Boxing Discussion VIII

Taking Askin TKO @ 2.38 against Simmons.

I like Simmons, know a few guys that have trained and sparred with him. He's got a decent jab and a fantastic engine, wears guys down slowly with pressure and likes to be on the front foot. However as gutsy and determined as he is, he's rather basic and doesn't exactly have a fantastic defence, happy to eat one to try give 3 in return. That works against domestic guys of a certain level but Askin is above that, generally a level above Simmons in most areas and packs some good power too.

Dickinson managed to negate Simmons' pressure in their fight with superior footwork, not allowing himself to be cut off and picking his shots eventually breaking down and stopping Simmons. I think this could be similar, Simmons forward pressure actually aiding Askin who won't have to go searching for his shots on an elusive target and instead being able to pick Simmons off as he comes in.

I'll take a half unit stab on over 3.5 rounds for Joyce @ 2.10. He hasn't convinced me yet and Palmer is way bigger than him...Let's remember the Lewison fight where Joyce did not impress anyone.

I'll take a half unit stab on over 3.5 rounds for Joyce @ 2.10. He hasn't convinced me yet and Palmer is way bigger than him...Let's remember the Lewison fight where Joyce did not impress anyone.

Tbf lewinson was a legit test for your first pro fight

Yeah, domestically there aren't many tougher guys realistically to be matched up with for your pro debut.

Exactly. He took whyte 10 and i think that was only stopped due to his nose

Sticking some of my profit from Craig Submission @ 14.00 on Couzens @ 5.00 vs Camacho.

Couzens looking every part the dog but small bet for action, worth a go nonetheless.

Taking Askin TKO @ 2.38 against Simmons.

I like Simmons, know a few guys that have trained and sparred with him. He's got a decent jab and a fantastic engine, wears guys down slowly with pressure and likes to be on the front foot. However as gutsy and determined as he is, he's rather basic and doesn't exactly have a fantastic defence, happy to eat one to try give 3 in return. That works against domestic guys of a certain level but Askin is above that, generally a level above Simmons in most areas and packs some good power too.

Dickinson managed to negate Simmons' pressure in their fight with superior footwork, not allowing himself to be cut off and picking his shots eventually breaking down and stopping Simmons. I think this could be similar, Simmons forward pressure actually aiding Askin who won't have to go searching for his shots on an elusive target and instead being able to pick Simmons off as he comes in.

Hope you all went big too!!!

Askin gets in done in 2!!!!

Last edited:
Some on Joyce round 2 and 3.

Also Ramirez TKO later on, I think if he can take a shot from Imam he can eventually walk through him.

Lol, Donnie Palmer is absolutely horrific. Absolute pudding got folded in half worse than the bum last time.

Hit helenius dec +800 and o 1.5 o 2.5 o 3.5 o 4.5. 1326 profit ftom 100 on each line

hedging +540 ramirez decision with +500 imam, also playing imam rds 10-12 at +3300.

if amir can survive the first six rounds without getting hurt i think the californian could be content fighting for the decision like he did against both perez and garcia, neither fighter close to being stopped. also, imo, imam wouldve stopped castillo if the fight were 12 rounds as the nicaraguan fighter was badly hurt in the 10th round.

lb Gvozdyk DEC +800 and +500 hoping his opponent can hang in there

damn should dropped a bomb on those odds.. Amar did not look hurt even once in the fight except maybe a bit in the last seconds of the 12th

Back