Law BREAKING: Poland's sweeping purge of Supreme Court through "Constitutional Tribunal"

Yep. And both Democrats and Republicans called him out on it as a blatant power grab, as thats what it is full stop.

I believe 2 Justices switched their stance and ruled in favor of FDR before Senate voted on his Bill to pack the court.

The vote may have gone differently if the Court struck down the New Deal.

FDR played chicken with the Supreme Court and the Court flinched.

Not a bad idea, either. I'm just saying a fair amount of people begin to "fade" in their 70s, and frankly, most do by 80. At least a bit. I know several personally who were lucid until 85 or 90, but they were the exception.
Sure, that can happen and is a valid concern. Posner, a major name who recently retired from the Seventh (in a scandal unrelated to metoo) felt most judges should consider retiring at 80ish. That said, it's a case by case basis that depends heavily on an individual's health and I'm suspicious when people bring it up at politically advantageous times. Especially when they've always disparaged the abilities of some of the justices in question. For Poland, there's a blatantly political reason, the cutoff is too convenient, and it's apparently in violation of their Constitution. No matter how you feel about other political issues-the EU and migrants-that shouldn't be cheered.

Turning back to the US: Personally I think RBG's sharpest days are behind her, but she was the best proceduralist in the country when nominated. She's drifted from that, but I'd still rank her alongside most of the justices currently on the court, and above a number (although not necessarily all) of the current nominees.

I believe 2 Justices switched their stance and ruled in favor of FDR before Senate voted on his Bill to pack the court.

The vote may have gone differently if the Court struck down the New Deal.

FDR played chicken with the Supreme Court and the Court flinched.

You are correct on two Justices switching their stances, as thats precisely what they did to prevent the Vote from allowing the President to stack the court. However, I wouldn't say they flinched completely. The Justices weren't stupid, and probably realized the precedent that would have been set by such an action would essentially eliminate the supposed non-partisanship of the court as every time the pendulum swung to the other side they would simply stack the court in their favor. In doing so, it would make the SCOTUS another tool of the executive branch to pass legislation as when their laws were challenged they would simply file it up through the courts until they got what they wanted one way or the other. If that's the end game, you may as well simply eliminate the SCOTUS altogether as it's ultimate purpose will have been stampeded, and I think the Justices backed down to prevent such an occurrence.

Poland governments wishes Poland to remain Polish. EU would flood it with hordes of migrants until it looked like London.

No thanks.

Btw here's a great video on how Poland became wealthy

War, Poland. Fuck the EU.

By which standard? Economically? Maybe, but so what? This is a battle for the soul of Poland. Measuring country in terms of its economic status is bankrupt of everything that matters most.

LOL have you visited poland before and after they joined the EU? The EU saved their country and now they spit in its face.

Ah judge packing. I fear similar strategies will be used in for US to gain a political control over our Supreme Court. Wasn’t it FDR that pulled some shady stuff to get a few of his own judges added because they wouldn’t approve his new deal?

FDR appointed 8 or 9 judges during his terms. The idea of a president doing these days would make people so angry. Lol

Basically a bunch of corrupt old communists are being purged, these judges are the epitome of scum. Some of them presided over people being arrested and persecuted then dissapeared by the communist government, let that sink in for a second.

They literally steal in stories and when confronted scream they are a judge they are above the law (seriously this happens often) Their corruption and incompetence makes the Kremlin look clean.

Maybe I'm wrong but I dont remember that all being there....

God damnit

To be fair, the OP was still under construction (no text yet, just tweets) when he posted that.

As other people have discovered, the first NY Times Breaking News tweet in the OP links to the very same NY Times article you see now.

Last edited:
I guess the Poles forgot what happened last time they fought the Germans.

FDR appointed 8 or 9 judges during his terms. The idea of a president doing these days would make people so angry. Lol

Well FDR did serve longer than anyone else, too.

He wanted to appoint even more. He didn't get along with the SCOTUS.

As other people have discovered, the first NY Times breaking-news tweet in the OP links to the very same NY Times article you see now.

Yeah, I'm not saying he would have read it anyway, but there's an issue at the moment with embedded tweets for a lot of users (still trying to figure out if it's just chrome, or plug in related).
The cut and pastes and direct links are good though.

Basically a bunch of corrupt old communists are being purged, these judges are the epitome of scum. Some of them presided over people being arrested and persecuted then dissapeared by the communist government, let that sink in for a second.

They literally steal in stories and when confronted scream they are a judge they are above the law (seriously this happens often) Their corruption and incompetence makes the Kremlin look clean.
oh-brother.gif

Poc love diversity because they benefit from it. Some Whites hate diversity because they lose everything. Africa for Africans, etc. Europe isn't European, and they tell us to be proud of that and embrace it. Poland wont, Hungary wont and some other Eastern countries wont submit to this doctrine.

We're always hearing how there is no room for Whites in diversity etc how everything is too White. Can't you see what is going on? they've conditioned you into supporting the destruction of all European ethnic groups.

When you start to wake White consciousness and the reality of what mass immigration is doing to their population they'll go to the far-right it's simple as that. Governments of course don't want this and done everything to keep the populace ignorant.

The truth is when all this mass migration began there were people who warned against it and people dismissed it as fearmongering oh a few migrant wont make a difference. What happened? more and more kept coming, people voted in governments who stabbed the European population in the back and opened the floor gates even more.

It's anti-racist if it goes against interests of White population. Racism largely only applies to Whites and always will until we're all gone.

Can't expect much else from Eastern European shitholes like Poland. Of course, the mouth-breathers will cheer on their descent into authoritarianism because "zoinks, m-migrants!"

Back