Brian Ortega Discusses Saving UFC 222, New UFC Contract & Frankie Edgar

I would love Ortega to win for the sake of the division. 145 needs a jolt out of that Aldo/Frankie rut once and for all.

Rather send Frankie down to 135 where he'd be an exciting wildcard in the title picture.

How is it too soon if Ortega's next fight was for the title?

If Frankie had beaten Holloway this fight would have been made anyway.
He has a nice streak going. I guess I was basing it on his best win being Cub. I was under the impression cub was his only top 10 win. Admittedly I don’t know the scheduling of the other top guys at fw

Ortega is awesome. Gonna go out on a limb and say he finishes Frankie. Huge stretch but I'm on board the bandwagon.

Bro I don't think you can finish Frankie, not possible.

You can only make him throw his hat in disgust.

Frankie needs to get on his bicycle for this fight. Ortega's a real shark
I can't wait for this fight... I'm getting more and more confident in Brian catching Frankie in a sub, crazy as it might sound.
Ortega is awesome. Gonna go out on a limb and say he finishes Frankie. Huge stretch but I'm on board the bandwagon.
Remember when people were saying Yair was going to KO Frankie, then Yair got smashed? Same things gonna happen here, Ortega hasn't beat anyone elite, and is just a hype job. His win over Cub wasn't impressive. Cub is not elite, and I like Cub but he's kind of a gatekeeper.

Remember when people were saying Yair was going to KO Frankie, then Yair got smashed? Same things gonna happen here, Ortega hasn't beat anyone elite, and is just a hype job. His win over Cub wasn't impressive. Cub is not elite, and I like Cub but he's kind of a gatekeeper.
Yeah because your not biased at all.

I wouldn't call this saving the card but it's better than nothing. I was way more hyped for Edgar vs Holloway.

super pumped for this!

i really believe ortega will beat frankie, it will be nice to see.

frankies time at the top is up. dudes near 37 or so. he wont be able to handle ortega.

Saving 222 like this dude is Jesus or something. I want Ortega to win the fight but my money on Frank.

I like both guys but Frankie will forever be someone I root for. The guy is a fucking G.

Ortega hasn't cycled off the anabolic steroids yet....he's taking a big risk....

Hasn't been caught in 3.5 years.....once a cheat always a cheat

Absolutely. It's actually crazy how this guy gets a free pass for this. In a sport as dirty as this one, once a cheat always a fucking cheater. That being said, innocent until proven guilty. But once proven guilty, Fuck You. Ortega should have been ineligible to compete for minimum two years. Soooooo many ppl predicting and praying for Frankie's down fall. Hopefully he beats the odds and the naysayers once again

He is saving it? I don't even know who this guy is...
do you even ufc bro

Absolutely. It's actually crazy how this guy gets a free pass for this. In a sport as dirty as this one, once a cheat always a fucking cheater. That being said, innocent until proven guilty. But once proven guilty, Fuck You. Ortega should have been ineligible to compete for minimum two years. Soooooo many ppl predicting and praying for Frankie's down fall. Hopefully he beats the odds and the naysayers once again
don't you believe in second chances? forgiveness?

I think this is going to look like Frankie vs Yair Rodriguez, but not quite so one-sided. Ortega's sub game is probably the best in the division, but I can easily envision a fight where Frankie outworks him on the feet, takes him down, and he is left content to fish for subs while Frankie drops GnP.

not as much as some of you obviously - is he that good? is this a manlet?
yeah he is very legit, probably the best guillotine of UFC and sick BJJ game overall speaking, he is undefeated and 6-0 at UFC, usually finishes fights in the 3rd round..
he's 5'8, not a manlet imo

Breakout year for Brian Ortega. If he beats Edgar he'll beat Holloway.

yeah he is very legit, probably the best guillotine of UFC and sick BJJ game overall speaking, he is undefeated and 6-0 at UFC, usually finishes fights in the 3rd round..
he's 5'8, not a manlet imo
ill check him out on fight pass thanks

Back