Movies Borderlands movie

I like Cate Blanchett amazing actress but she being cast as Lillith is a massive oversight.

Lillith is supposed to be hot and young and petite. 3 things Cate ain't. It's like the cating director just figured fuck it well just get the most DEI cast with recognizable names that will do this for cheap instead of looking for appropriate talent.

Kevin Hart is one of those actors I can't think of a single good movie or show he's been in, or one he improved due to his contributions.

His range is 'funny short black guy' and he's actually a short black guy trying to be funny.

40 year old virgin? He only had a tiny role in that too. First thing I saw him in. And last actually.

I like Cate Blanchett amazing actress but she being cast as Lillith is a massive oversight.

Lillith is supposed to be hot and young and petite. 3 things Cate ain't. It's like the cating director just figured fuck it well just get the most DEI cast with recognizable names that will do this for cheap instead of looking for appropriate talent.
I don't know about. The casting isn't all that woke, and those names don't come cheap. If anything, it's a little shocking at who they got to do this. I'm surprised the producers didn't laugh in the face of the casting director, and go "Cate Blanchette? Jamie Lee Curtis? Jack Black? Kevin Hart? That's like half the budget right there. You know we're just doing some silly videogame movie that's probably gonna bomb, right? Go see what Carrot Top and Carlos Mencia are up to. If you come back with Meryl Streep and Dave Chappelle, you're fired."

For something like this, my bar is incredibly low. I figure if it's just 90 minutes of decent entertainment I can't be too upset over it. Trailer didn't do much for me, though. Hart seems miscast, and I don't vibe with the Tiny Tina at all.

Yep, so its guaranteed SHIT.
not sure about that, ive watched all his ten feature films and enjoyed them quite a bit with the exception of thanksgiving that i found stale and generic but im not into slashers geared towards zoomers in general

borderlands might be alright

not sure about that, ive watched all his ten feature films and enjoyed them quite a bit with the exception of thanksgiving that i found stale and generic but im not into slashers geared towards zoomers in general

borderlands might be alright
Eli roth is possibly the worst director ever, possibly worse than Uwe Boll.

Roth has been making movies for 20 years and studios keep funding him.

I don't know whether to believe reality (and you) or what the other poster thinks.

tough call

Too many red flags here from Avi Arad producing, to reports that the screenwriter asked to have his name removed from the credits. Now I read that Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford wants to launch a cinematic universe and the first movies not even out yet. They had to bring in another director Tim Miller for reshoots, yes he directed Deadpool but he also directed Terminator Dark Fate.. Hope I’m wrong but all signs point to bad film.

Should have had Pixar do it instead, and make Claptrap the main character...

Too many red flags here from Avi Arad producing, to reports that the screenwriter asked to have his name removed from the credits. Now I read that Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford wants to launch a cinematic universe and the first movies not even out yet. They had to bring in another director Tim Miller for reshoots, yes he directed Deadpool but he also directed Terminator Dark Fate.. Hope I’m wrong but all signs point to bad film.

Primary filming was finished 2.5 years ago. The thing is a mess.

There are incredibly messy productions that have gone on to great success (The Fugitive, almost every Doug Liman film) but more likely this is a turd that Lionsgate is just going to release with minimal press.

Back