Boxing, in a cage, with MMA gloves

IloveTHIS

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
So a lot of you are getting all worked up about Floyd fighting against Conor in MMA and its simply not going to happen. Some other people are entertaining the idea of it being a kickboxing bout, and thats simply not going to happen.

So to put this to rest so we can move on and discuss other things until it happens, I'll tell you what is actually going to happen.

Floyd and Conor are fighting again. Its going to be BOXING RULES ONLY, but in a cage, with MMA gloves.

It will be held primarily by TMT, co-promoted with the UFC again.

I'll sigbet anyone.

So a lot of you are getting all worked up about Floyd fighting against Conor in MMA and its simply not going to happen. Some other people are entertaining the idea of it being a kickboxing bout, and thats simply not going to happen.

So to put this to rest so we can move on and discuss other things until it happens, I'll tell you what is actually going to happen.

Floyd and Conor are fighting again. Its going to be BOXING RULES ONLY, but in a cage, with MMA gloves.

I'll sigbet anyone.
but it would be so much better if it was this

I'll sigbet anyone.
no

This will probably not happen. Flyod has brittle hands and I'm pretty sure he won't want to endanger them in MMA gloves. But hey, 100 million dollars can be very convincing.

That's fucking retarded, who would want to see that shit, gtfo its either mma rules or gtfo beeatch

I'm down for a kickboxing match between them. Conor would just leg kick the crap out of floyd.

I'll sigbet anyone.
not sure if serious or drunk

Bit difficult to watch Conor barely registering a tickle on Mayweather wearing eight ounce gloves and conclude it'd be a completely different story if the gloves weighed a little bit less to be honest.

your theory could be right TS

money can make alkmost anything happen

I'll sigbet anyone.

I'll entertain the idea: Will they fight again? It's a tough call. How long will it take? It may take well over a year before anything is concrete. We have to remember, if it's a traditional ufc match (which I think is the best likelihood) Floyd has to train. His training will consist mostly of grappling defense. 1 Year won't be enough to give Floyd much of a chance. However, it may happen. The ufc has done some crazy things before, but I don't think they are going to modify rules for a "mega fight" that's has rules just for conor and Floyd. I mean if the ufc does this, they are risking the promotion of the company. To me it takes away the vision of the ufc and turns it into more of a wwe platform. While conor's boxing match had huge revenue for the UFC for now...we can see what it's doing to the sport. It's making fighters feel entitled to making more and thus taking away the "huge" fights because fighters see how much conor is making and think they deserve a piece of the pie. I also don't think Conor is just going to fight with modified rules in the octagon. That's his territory and the fight will be more on his terms, as we saw the boxing match was more on Floyd's terms.

This will probably not happen. Flyod has brittle hands and I'm pretty sure he won't want to endanger them in MMA gloves. But hey, 100 million dollars can be very convincing.
The UFC has money, but the most they've paid out has barely scratched the surface for what mayweather makes. Let's not forget..Floyd was making 100k+ per second in a 9 round boxing match against conor. That's a lot of freaking dough. It's hard to think Floyd will take such a huge risk to his reputation and health for little pay. I'm thinking the UFC will have to pay him at least 30m, and conor atleast 15m.

Conor would have a very real chance of winning in this scenario. I would probably favor him. Make it a kickboxing match or muay thai and it wouldn't even be a contest.

Back