Breaking down the Reebok Deal

yeah, everyone is getting payed $1700 per month in average - which means the first guy on the prelims will get a few hundred bucks (at best) each month from the reebok deal.
Again, you haven't demonstrated how this is a bad thing. This sounds like an improvement over the current situation.

Also, your numbers completely neglect to take into account the fact that fighters will get a cut of merchandise sales.

Again, you haven't demonstrated how this is a bad thing. This sounds like an improvement over the current situation.

Also, your numbers completely neglect to take into account the fact that fighters will get a cut of merchandise sales.

read the post above.

This sounds like a big jump UP to me. you really think the average fighter was making 20k/year in sponsor money before??? GTFO

Yes some guys will fare better with this deal and others will fare worse, but overall, from a purely utilitarian perspective, this is a great improvement in fighter pay.

Plus these guys can still do ads and stuff outside the Reebok deal and can even have their own apparel sponsors or their own apparel companies.

some of his fighters can make upwards of $100,000 on in-cage clothing sponsors.
- Malki Kawa

source: http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/12/...k-deal-change-the-landscape-managers-weigh-in

I could care less and ready to move onto the next hyped subject.

MMA fans logic:

"The sport needs new talent and a-level athletes."

"I couldn't care less about fighter salaries."

Well, if you don't pay fighters well, top athletes won't consider mma as an option for them. If the average fighter gets less than $20k per year from the Reebok deal, new signings will get way less than that. How dou you want to attract young, promising athletes with such a shitty payday?

MMA fans logic:

"The sport needs new talent and a-level athletes."

"I couldn't care less about fighter salaries."

Well, if you don't pay fighters well, top athletes won't consider mma as an option for them. If the average fighter gets less than $20k per year from the Reebok deal, new signings will get way less than that. How dou you want to attract young, promising athletes with such a shitty payday?

What pay is needed to draw "top athletes" to mma?

What pay is needed to draw "top athletes" to mma?

more than $1700 per month on average from the reebok deal. like kogan said: it will come down to low level fighters getting free sneakers and no money whatsoever from the deal.

more than $1700 per month on average from the reebok deal. like kogan said: it will come down to low level fighters getting free sneakers and no money whatsoever from the deal.

How much more?

And how did they get the top guys today to go into mma?

How much more?

what are you trying here? you really wanna act like this deal is good for the fighters when the low level guys probably won't get anything but free sneakers?

Actual numbers are pretty irrelevant. The whole concept of the UFC capping sponsor revenue for each individual fighter is just incredibly dumb.

Would Dana White verbally ejaculate if some organization put a cap on how much the UFC could earn per show?

Truly one of the weirdest deals I've ever come across.

Was any of this ever proposed by any of the fighters? Were any fighters involved in negotiating the deal between the fighters and the sponsor? (I'm guessing no lol).

And how long until we're seeing how much Reebok is paying the UFC for the rights to sponsor the fighters for $70 million? I doubt the Fertittas and Dana make around $1700 dollars a month from this deal.

what are you trying here? you really wanna act like this deal is good for the fighters when the low level guys probably won't get anything but free sneakers?

Schuab speculated it's more money for low level guys.

I'm just saying the top athletes card is a dumb one. That's not what this is about.

Edited: Exact numbers by 5rounder

Total value $70,000,000
Number of months 72
Amount per month (Total) $972,222.2222
Number of fighters 560
Amount per month (per fighter) $1736.111111
Amount per year (per fighter) $20,833.33

Those are the actual numbers if you assume an even distribution to all fighters, which obviously is not the case.

Making this useless

'breakdown' lol

haha. i still don't understand why some people think that the ufc has the fighter's best interest in mind. they're trying to make themselves as much money as they can. even if you don't know the specific details of this deal, anyone of average intelligence can speculate that the ufc does what's best for their own interests first, and the fighters second.

over/under on the benevolent owners selling? I'd take 2 years.

Making this useless

'breakdown' lol

Which means the low level guys will get MUCH LESS than $1700 per month. Probably nothing besides free sneakers and t-shirts. What an idiot.

Back