Buy or Sell: Kevin Lee will hold UFC gold in the next 5 years

Champion Lee?

• Total voters
Buy. Even if he goes to 170.

Wasn’t he literally 21 when he fought Iaquinta?
Or 22?

He was 21 with 7 fights, while Iaquinta was 26 with 10 fights. Iaquinta was pretty green as well. It's not like a 21 year old Lee was fighting a UFC vet with 25 professional fights.

Given how they are handing out belts these days, anyone still in the UFC in five years will have won some version of the championship.

UFC-Interim-Belt.jpg

He was 21 with 7 fights, while Iaquinta was 26 with 10 fights. Iaquinta was pretty green as well. It's not like a 21 year old Lee was fighting a UFC vet with 25 professional fights.
Well so you’re just saying they’re both green lol
So he was green when he fought Al

Sell unless theres a 165 division and even then he's still pretty chinny

Well so you’re just saying they’re both green lol
So he was green when he fought Al

Of course he was green, what are you debating? I said it was an excuse, I didn't say it wasn't true. They were both pretty green.

Buying. He is young, hungry and talented. That can go far.

i think he will.

if not champion he will fight for the title(not the interim one) more than once, dude is legit.

From another perspective, he’ll probably have a speed advantage at 170 and thats on of his best assets now
He’s also not much smaller than Cody Covington
Colby says he only cuts 10 pounds to make WW. Lee is actually bigger than him.

Of course he was green, what are you debating? I said it was an excuse, I didn't say it wasn't true. They were both pretty green.
But who uses it as an excuse?
They just say he was green which is factual lol

The furthest I’ve heard people say is that he is a much better fighter now, which is true

I think he has the potential to get better, but i also think the fighters ahead of him can get better.
He only needs 1 or 2 losses and it could really stunt his career. He is open to getting hit.

Good question

Im gonna say yes

Hes kinda a weird matchup for khabib

But who uses it as an excuse?
They just say he was green which is factual lol

The furthest I’ve heard people say is that he is a much better fighter now, which is true

We are going in circles here. I am from Detroit and I like Lee, I just hear more about his hype and people justifying his losses opposed to discussing who he is as a fighter. Guys like Rogan act like he is a future GOAT or something. He is a good fighter with a lot of experience under his belt and still young. The reality is, he doesn't have a marquee win aside from Barboza, where he was nearly KO'd. Guys like Tony, Conor, Khabib, Poirier have far better wins and are better fighters. Maybe he could beat them, but a lot of fans put him up on a pedestal. In a way he is a better version of Sage. A young guy who has skill, but people discuss his potential more than what he has actually done. They spend time justifying his losses instead of calling it like it is.

Good day.

We are going in circles here. I am from Detroit and I like Lee, I just hear more about his hype and people justifying his losses opposed to discussing who he is as a fighter. Guys like Rogan act like he is a future GOAT or something. He is a good fighter with a lot of experience under his belt and still young. The reality is, he doesn't have a marquee win aside from Barboza, where he was nearly KO'd. Guys like Tony, Conor, Khabib, Poirier have far better wins and are better fighters. Maybe he could beat them, but a lot of fans put him up on a pedestal. In a way he is a better version of Sage. A young guy who has skill, but people discuss his potential more than what he has actually done. They spend time justifying his losses instead of calling it like it is.

Good day.

No, wait we’re not going in circles lol
There’s a difference between an excuse and a reason
To me, it seems at least, saying a fighter was green or making a debut seems to be a valid comment to make about a fight.
Watch I’ll do it right now, I’d love to see a fight between Max Holloway and Dustin Porier again. Dustin beat his ass, but Max was green when it happened a rematch would be great and I might take Max. This seems to be the type of comment i see in relation to Lee vs Iaquinta. It just seems to be an acknowledgement that fighters get better, particularly when they’re young like Lee does

the question isn’t is Lee a GOAT candidate, it’s a question specifically about potential - it asks “Do you think he could get good enough to win a belt, based on what you’ve seen”. Your answer is no, apparently, which is fine - but your insistence that people excuse his loses is head scratching. People didn’t even like him until his last fight lol

Yeah I could see it happening, he is still pretty young and he improves every year

Sell. Too one dimensional.

Dominated Barboza on the ground, yet was still one shot away from a KO late in the fight.

Unless someone kills Ferguson, Khabib, Conor and even Poirier, sell.

I'm not against it.. guy marketed himself, fought some good fights and has a great skill set combined with physicality..

It could absolutely be in the cards for him but there are so many killers and he is not the best wrestler or striker and there are a lot of killers rising..

Back