Boxing Discussion VIII

I'm going what i see on tape, i think he is a better style matchup, he fights on the inside and likes to rip into the body. I do believe he hits harder than Joe and Beterbiev, while i do think Beterbiev has faster hands, he takes a lot of punishment sometimes and has gotten knocked down not to long ago. this is boxing, a single error could end his night, and Yarde hits hard enough to knock anyone out.

Anything's possible but I just don't see it happening. Yarde is a good fighter; Beterbiev is a great fighter. If Yarde does KO him then kudos on the KO bet.

I'm going what i see on tape, i think he is a better style matchup, he fights on the inside and likes to rip into the body. I do believe he hits harder than Joe and Beterbiev, while i do think Beterbiev has faster hands, he takes a lot of punishment sometimes and has gotten knocked down not to long ago. this is boxing, a single error could end his night, and Yarde hits hard enough to knock anyone out.
Fighting on the inside is the last thing he's gonna wanna do. Joe and Beterbiev both hit harder. Beterbiev doesn't even need to connect clean and he still rattles guys. It's your money at the end of the day, I just don't see how a gassy breakable fighter beats the scariest guy in the sport.

Remember Joe Smith was never knocked down before in the amateurs or pros, Beterbiev dropped him 3 times in under 2 rounds. Yarde got finished by the ghost of Kovalev.

Last edited:
Fighting on the inside is the last thing he's gonna wanna do. Joe and Beterbiev both hit harder. Beterbiev doesn't even need to connect clean and he still rattles guys. It's your money at the end of the day, I just don't see how a gassy breakable fighter beats the scariest guy in the sport.

Remember Joe Smith was never knocked down before in the amateurs or pros, Beterbiev dropped him 3 times in under 2 rounds. Yarde got finished by the ghost of Kovalev.
Beterbiev has good combinations and fast hands, but if we are talking about single shots, Yarde hits harder, you can tell by the thud sound his punches make. But Beterbiev hitting you 3-5 times is a lot worst because you are taking multiple punches , kind of like what is worst? a sledge hammer once to the dome or 5 small hammers to the temple? they're both lethal. I think its a ko or bust. I sprinkled 1/3 of a unit, im not really crazy about this fight, im just looking to start putting some action on boxing matches.

Last edited:
Yarde got knocked out by a jab from an ancient Kovalev

That was from exhaustion, after a hard 11 rounds. It's not evidence of Yarde having a dodgy chin.

He just wiped the floor against a much scarier fighter than Yarde in 2 rounds.

Smith is scarier than Yarde? I disagree strongly. Yarde can box and has a bit of slickness to him. He's also faster than Smith. Yarde's punches are more compact than Smith's, who needs to really wing his shots and load up to get power on them. Yarde has more natural power. Yarde lost to Kovalev from exhaustion, not from being 'broken'.

Smith is scarier than Yarde? I disagree strongly. Yarde can box and has a bit of slickness to him. He's also faster than Smith. Yarde's punches are more compact than Smith's, who needs to really wing his shots and load up to get power on them. Yarde has more natural power. Yarde lost to Kovalev from exhaustion, not from being 'broken'.

And you don't think he'll get exhausted from Beterbiev's pace?

And you don't think he'll get exhausted from Beterbiev's pace?

If Beterbiev wins and it goes a few rounds, it won't get to the 11th. More like the 8th round. I can see Beterbiev just playing it safe and boxing, breaking Yarde down. Yarde can easily KO him. I think the only way it ends in the first few rounds is if Yarde really puts it on him from the start, and both have the very real possibility of KO'ing the other.

Just stop.
Beterbiev is gonna butcher him. -334 for his finish line is honestly something I might hammer. I'll pay the juice for a man who's been compared to car crashes lmao.

Beterbiev is gonna butcher him. -334 for his finish line is honestly something I might hammer. I'll pay the juice for a man who's been compared to car crashes lmao.

lol. If I play it I'll probably take Beterbiev Rounds 7-12.

Tommy fury is 156+ looks crazy to me, if it goes 200+ i can see myself betting 500 , I still think Jake is an average boxer, he trains hard but still hittable , panics and throws overhands.

Tommy fury is 156+ looks crazy to me, if it goes 200+ i can see myself betting 500 , I still think Jake is an average boxer, he trains hard but still hittable , panics and throws overhands.

I bet quite big on Fury already thinking odds would even out once the smart money comes.

I haven't actually seen Tommy fight but have heard he is horrifically bad? Is he really better than Jake who's at least full time into this with a good camp?

I have no intention of taping this, or even watching the fight lol. Might bet Fury if the regs here are sold on it

question.

How does Tommy do against Tyron, Silva, and Askren?

I think Tommy doesn't get stunned by woodley and split decision in their first fight.

Or getting constantly tagged and drawing blood from 47 year old Silva.

Despite his opp records, he had flawless victories against them.

Lastly you skipped over Tommy's amateur days he faced solid boxers then, comes from a boxing family and trains with the one of the top hw of all time.

This is why the record cap argument goes out the window.

Before betting on Tommy Fury, watch his fight with Anthony Taylor, who was 0-1 in boxing, 7-5 in MMA with a losing amateur record, and 5 inches shorter, as well as a lot lighter.

Navarrete @1,75 live and a tiny bit of DEC @3,75 because why not.

Back