Boxers are scared!!

Icolater

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Conor McGregor is a ballsy individual, even the hater must agree, he fought the best boxer of his generation without ever competing in a meaningful boxing bout and actually did him self proud. He did really well in the first 4 rounds until he ran out of steam, he controlled the distance well and gave Floyed a few problems early on. I believe if Conor had trained purely in boxing instead of MMA he would be a champion. George Forman the Legend even stated this fact.

Anyway no top level boxer has the belief in himself to compete in an mma bout with a top level MMA guy. Floyd even said he would rematch Conor in a mma bout during the pressers, which is a load of bollox. Floyd is scared of the potential ass whooping he would receive.

Conor McGregor is a ballsy individual, even the hater must agree, he fought the best boxer of his generation without ever competing in a meaningful boxing bout and actually did him self proud. He did really well in the first 4 rounds until he ran out of steam, he controlled the distance well and gave Floyed a few problems early on. I believe if Conor had trained purely in boxing instead of MMA he would be a champion. George Forman the Legend even stated this fact.

Anyway no top level boxer has the belief in himself to compete in an mma bout with a top level MMA guy. Floyd even said he would rematch Conor in a mma bout during the pressers, which is a load of bollox. Floyd is scared of the potential ass whooping he would receive.

Everyone knew Floyd wasn't being serious, or If he was...he definitely knows what's up now. There is zero chance he would win. He didn't even look impressive in the boxing match. If it was the same 5 rounds Conor would've arguably got the W.

I'm surprised some of the heavier guys don' try to train and compete..at least later in their careers when they don't have any relevance in boxing anymore. If Klitschko had been doing some training on the side for the past 5 to 10 years, he could cross over and probably be a ranked, and maybe even grab another belt.

Yeah it was pretty cool. Not sure why the call for boxers to do MMA though considering elite level boxers make way more money boxing.

No one wants to see scared MMA scrubs with no hands trying to wrestlefuck another guy, ya homos.

Boxing > mma

Boxers know that boxing is light years away from fighting.

while MMA is way behind from boxing. remember the "angles", the "strikes"?? that was just a bunch of bullshit, the only thing MCG did was hammerfists and those are illegal in boxing.

while MMA is way behind from boxing. remember the "angles", the "strikes"?? that was just a bunch of bullshit, the only thing MCG did was hammerfists and those are illegal in boxing.
Goes to show how far boxing is from fighting.

Goes to show how far boxing is from fighting.

{<huh}<{katwhu}>

Really? do you consider MMA real fighting?? both are sports with a established criteria and rules to protect the welfare of the competitors YOU DON'T SEE IN MMA LEGAL HEADBUTTS or any other strike to defend yourself.
I had my share of fights as a kid and i used headbutts and groin strikes and those are illegal in both mma and boxing. modern mma can't be considered real fighting and only has 24 years of existence so please stop.

{<huh}<{katwhu}>

Really? do you consider MMA real fighting?? both are sports with a established criteria and rules to protect the welfare of the competitors YOU DON'T SEE IN MMA LEGAL HEADBUTTS or any other strike to defend yourself.
I had my share of fights as a kid and i used headbutts and groin strikes and those are illegal in both mma and boxing. modern mma can't be considered real fighting and only has 24 years of existence so please stop.
By your logic, arm wrestling is equivalent to boxing in terms of fighting.

If boxers could make millions per fight in the ufc, there’d be plenty. Your standard ranked guy makes maybe 50k to 100k per fight in the ufc, if they’re lucky. Your second tier fighters get around 10-25k.

The very best guys in the ufc make what a standard contender in boxing makes. It’s that simple.

What on earth would possess someone to come to a different sport and make 5, 10, 20 times less money than the one they’re in and actually good at you goof?

By your logic, arm wrestling is equivalent to boxing in terms of fighting.

If you think arm wrestling is like boxing because is a sport than you are way delusional. please stop nuthugging irish jabroni but for the sake of the argument i'll continue:

you think mma is real fighting but it's not since you can't bite, gouge eyes, crush testicles and similar stuff that can be used in a real fight just like boxing. however, in terms of striking skill boxing is years away from mma since it was almost more than 100 years polishing how to fight with two hands unlike mma who has only 24 years with the unified rules. in both scenarios you can't do what i mentioned because it's illegal yet you consider mma "real fighting". what happens if you pull guard on the concrete floor your opponent jabs your eyes with his thumbs? are you going to jab a guy with a knife? what happens if a guy you got in a RNC bites your arm and rips a chunk of flesh out of it? those are things you can't do in mma because the rules forbid anyone to do so and the ref protects from any extra damage.

If you think arm wrestling is like boxing because is a sport than you are way delusional. please stop nuthugging irish jabroni but for the sake of the argument i'll continue:

you think mma is real fighting but it's not since you can't bite, gouge eyes, crush testicles and similar stuff that can be used in a real fight just like boxing. however, in terms of striking skill boxing is years away from mma since it was almost more than 100 years polishing how to fight with two hands unlike mma who has only 24 years with the unified rules. in both scenarios you can't do what i mentioned because it's illegal yet you consider mma "real fighting". what happens if you pull guard on the concrete floor your opponent jabs your eyes with his thumbs? are you going to jab a guy with a knife? what happens if a guy you got in a RNC bites your arm and rips a chunk of flesh out of it? those are things you can't do in mma because the rules forbid anyone to do so and the ref protects from any extra damage.
Don't forget the atomic bomb.

Anyone who says they will bite or poke eyes to get out of a choke has obviously never grappled in his or her life.

MMA encompasses boxing. Everything that occurs in a boxing ring can occur in the octagon. However, the octagon has far, far fewer restrictions and, therefore, will always be light years closer to a "real fight" than boxing. There is no way to overcome this fact.

MMA is light years closer to fighting than boxing.

And boxing commands more money and power which are instrumental to real world battles. Placing boxing light years ahead of mma in the real world. Hell it was the finances and power that took Conor and MMA out of their strategic advantage and into a much lower position. Check and mate.

MMA fighters train boxing. Most MMA fighters would fight in boxing for a decent payday. There is nothing ballsy about that. For a boxer to go over MMA he would have to start from zero on at 3 combart disciplines. An MMA fighter already has boxing fundamentals. There's a big difference between an MMA fighter going over to boxing and a boxer going over to MMA. Conor isn't ballsy. You can see it in his eyes when things don't go his way. He shuts down. Backs up. Floyd is a lot more ballsy than him. Floyd keeps going. He can handle being put in bad positions. He doesn't give up. Conor gives up. You see the change in his eyes. Once things don't go his way, he becomes a different person.

And boxing commands more money and power which are instrumental to real world battles. Placing boxing light years ahead of mma in the real world. Hell it was the finances and power that took Conor and MMA out of their strategic advantage and into a much lower position. Check and mate.
I'd play checkers for 100mill

MMA is all about boxing nowadays. The better boxer win 9/10 times, Floyd Mayweather would dominate the FW/LW divisions. As for grappling, he would just need some basic training and utilize his slick footwork to confuse wrestlers

Back