more fights at FW to cement his FW GOAT status (even if he already is) and call it quits. Hopefully he doesn't get KO'd by Topuria...

We have all seen what usually happens to Fighters/champions who get knocked out as decisively in the past as Volk did tonight. They were never the same after.

Chuck with Rampage
Anderson Silva with Weidman 1
Vitor with Anderson Silva
Crocop with Gonzaga.

Trust me on this. Topuria is going to beat Volk. Especially if they fight in January so soon after the KO tonight.

It's like I said in the thread title. Bookmark this Sherdog. It's going to happen.
its hilarious how badly you guys want topuria to beat volk when has nowhere near his skill or athleticism.

Volk is almost 40 and fights in featherweight, he could lose whenever anyways

I think it’s a real possibility, but not a foregone conclusion. His next fight will tell us a lot.

topuria fights bjj clowns like ryan hall and bryce mitchell. wins over total dweebs.

Guy gets KO'd, might not be the same again, what an insight.

full

I was worried about the same after all those punches after the kick.

But most of those punches landed at the top of his skull, it was only the kick really that did most damage. So I hope he can recover. Also Volk wasn't out cold for ages like Chuck Liddell which shows his brain still isn't that fucked up. Guys like Chuck or Wanderlai literally had a lights off switch it seemed whenever their jaw was touched. Volk still seems to have his chin.

There's definitely some merit to that, but I'd been saying Volk was headed for a decline even before this fight, just because he's now 35 years old and an elite fighter under 185 lbs haha. I always laughed it off, but after that crazy stat on the matter was revealed and seeing Usman and Shevchenko start falling off after hitting that age, it's pretty wild how faithful the "curse" has been. I did think if anyone could overcome it it'd have been Volk, but here we are.

Also the EA cover curse is still undefeated haha.

You are right in some aspects, but an unprepared Volk was gonna lose no matter what.

I'm not taking him out of the picture so soon because i think he's still a threat in FW, but if his stubborn ass accepts Ilia for January after getting KO is dumb.
Rest, recover and fight in March against Ilia, otherwise what TS said could happen sooner.

I agree, he’s old and been knocked out

There's definitely some merit to that, but I'd been saying Volk was headed for a decline even before this fight, just because he's now 35 years old and an elite fighter under 185 lbs haha. I always laughed it off, but after that crazy stat on the matter was revealed and seeing Usman and Shevchenko start falling off after hitting that age, it's pretty wild how faithful the "curse" has been. I did think if anyone could overcome it it'd have been Volk, but here we are.

Also the EA cover curse is still undefeated haha.

Hell, even a normal person starts to feel the age once you reach 35. When the body starts to produce less hormones you feel the decline.

I don't see a good ending to Volk's career. He seems to be the type who has no idea what to do if not fighting.

People have been saying he was due, here and there. His recovery has always been great but the truth is he has been dropped a few times and now he got put out hard.

Back