Boxing is so boring compared to MMA

In Figueroa and Santa Cruz fights, they kept landing over and over on their opponents and couldn't hurt them at all. They probably landed close to 1.000 punches in those fights. Their opponents weren't even bruised, hurt or anything, so boring. Yawn.

Then Wilder comes and he spent literally 20 minutes without throwing punches, just jabs here and there and an occasional left hook. Ortiz won the rounds just by landing 3 or 4 punches per round but doing almost nothing either. Then Wilder lands one punch, and the fight ends. So boring. Should have watched the ko on youtube and skip that fiasco. Boxing sucks.
I agree. But I didn't always feel this way. I used to love USA Tuesday Night Fights, though eventually the constant clinching started to bother me. But once I discovered MMA, I barely watched another boxing match.

I enjoy all combat sports. Boxing is my first love. I’ve never had a problem with what happens in the ring, but rather the politics and corruption is what disappoints me. Why the fuck can’t they just figure out how to make Crawford vs Spence happen?!?!?!?

In Figueroa and Santa Cruz fights, they kept landing over and over on their opponents and couldn't hurt them at all. They probably landed close to 1.000 punches in those fights. Their opponents weren't even bruised, hurt or anything, so boring. Yawn.

Then Wilder comes and he spent literally 20 minutes without throwing punches, just jabs here and there and an occasional left hook. Ortiz won the rounds just by landing 3 or 4 punches per round but doing almost nothing either. Then Wilder lands one punch, and the fight ends. So boring. Should have watched the ko on youtube and skip that fiasco. Boxing sucks.
I'd like to see a form of boxing where they wear a variation of MMA gloves.
Way more specific to actual fights and the events would for sure be more action packed.

Pigeon shooting is the most important sport in your life because it would save your ass by getting you some food in an apocalyptic scenario.
What a dumb argument lol

Shooting, fighting, running, swimming - all important sports in your life.

Volleyball, football, tennis etc - ok great.. but why?

Basically you're upset because those boxers you mentioned had great cardio and chins, lack of either in MMA leads to 'exciting' fights according to you.

It's not like shitty boring fights between no-names make up 60% of the weekly UFC cards or anything

Boxing is still the goat. MMa has never had an athlete like Mayweather before and probably never will. So much skill it's like a video game cheat code. 50-0 bend the knee

The fundamental truth of the matter is that MMA fighters are simply better than boxers.

A world class MMA fighter would murder a world class boxer in a fight even in the boxer outweighed him by 40+ pounds. Tyron Woodley walks around at 205 pounds. He would murder Ruiz, Joshua, Fury, Wilder, Ortiz, or any other heavyweight boxer in a fight within 20-30 seconds in any way he wants and they wouldn't be capable of stopping him.

This makes boxing fans very insecure so they call mma "gay" or say that martial artists have "bad boxing", when in reality the reason MMA fighters stand and move and box the way they do is because that's how you box in the context of a real fight. The stances and movement of pure boxing doesn't fully translate to a MMA fight. You hvae to make some adjustments and changes. MMA fighters aren't sloppy, that's what actual striking looks like in a real fight.

This also makes boxers angry. MMA fighters are actually better boxers than boxers are, because their boxing is trained and refined in the context of a real fight.

Boxing video games are way more fun than mma video games.

I love boxing

It's like chess and it's a great tactical sport, as well as vicious as fuck at times

I grew up with boxing and think it's awesome

I also find mma fucking awesome too, so I'm the real winner that enjoys both
Big facts

Athletes could win more money playing Golf or Tennis than in MMA or Boxing. Who gives a fuck? I was talking about boxing being more boring than mma, focus!!
He was saying that boxers earn more because lots of people want to watch it, must not be boring for them.

Even though I love MMA it will always be boxing's retarded little brother.

YyslyNA.gif

2r9nir.jpg

Back