Boxing Discussion VI

I was looking at that too, BT. Glad you like Cleverly at +305 as well. In other news, the line moved crazily on this one, but Luis Nery opened at +220 vs Yamanaka for their bantamweight title bout this Tuesday in Japan a couple of hours or so ago and got quickly bet down to about evens at 5D now. I was away from the keyboard for a bit, so I couldn't update you guys, but I did get about $200 down on him at +217 elsewhere.

I was looking at that too, BT. Glad you like Cleverly at +305 as well. In other news, the line moved crazily on this one, but Luis Nery opened at +220 vs Yamanaka for their bantamweight title bout this Tuesday in Japan a couple of hours or so ago and got quickly bet down to about evens at 5D now. I was away from the keyboard for a bit, so I couldn't update you guys, but I did get about $200 down on him at +217 elsewhere.

i started looking at the fight at +145 and then when i saw the value it was -120 10 minutes later.

nerys been in japan since august 7th so jet lag shouldnt be a problem in his first fight away from mexico. i see him winning the fight, just dont know if hell get a decision in japan. i think most would agree that moreno won the first yamanaka fight and lost on the cards.

1u on Clev +305 over Jack. I really like Jack but he's moving up in weight and he wasn't a big 168 to begin with. I absolutely love this from from a style pov and I think Clev is being extremely undervalued here. He has a size advantage and throws a ton of volume.

Gonna be a ton of body shots in this fight. I think this is gonna be a hell of a fight and I think it'll be very competitive and probably go to the cards. I could easily see this going either way, Clev seems like the play to me at better than 3-1.

Also on Floyd itd for a few units so far. Not a bad undercard at all for this ppv, looking for other plays later in the next week or two but thats it for now.

i think that there is a good chance that the fonfara fight ruined him. cleverly could also very well get robbed in vegas going against a mayweather fighter.

i think that there is a good chance that the fonfara fight ruined him. cleverly could also very well get robbed in vegas going against a mayweather fighter.
You agree the odds are pretty enticing though, right? I can't imagine playing Jack at this price unless you go the prop route, most likely Dec.

You agree the odds are pretty enticing though, right? I can't imagine playing Jack at this price unless you go the prop route, most likely Dec.

i would never play jack at those ridiculous odds. im going to pass on that fight. ill just put more on golovkin that weekend.

why is this guy

a +2000 against this guy

baker can crack and if the ukranian has questionable punch resistance it could be the case of who gets there first. craig hasnt fought in over a year but he is being represented by sampson lewkowicz for the last three years so there is a good chance that he does have financial backing and has the means to train full time instead of being a part-time boxer. also, this is the fight preceeding crawford/indongo so there could be live betting offered in the event that baker gets an early kd like what happened in the karpancy fight. craig has had almost five weeks to train for this fight so not entirely short notice

i think braehmer is worth the -140 in germany. he hasnt fought at 168 for 10 years but if the cut doesnt affect him he shold be too much for rob. looked fine against 175 kleverly before the injury. 160 brant could also be a front-runner, none of his kos are past the fourth round and has never been past eight rounds or outside the US. he had the highlight reel ko against 154 perez to get him into the tournament but i dont think thats going to happen again if braehmer is not drained.

Luis Nery (+217) vs Shinsuke Yamanaka ~$200.00 for ~$434.00

yamanaka +110.

im hoping shinsuke has one more fight in him. he could be long in the tooth but if the version that fought moreno still exists hes a great dog in japan.

Indongo dec @ 26 at bet365...That's way too high.
1u on that.

Indongo dec @ 26 at bet365...That's way too high.
1u on that.

i took that as well and hoping to middle if given the opportunity. terrence is often a slow starter and the length of indongos jab might present problems

indongo is now +1300, which i bought at +1000, after julius opened as a +600. other than losing a bet, nothing worse than losing 30 percent.

horrible. 10 percent, occasionally maybe even 15 percent, but 30? recipe for failure leaving that much on the table

Crow and Jim what do you guys think about Indongos chances?

Well, like most people, I only saw Indongo's most recent two fights with his round 1 KO against Troyanovsky in Russia and his UD over Burns in Scotland as well as Crawfor'd last few bouts. Almost every article says that Crawford is a level above Indongo and he very well may be, but at +1000 I put 1u and and at +1300 added another 1u on Indongo. I was impressed by him and 2017 is the year of the underdog so I'm taking my chances.

0.35u Indongo Dec @26.00

Going to add 1u on Indongo to win also.

I think he looks incredible, I haven't seen much of Crawford but I find it impossible to believe Indongo can be that big of a dog vs anyone.

Few pages back I posted my thoughts. Basically Indongo has some ability to make it awkward at moments but his odds are pretty bang on, made a serious amount when tipped him to win via DEC vs Burns but this is not a fading Burns he is taking on.

Crawford is up there P4P and is still getting better. I expect him to land the cleaner, tighter punches and counter Indongo well. Sure, Crawford can start slowly which could lead to Indongo gaining a few rounds early but this fight being in Omaha I can guarantee you Indongo will have to shut out Crawford to take rounds, which I don't see happening.

One thing I will say is that Indongo has deceptive power even in the strikes he lands that look "slow".

I've got my main play for this weekend on this fight and I'm confident it will land.

Thanks guys. Crow, what is your main play?

Good question, Cr0w, what is your main play? I personally have 1u on Indongo at +1000, 1u on Indongo at +1300 and then hedged a bit with .25u on Crawford wins in round 7-9 at +422 as well as .75u on fight ends in round 7-12 at +180. If Indongo gets stopped early or goes the distance and loses a decision I lose it all.

Back