News BREAKING: Aljo/Cejudo is a “done deal”

Haha OMalley must be butthurt crying rainbow colored tears
Kinda wrong, though?
Did literally 24-48 hrs ago Sean say he was guaranteed the title shot?
I don't get the matchmaking. I mean, he m intrigued by CCC, actually, but he retired last time he won a belt.
And isn't O'Malley a bigger draw anyway? So why?
Also, when is the fight? If Aljo really wants a long break, are we only getting one BW title fight next year?
That would be ridiculous.
And what about Chito? So even if we get Yan/Chito, it might be a while before the winner gets the next shot.

Cejudo is a bad matchup for Sterling. He's a better striker and wrestler. I think this is Sterlings cryptonite.

Henry is a better fighter for sure but who knows what rust and age will look like on him.

Henry Cejudo doesn't deserve a title shot besides he is way past it.. Hope Sterling beats the living shxt out of him.. He has no business being in there with Sterling.. Sterling-Omalley should fight

I can't stand either fighter and hope they both lose.

If Henry wins does he immediately retire again? Or is he going to stick around and defend?

Cejudo knows how to win, his only loss in years was the first DJ fight and he improved greatly in mma since that and became double champ. He can’t be taken lightly if you’re Aljo regardless of his trolling antics.

I know Cejudo had a great run previously, but I’d be surprised to see him get an immediate title shot upon his return, especially since 135 isn’t exactly hurting for contenders. O’Malley has a legit claim for a title fight, and I’m sure at this point is much more marketable for the UFC than Triple C, so I’m surprised they’d go this route.

The only other situation I can think of similar to this — where a champion vacates his title, then fights for the belt in his first fight back — is when GSP came back to fight Bisping. But even then, he had to move to a different division for the opportunity, plus there weren’t really any other compelling matchups for Bisping at the time (except for Romero, whom he was dodging).
No compelling matchups? MW was an absolute shark tank back then. I have nothing against Bisping and GSP doing what's best for them, but there were tons of worthy contenders at the time.

I would love to see them both lose, but as it stands it looks like I gotta root for Aljo.

First of all, Aljo has never picked anyone apart at range. Can’t believe I just read that. And second, Aljo isnt a good matchup with anyone that is a wrestler first and has solid striking.

it sucked to see TJ get hurt the way he did because guys like him, Cruz, hell even Cody would pick Aljo apart standing and they all have great wrestling backgrounds and know how to scramble.

Aljo has to try to get it to the ground and CCC isn’t going to let that happen. He won’t just hand him his back the way Yan did.

He kind of did pick apart Munhoz and Rivera from range, although the phrase "pick apart" is open to interpretation. He certainly kept them at his range the majority of the fight and outstruck them from there.

Earlier in his career I'd have agreed with you but definitely developed better top control. In the 2nd DJ fight specifically he was pinning him extremally effectively.

He got a little control time against a 125lber in DJ, but not much. Aljo is not only a very big 135lber, but a very talented grappler. I just don't see Cejudo being able to do much on the mat here.

Haha guess o malley asked for too much money

Interesting. Make O'Malley-Merab on the same card.

I would love to see them both lose, but as it stands it looks like I gotta root for Aljo.
No brother. Aljo's reign has been hilarious. I would love for him to be the one breaking Mighty Mouse record.

The more Aljo wins the more hate I have for Petr Yan for securing that guy's place into the history books via the world's dumbest knee ever...

Now THIS is a fight.

Got to hand it to the cringelord.

He looking for tough fights. And of course he probably ran out of money.

Back