but but but I like both of you

For me more recently...

Jan B vs Teixeira
Oliveira vs Dariush

Jan vs Tex I was so damn torn because I'm a massive fan of both. In that instance though I think I was rooting for Jan because he had more people doubting him. Jiri vs Tex is another one too, but to a lesser extent. Then I was rooting for Glover. Really like Jiri too, but was kind of heartbroken seeing him lose so close to a win.

Oliveira vs Dariush, I have to root for Oli because he's my favorite active fighter by a mile. Really like Dariush, and I knew a loss would fuck over his career progress big, especially considering he deserved a title shot regardless. But knowing that, watching Oli win dominantly made me happier than it really should of. But yeah, been a fan day 1, so I can't go against that.

Rose vs. Weili

I thought I wouldn't root for one over the other, that I'd just root for both to put on a great show, but then Rose got all "Better Dead than Red", which pissed me off because Weili stays away from politics in her own statements, so I committed fully to rooting for Weili.

Condit won that fight.

Those two leaning up against the cage exhausted as soon as the fight was over is an Iconic moment. That is one of the best UFC fights to ever happen. Condit deserved the win, but I think everyone knew that fight was going to be insane as soon as they announced it.

Larry Holmes (very underrated)

Holmes was totally underrated.

Underrated? Widely regarded as the best jab ever. Holmes is to jab, as Floyd is to Philly Shell. He's toward the top of every top 10 list.

On topic. **Ronnie "The one man gang" Garvin vs Randy "Macho Man" Poffo.
**Danny Ainge Vs Tree Rollins.
Nolan Ryan vs **Robin Ventura.
Cale Yarborough vs ** Bobby Allison.
**Hulk Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior.
** Ngannou vs Lewis
(**) = my pick, also known as the kiss of death.

I'll go Tuivasa v Lewis, love both those guys, was rapt for Tai that's for sure though

I've had a ton of these but the first memorable one for me was Shogun/Machida. Was a huge Machida fan and Shogun was my all time fav.
I was still a Machida fan but of course needless to say I was rooting hard for Shogun in the rematch and his win was one of my happiest MMA fan moments haha.
And let's not talk about what happened next...

Gaethje vs Poirier

May the best man win
and the 2nd best man sleep

<{JustBleed}>
Good choice. For me it was Hendo and Rua.

Reading your post reminded me of a funny incident when I was a manager at Menards and I had a Dustin and Justin working for me. When they were both working and I needed help, I would page "ustin" over the intercom--just to make sure that someone would come.

Back