BREAKING: Whittaker out of 221, Rockhold/Romero for the interim title

Who wins?

• Luke Rockhold

• Yoel Romero

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think Romero beats Luke. Don't think Romero deserves this chance though.

correction actually, ive literally bought every UFC ppv for the past few years since income has been well for me. also ive been a yearly fight pass subscriber since it debuted in 2014. im just a huge fan of the sport and have been watching religiouslly since TUF 1 debuted on spike. i like to support the companies i like. i know for a fact that multiple cards and ppvs that have lacked star power turned out great.

people like you simply enjoy watching conor mcgregor fights and slug fests, youre not a real MMA fan. and are you trying to say bisping v gastelum didnt deliver? gastelum slept bisping in what, 3 minutes? fight was great and are you trying to say bisping doesnt have star power? lol people love watching bisping fight. cmon bruh

I watch every UFC, Bellator, KSW, One, ACB, PFL, EFN, Invicta, Rizin and sometimes other orgs
I don't like McGregor at all
I support WMMA and FLW

Nice try saying I'm not a real MMA fan, BTW I have never seen you in the WW forum

Besides that, you don't even understand what I was trying to say. People buy cards for the names on it, not because it would potentially delivers, specially the casuals who are the ones moving the needle

According to what you wrote, if UFC put their banner on an Alaska FC card and they say it would be UFC 230 I guess you're gonna buying
That's pretty stupid and shillish, you should demand for the best product

Did Whittaker get another injury?; I read his latest instagram post which said that he was declared to be medically unfit. Which is, of course, different from being injured.

I have a feeling Whitiker got back to training too soon to make the Australia card and re-injured something. If the Dr wouldnt clear him, it must be something serious. Bummer.

This makes me sad.

Back in the day we never would have heard of this injury, would have been hyped for the card and then said Whittaker sucks and is overrated after Luke fucked him up. Today we just lose the fight. Different eras. Not sure which was better.

Is it an interim because Whittaker will be out a long time or is it an interim so that they can justify it as an ppv headliner?

Shocker, another blown main event and another created fake title.

Rockhold/Romero is a better fight but the fake title diminishes it greatly. The card was already laughable now it’s UFC 72 bad. Pass.

Bummer. Romero/Rockhold is an interesting fight, though.

Will Luke cry about riding again when Romero stretches him?

So with gsp winning the belt just 2 months ago, this actually is for the interim of the interim nelt.

What a time to be alive

Will be awaiting the constant bashing of Bobby for ducking people like everyone else gets.

Seems like everyone who gets a belt these days gets injured or gets surgery.

It's been this way for years.

Get a title, make that sweet endorsement money and take as long as possible before fighting again.

I think Romero wins this but I don't want to see him fight Whitaker again. GSP, where you at my french canadian cherry picker?

holy fuck that sucks.

it also doesn't suck because that's still an insanely good fight and i actually think romero is an easier fight for rockhold.

romero is gonna have to land some crazy big shot to win this.

Interim titles have become a joke, UFC doesn't even force the "real" champs to face the interim champ.

giphy.gif

They call me Cuban Pete
I'm the king of the rhumba beat
When I play the maracas I go chick chicky boom, chick chicky boom
tenor.gif

Fucking LOL!

Again... you make ZERO sense. I don't need to write on Sherdogs forum to massage my ego regarding the MMA world or other forums for that matter. You are still claiming that if a PPV doesnt have enough star power than it isn't worthy of your time, so I highly doubt you watch every single event from every organization in the world. Now you're just reaching, just like you were in your original post. The UFC puts on 35+ events per year (I don't have exact numbers) so you can't expect every single card to be oozing with star power. You have to take what you get and if you don't like it, then don't fucking watch it. Simple as that. Don't complain about it like you are if you don't like it lol cmon dude. They have enough talent on the roster to put cards together and a majority of the time you will get a solid fight card from top to bottom that performs well. Just because they aren't all finishes doesn't mean it was shit. Your ignorance is kind of shocking for a guy who claims he loves MMA so much.

I watch every UFC, Bellator, KSW, One, ACB, PFL, EFN, Invicta, Rizin and sometimes other orgs
I don't like McGregor at all
I support WMMA and FLW

Nice try saying I'm not a real MMA fan, BTW I have never seen you in the WW forum

Besides that, you don't even understand what I was trying to say. People buy cards for the names on it, not because it would potentially delivers, specially the casuals who are the ones moving the needle

According to what you wrote, if UFC put their banner on an Alaska FC card and they say it would be UFC 230 I guess you're gonna buying
That's pretty stupid and shillish, you should demand for the best product

Romero is coming off a loss, and Rockhold is 1-1 in like the past 2 years, with his only win being Branch. And these 2 goofs are fighting for a “title”??

UFC is full retard.

Sure that striking skills keeps getting his head bopped off I even knew how he was going to get knocked out in his last fight slow ass 1-2 remember when he made silva look invincible and dan bopped his head around stick to watching mma because I can assure u u don't know shit about striking

LOL...you're talking shit about the guy for getting KO'd at near 40 on a fight he took on like a weeks notice?? GTFO with that BS. Bisping UD's Anderson, he TKO'd Cung Le and knocked out Rockhold, not to mention he beat some very competent strikers like Belcher and Stann. That certainly puts him in category of good strikers. And you're telling me I dont know shit about striking lol. We are on a mma forum talking about mma striking buddy so I dont bring this elitist BS into this discussion. You dont like my opinion on Bisping you dont have to talk about it, feel free to get lost

Last edited:
Back