Crime Brazil's Leadership in Action \ EDIT: 4200 deaths in 1 day

Did you somehow manage to still bring up Trump in a story about about Brazil?

Rent free baby! Rent free.

iu

I don't really blame the brazilian government for all those deaths by COVID, i know 3 people who got it and kept working normally, having contact with public.

What sucks is how easy it was to see, even here abroad, that Bolsinaro would be a disaster. Having a petty and vindictive attitude like our former President, it's nowhere near enough when it comes to leadership.

That is a weird part of characters like him. They are supposed to be these “strong leaders” and “tough guys”, but they whine like petulant children and absolutely cannot make the right hard choices. When reality isn’t going how they want, they stomp their feet and declare that moment of that matters because it’s all fake.

The biggest takeaway I got from him was how much $ it was actually COSTING the hospitals. The most profitable stuff they do is the elective stuff, and they were doing none of it because they didn't have the capacity or bandwidth (and people didn't exactly want to voluntarily do elective surgeries in the middle of a pandemic anyway). So the idea that Covid was some big boon to hospitals is lunacy. It was the opposite.

It is amazing how some people still apparantly think this is a big cash cow for hospitals. Then again, on the internet it’s just as likely they don’t actually believe it and are just trying to to confuse the issue by cluttering up online space with falsehoods.

I don't really blame the brazilian government for all those deaths by COVID, i know 3 people who got it and kept working normally, having contact with public.

You don’t “blame” the top level of a government who has staunchly held that reality is not reality for their handling of a situation they refuse to handle?

I can’t imagine how you could defend the position that the intentional spreading of falsehoods, complete abdication of responsibility by an elected official, and even obstruction of state level actors in attempting to handle the situation without support themselves is one that can stand without blame, but i’d love you read your explanation.

That is a weird part of characters like him. They are supposed to be these “strong leaders” and “tough guys”, but they whine like petulant children and absolutely cannot make the right hard choices. When reality isn’t going how they want, they stomp their feet and declare that moment of that matters because it’s all fake.

It is amazing how some people still apparantly think this is a big cash cow for hospitals. Then again, on the internet it’s just as likely they don’t actually believe it and are just trying to to confuse the issue by cluttering up online space with falsehoods.

You don’t “blame” the top level of a government who has staunchly held that reality is not reality for their handling of a situation they refuse to handle?

I can’t imagine how you could defend the position that the intentional spreading of falsehoods, complete abdication of responsibility by an elected official, and even obstruction of state level actors in attempting to handle the situation without support themselves is one that can stand without blame, but i’d love you read your explanation.

It's amazing to hear all these "adults" behave, for a year straight, in bemusement about the affects of leadership or a lack thereof.

When our leaders fuck up in every arena? "I mean, what could they really do, really?!" is the line from people who don't know the functions of government in the least.

Like when Ted Cruz ran away from a crisis and the righties in the WR acted like there was absolutely nothing he could do in his capacity as a sitting US Senator about a crisis in his state. They were literally acting incredulous about the duties of sitting senators. Insanity.

AS OF TODAY ALMOST 6.500 WAITING for ICU beds in brasil, i know everyone has diferent opinions, and all this is being taxing and is reasonable to question and review our governement polices on the matter and all..

BUT we are now on the worst case scenario here, there is nothing to debate on that.
i can relate to people who are anti-lockdown and question the efficacy of certain things
but the scientists werent just a bunch of retardeds politicizing this...

People are tired, but is real. We all want to move on, but can we?

Been on vacation to Sao Paulo twice since November. LOVED IT!

Not sure how else to contribute to this thread though.

Like when Ted Cruz ran away from a crisis and the righties in the WR acted like there was absolutely nothing he could do in his capacity as a sitting US Senator about a crisis in his state. They were literally acting incredulous about the duties of sitting senators. Insanity.
Did Cruz have Mother Nature on speed dial? Could he have just called her and asked her to make it warm again? Other than hop on his laptop and smart phone, what else could he have done from his home (which most likely didn't have electricity)?

I am not saying he should have went to Cancun but I know there was electricity and wifi there. Source: I was there in December.

AS OF TODAY ALMOST 6.500 WAITING for ICU beds in brasil, i know everyone has diferent opinions, and all this is being taxing and is reasonable to question and review our governement polices on the matter and all..

BUT we are now on the worst case scenario here, there is nothing to debate on that.
i can relate to people who are anti-lockdown and question the efficacy of certain things

You think Americans are "anti-lockdown"? You ain't seen shit.

I was in Sao Paulo last month during the Carnivale days. There was no parades or official party areas though. It was people walking carrying on like a regular weekend. Bars, clubs and restaurants were open also.

And this was WHEN some kind of 3rd wave/covid crisis was happening in early February.

TS is as per usual a typical troll/idiot for politicizing Covid, but the deniers are also as per usual digging their heels in and going full ostrich about it.

Like...they didn't make this shit up. And for those thinking "ZOMG it's a big money making scheme for hospitals!"...no. I can tell you it's not. Our hospitals here have (thankfully) caught up and aren't at a tipping point anymore. Capacity has decreased with vaccines, etc. But last fall I played golf with my buddy and his dad, who's on the board for the biggest hospital in the area (one of the largest in the midwest). He's a staunch republican, big donor to the party in our state, etc. And he straight up told me that Covid is every bit the problem that it seems, that they were on verge of being at capacity as were most of the hospitals in this area, and that those downplaying Covid were just uninformed or purposefully naive. He said he actually got into a pretty heated argument with one of our state senators about it (again, this was last Sept and not currently).

The biggest takeaway I got from him was how much $ it was actually COSTING the hospitals. The most profitable stuff they do is the elective stuff, and they were doing none of it because they didn't have the capacity or bandwidth (and people didn't exactly want to voluntarily do elective surgeries in the middle of a pandemic anyway). So the idea that Covid was some big boon to hospitals is lunacy. It was the opposite.
The conspiracy theory about it being some kind of scheme as a means for hospitals to get rich doesn't make a lick of sense.

That's crazy. I really thought that the worst would be over by now.

They always get talked up as "hard men to save a society gone soft" but I think actually their the ultimate symbols of societies problems, narcissistic assholes appealing to bigotry who lack any skill but self promotion.

I was in Sao Paulo last month during the Carnivale days. There was no parades or official party areas though. It was people walking carrying on like a regular weekend. Bars, clubs and restaurants were open also.

And this was WHEN some kind of 3rd wave/covid crisis was happening in early February.
Well i'm brazilian, so we see that, but it's not that we are anti-lockdown, in brasil we have something we call "LAW OF GERSON", each brazilian think he is the smartest and has the divine knowledge on how to take advantage of things and rules don't apply to him just the others. It's a state of mind and transcend any political positions and covid discussions to be honest.
We are petty grifters at heart.

Well i'm brazilian, so we see that, but it's not that we are anti-lockdown, in brasil we have something we call "LAW OF GERSON", each brazilian think he is the smartest and has the divine knowledge on how to take advantage of things and rules don't apply to him just the others. It's a state of mind and transcend any political positions and covid discussions to be honest.
We are petty grifters at heart.
Law of Gerson? I just did some research on this. Dang man, that sounds pretty rebellious.

This pretty much goes back to what I said before about each countries handling of the covid crisis. The politicians (or any ONE person) can't really be held responsible for the craziness of every individual person to "do what's right" during a pandemic. The people will make their own decisions.

edit: unless you are in China and get locked in your own house by the police. Or get clubbed or whipped by the Chinese police for shopping for food in the afternoon.

almost 4 thousand deaths yesterday
brazil is looking real bad

Bolsanaro's 4th health minister since the Pandemic (the first 3 "quit") says this.
This is like Bunker Boy appointing "Doctor" Scott Atlas as the new Fauci

Averaging over 3000 deaths a day, surpassed 300k deaths

BallsSoNarrow

4000k deaths was the USA's worsr per day then it went down.

I hope we dont get to see over 5k deaths Brasil per day.
By most reports we will by mid April.

Keep in mind the US population is ~1.5 times bigger. Shit is fucked.

At this point Herd Immunity is the only hope as it spreads death those who surviv may not get sick again and you might see a tapering off cases the question is when will that happen and how many more will die and have long term illness and what would be tje long term ecconomic cost of those deaths and illness.

Like another poster have said the Hostpital are losing money now due to Covid

By most reports we will by mid April.

Keep in mind the US population is ~1.5 times bigger. Shit is fucked.

Yeah its depressing I tbought Covid will be winding down by now.

And you went there and partied like normal with them?

Back