Burns Did Better Against Usman Than Colby

How Usman struggled both times against a mediocre hittable striker like Colby is beyond me

Dropped Usman in the first, and rocked him a few times. He's likely the most dangerous opponent for Leon, right now
He got dominated and koed by jab and then cried colby arguably won second fight but sure he landed 1 good strike so he did better

Dropped Usman in the first, and rocked him a few times. He's likely the most dangerous opponent for Leon, right now
Covington shows up for an endurance contest, Burns shows up to finish someone. Colby can’t do to Khamzat what Gilbert did, and luckily for Colby, he’ll never have to.

Covington shows up for an endurance contest, Burns shows up to finish someone. Colby can’t do to Khamzat what Gilbert did, and luckily for Colby, he’ll never have to.
True, Colby will continue ducking Khamzat. Dumb as he is, he knows he has no chance against Kamzat. Basically, he's a cowardly rank squatter!

He gassed out in 1 round.

He had just gotten over a bad bout of Covid, which is why the first booking got pushed back.

In context, Burns had a absolute batshit crazy paced fight with a much bigger guy in Khamzat and his cardio looked awesome.

The analogy doesn't work, you can finish an MMA fight early, you can't finish a marathon early.
My English is mediocre, but I thought an analogy can also be about shared abstractions and not only about identity.

Colby's gonna carry a lot of regret in his career. I don't mean inactivity, I mean not stepping in and fighting Woodley in September 2018 when it was all his. In hindsight he'd have definitely won that fight too.

The 2nd Usman fight there's gotta be some regret too, if he had the same mentality in rounds 1 and 2 that he had in rounds 3-5 I really think he woulda won that fight too. Usman KO'd Masvidal badly and Colby fought scared until he finally got cracked and it seemed like he finally lost the nerves and started fighting well

Am I remembering wrong or didn’t Colby rock Usman in their first fight?

Sure, but not for long. Top marathoners average a 4:55 mile or better for the whole marathon. Those dudes are fucking insane.

It is an almost super human pace that they maintain over the marathon at 13 miles per hour. Unless someone has ever done any running, it’s truly impossible to actually understand the insanity of this pace.

The analogy doesn't work, you can finish an MMA fight early, you can't finish a marathon early.
That's a good point, but then the phrasing should have been that Burns was closer to finishing Usman than Colby. Just saying he "did better" is a tough argument to back when a) he ended up getting finished not long after and b) he fucked up tactically when he did knock Usman down.

My English is mediocre, but I thought an analogy can also be about shared abstractions and not only about identity.
This doesn't make sense in relation to my post, there's nothing about identity when comparing an MMA fight to a marathon.

All the contenders at WW and Burns is what you came up with? How about Belal, or Shavkat, or Khamzat?

Burns did ok but he didn't do as well as Rich Franklin against Nate Quarry.

If you don't like Burns you need to get put out behind the barn. Man is a fighting mans fighter.

Back