News BREAKING: Conor vs Cowboy (Official Mega Discussion)

Conor vs. Cowboy

• Total voters
God I pray they make Cowboy a 2-1 underdog this is an EASY cash play. Not a chance Conor can hang with Cerrone who only gets stronger as the rounds go on.
would love this to be an easy payday mate, but Cerrone doesn't get stronger when the rounds go on... and he is not well known for not giving up...

I don't know man, i wopuld love Donald to win this, but this is going to be difficult to bet...
Cerrone doesn't want a title shot, he is fighting now just for the money and maybe to cement his records... and that was... i have a bad feeling that he is going to give up if it gets difficult.
Conman McTapper on the other side, he has no other option but to win!

For Cerrone to win, he must use his ground skills. but i don't see him being physical stronger than Mcnuggets...

I don't think im going to bet against conir on that.

Cerrone has been a high level fighter for over a decade, he has fought for titles. comparing him to CM Punk is absurd.

Lol at Connor. No Masvidal or Gaethje? But Old man Cerrone? That’s such an easy fight for McGregor. Disappointed.

hopefully retires, goes back to fighting old men,smashing cell phones,and sex offending and being butt raped in prison before facing the death penalty

It’s at welterweight so he can call out Masvidal for the BMF belt. That’s it.

People misuse terms on here all the time. “Tune up fight” is one of them. Another:

Nobody on here seems to understand what a journeyman is.
Yeah that sounds a bit right. I've said if Nate beat Masvidal Conor would be right in there to take him on for this BMF gimmick. Looks like they were waiting to see the outcome and no way was Conor coming in off such a long lay off and fighting Jorge who is red hot. So what did they have to do? There just isn't any other reason why this would be at 170 when both him and Cerrone were fighting at LW that last couple of their fights. Khabib and Tony needs to happen and I don't think they're confident with the Gaethje risk. So who else really is there?

The UFC looks after McGregors career. He loses at 170 to Masvidal and theyll play it off like it was no suprise, his home is 155 while not dropping anywhere. He loses to any contender at LW forget about it.

It’s at Welterweight, Conor is gonna get sparked by Cowboy. You’re telling me Conor hits harder than the Ruthless one and will be able to stop cowboys takedowns at 170!?
Power doesn't change significantly between LW and WW, and the ability to take a punch changes even less.

He beats Cowboy and goes for this BMF title. There are reasons why this is at 170. He's not fighting Gaethje. The outcome they wanted was probably for Nate to win.

It's bad matchmaking for sure. And Conor will easily dispatch of Cowboy, there is no doubt about it.
Him going to WW is interesting, either he has abandoned his plans for a Khabib rematch or he REALLY wants that BMF title - although if he wanted Masvidal he would've got him. So that means he specifically wanted Cowboy at WW for some reason.

Yeah, I was surprised when I saw it's a 170 fight.
Perhaps Conor sees it (more) as some kind of a test for himself, how will he do vs an opponent he thinks is worse than him at 155, but isn't that sure at 170?

No idea, I'm guessing ofc.
We'll see.
I honestly have no idea what to expect from Conor, especially at 170

EDIT: I'm glad Cerone will earn that "red panty night", though.

Winnable fight for Cowboy... but he'll have to finish the fight... if this goes to the judges they'll fanboy out and give it to Conor no matter what IMO
I don’t think this fight goes to the judges tbh but I can’t recall an instance of Conor getting a favourable decision win. He beat Diaz and Max by decision neither of which was particularly controversial.

Jesus. Cerrone got KOd a few months ago, and a few months before that he received a ton of damage. If it wasn't for that this fight might be closer, but I can't imagine Cerrones brain is ready for a Conor punch ATM.

I mean, Conor's more than likely got this.

Cerrone is way too hittable now of days.

Back