BSD vs Fiziev

BSD just got knocked the hell out, why does he deserve another fight up the rankings right now lol

BSD just got knocked the hell out, why does he deserve another fight up the rankings right now lol

I think it would be more about the fact that Fiziev is coming off two losses and a lay off and needs to fight backwards; and ufc likes bsd and they're pushing him in france and want to give him a meaningful fight on the france card. That said, I think they'll give bsd a less dangerous match up next and try to get him back in the win column, but it will probably still be someone ranked.

Last edited:
Bad matchup for BSD

Fisiev has clean striking and good takedown defense
I feel like Fiziev is a bad match up for everyone in the LW div not named Makhachev. Nasty stand up with combos, kicks, power, speed and killer instinct. Good footwork, negates grappling attempts well and can scramble.

I was surprised when Gaethje got the better of him in their fight. I think Gaethje surprised Fiziev and his team with his calculated approach to fight on the outside and at the end of his range. Fiziev didn’t adjust in time.

Hopefully his leg heals up and he gets back in there. That is one bad man.

I feel like Fiziev is a bad match up for everyone in the LW div not named Makhachev. Nasty stand up with combos, kicks, power, speed and killer instinct. Good footwork, negates grappling attempts well and can scramble.

I was surprised when Gaethje got the better of him in their fight. I think Gaethje surprised Fiziev and his team with his calculated approach to fight on the outside and at the end of his range. Fiziev didn’t adjust in time.

Hopefully his leg heals up and he gets back in there. That is one bad man.

He also looks tiny in there. I wonder if it would serve him well losing a bit of muscle and going down a division.

He also looks tiny in there. I wonder if it would serve him well losing a bit of muscle and going down a division.

Precisely ...

Conor called this out against Chad Mendes (calling him "a bodybuilder, not a fighter") ... saying Mendes was a midget who should fight lower.

Then Conor fell in love with himself, gained muscle, and began his own embarrassing decline ...

Fighting ≠ bodybuilding, and those "big muscles" don't mean shit. Just pumped-up baloney.

It is always best to fight at your lowest weight, where you still retain full strength.

BSD is ranked 13th. He tried to skyrocket up the rankings and failed.

Get him to fight someone near his ranking, like Hooker

Fiziev is coming off nasty injury, he is only on 1 fight losing streak as far as I'm concerned, Gamrot got lucky there. Not sure if he is ready to go yet, but this would be a good matchup.
Fiziev Dariush would be a good one to schedule sometime as well.

Back