Brock Lesnar vs Matt Mitrione

Satrenardon**

White Belt
Reaction score
If Lesnar makes a return what do you think of Mitrione as a return fight and who do you think would win? Honestly there are more interesting fights for Lesnar if he returns but I feel this is a good fight to gauge where he is in the HW division. Mitrione is good but if he beats Lesnar without much trouble I don't think its a good indicator for Brock. But if he wins in good fashion it would be a good confidence builder being his first fight back against a good fighter. It's funny thinking about this fight since when Mitrione was on TUF starting out Lesnar was the UFC HW Champion. For my predication of the fight I think unless Lesnar is a complete shell of what he used to be and major ring rust I think he takes down and pounds out Mitrione on the ground for the TKO or wins a dominant decision.

Brock Lesnar by TKO

After Summerslam I'm picking Lesnar over the whole division except cain.

Feed him Dos Santos.

It is hard to see Matt stopping the TD. But he has a good gas tank for a big guy and might know enough to prevent taking too much damage on the ground. On the feet he has a significant advantage.

Although i don't like hypothetical fights that much and quite frankly that even Mitrione has a much better stand-up game than Lesnar really should put it in perspective for people that Lesnar is not an MMA fighter. He is a big, strong wrestler that was able to over-power smaller HWs not known for one-punch KO power. Or turtle until they tire themselves out in one round like Carwin did which still should be a huge embarrassment to Shane that he had such crap cardio for a title fight.

If i had to choose between Lesnar and a handful of other guys that could see their way into or back into the UFC I would take most over Lesnar. But I wouldn't object to him coming back on fights alone. The HW division needs depth and his fights would be entertaining one way or the other. I don't know however I could endure a second round of his fans. And i don't think it is ever going to happen. The guy would be at least 38 before he had another UFC fight.

After Summerslam I'm picking Lesnar over the whole division except cain.

Feed him Dos Santos.

I can never tell when you guys are joking

This may be like the old Peanuts gag where Lucy keeps pulling the football away from Linus at the last minute and he keeps falling for it. But saying everybody but Cain is where most people draw the line in serious conversations about someone they think is a top fighter. But basing anything off of summerslam would obviously be insane. I can't tell! I'm gonna go with joking just to be safe!

Mitrione is the dark horse/wild card in division

He would smoke lesnar IMO

Brock is even older now than he was in his first run....and he was green as fuck back then. How much hard MMA training has he done in the last couple of years? He's probably regressed quite a bit as a fighter. I mean, he's in shape and he's always going to have his college wrestling background, but in terms of being a complete fighter, Mitrione is probably ahead of him now. Sick or not, Brock got destroyed by Overeem, a guy who gets more sleep on the Octagon canvas than he does at home.

OH MAN! What a perfect fight for Brock's return! I love to see Brock win and I love to see him lose. It's so awesome I wish there were more actors that fought in the UFC.

Mitrione is better than he gets credit for but I think even ringrusty post-div Brock would put a smashing on him

I say Mitrione by KO, the guy knocks people out with his goddamn hip!

Isn't it illegal to drop someone on their head, unless the go "face first"?

Jones hit Bonnar with a german suplex and Cruz his Might Mouse with one as well

not to mention that guy that hit three in one round

Brock is even older now than he was in his first run....and he was green as fuck back then. How much hard MMA training has he done in the last couple of years? He's probably regressed quite a bit as a fighter. I mean, he's in shape and he's always going to have his college wrestling background, but in terms of being a complete fighter, Mitrione is probably ahead of him now. Sick or not, Brock got destroyed by Overeem, a guy who gets more sleep on the Octagon canvas than he does at home.
That gave me a chuckle

:)

Jones hit Bonnar with a german suplex and Cruz his Might Mouse with one as well

not to mention that guy that hit three in one round

Yeah sorry just found it it was "Spiking an opponent to the canvas on his head or neck"

But i do feel like suplexing someone so they land on their neck should be considered a foul.

Back