UFC 298 Legendary Picks

The Legendary Scarface

Record since UFC 266 : 51-34
@Black
Reaction score
We've made it to fight night.

Let's do the damn thing.

Volk-Ilia:
I am excited with the outcome of Volk turning Ilia into a meme, but I also would be excited with a changing of the guard with a fantastic performance by Topuria.
This is an extremely difficult fight for me to pick. I've been losing my mind going back and forth on this all week. Volk is without a doubt the better fighter, with the better overall technique on the feet, and experience of course. However, Ilia in my estimation is the more sound boxer in the pocket, and he not only has devastating power in both hands, he is also faster than Volk in the boxing realm. These physical attributes matter. Also, the layer of Volk coming back soon after being KOd brutally is something that I can't overlook. I wont speculate on his mental or emotional health but physically his chin may be compromised tonight, we will see. I can definitely see Volk brutalizing Topuria's legs, and landing his jab at will to a UD but Ilia is masterful at punishing guys off of their jabs and I can also potentially see him landing something off of a Volk leg kick or a break.. All in all, it's very close IMO but because Volk's margin for error is so low and because of the reasons above, the logical pick for me is to give the edge to Topuria.

Costa-Bobby:
This is a strange one for me because as excited as I am for the fight, I also don't trust either of these guys at this point and really don't have much confidence picking either of them. My mind says Whittaker is the safe pick, but Costa is a physically imposing, kinda reckless, powerful striker who sounds exactly like the type of person Bobby would make a mistake and get clipped by. Fuck I don't wanna do this but I've got Costa.

Garry-Geoff:
I've got Ian Garry because I believe he has all of the tools to keep Neal at bay, land big body and side kicks, and clinch when he needs to to mitigate danger. Seeing Geoff melt him with one of his sledgehammer fists would be cool but I think Garry gets a UD here. Pick -Garry.

Merab-Cejudo:
The easy pick here is Merab via Georgian super motor wrestle fuck pressure for 3 rounds. A part of me wonders if there is more to this one. If there is more to Cejudo tonight. The positive for Henry is that Merab isn't great at advancing position, or keeping guys on the ground once he takes em down. This suggests that Cejudo would be able to get back up and have another shot at putting Merab away. Id like to see Henry pull it off, but am skeptical. He'll have to prove me wrong tonight. I've got Merab.

Hernandez-Kopylov:
This is a big test for Roman. Especially since he's kinda coming on short notice. He definitely isn't great at defending takedowns but he's defended well recently. That will make or break him tonight as Hernandez will be looking for the sub all night. I have faith in Roman's ability to defend the TD and land big body kicks and get the W here. It's gonna be tough though. Pick is Kopylov.

RIP to the Legendary Sherbro YOLOGOGOPLATA.
Gone but not forgotten.
Remembered and forever missed.

If anyone is going through anything, please remember that you are worth it and your life is worth living. Feel free to message me.

End Apartheid.
End Genocide.
We all deserve peace.
Free Palestine.

Enjoy the scraps homiez

I feel like Merab is the lock of the main card.
He might be.
But at the same time it just seems outlandish to think Henry who is one of the best strategists in MMA, who makes perfect gameplans and knows exactly to a T what Merab will do will be helpless tonight. That's where I'm a bit conflicted lol

He might be.
But at the same time it just seems outlandish to think Henry who is one of the best strategists in MMA, who makes perfect gameplans and knows exactly to a T what Merab will do will be helpless tonight. That's where I'm a bit conflicted lol
I think Henry will make it pretty close, but just get outpaced and out worked. 29-28 imo

I actually think Cejudo is the easiest pick of the night - but ivebeen wrong once or twice before

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mapichtli
Back