[c]Rapper Psy (Gangnam style) hates America

Nah it's true American soldiers are kinda rowdy.

yeah,I was more pissed about the "rape little girls" part. Yeah,we get rowdy over there,but it's because of the work environment in Korea. Hardest posting outside of actual deployment. It also doesn't help that the locals build dozens of bars right outside every base.

yeah,I was more pissed about the "rape little girls" part. Yeah,we get rowdy over there,but it's because of the work environment in Korea. Hardest posting outside of actual deployment. It also doesn't help that the locals build dozens of bars right outside every base.

Right, blame the bars, not the people.

Maybe they build the bars because you spend all your money there. It's not a free pass to go out and rape/murder people.

I'm not saying that the majority of Americans soldiers are bad people. That is far from the case. But just like within the police, the 'good' soldiers, and everyone else on up covers up these crimes.

Right, blame the bars, not the people.

Maybe they build the bars because you spend all your money there. It's not a free pass to go out and rape/murder people.

I'm not saying that the majority of Americans soldiers are bad people. That is far from the case. But just like within the police, the 'good' soldiers, and everyone else on up covers up these crimes.

uh,no "we" don't. Every major crime committed by USFK members against Koreans gets plastered all over the news in Korea,and sparks another wave of protests. The offenders rarely get off scott free,either. when I left Korea,there was a member of my unit sitting in Korean prison with another 2 years on his sentence.

oh,and most of the crimes are usually committed miles from base,not in the local area.Again,I was stationed there,and I read the USFK provost marshall reports weekly,as part of my job,so I know that shit doesn't get covered up.

Look up the "Yangju Highway Incident"

I am sure if South Koreans set up a military base in America and ran over two 14 year old American girls with a tank there would be angry songs written about it by Americans.

I would recommend looking into things instead of just blindly reacting to what you are told.

Patriotism = Blindness.

Actually, he has every right to hate him. Political bullshit aside, many people hate that song and find him annoying.

As a Korean living in Seoul, I'm going to chime in a little.

I have tremendous respect for American troops stationed here, especially after my conscription service. On principle I think should pull back, but if shit hits the fan, every Korean will be glad they are here. Koreans didn't complain when American troops were dying fighting the Communists.

Because the US troop issue is a major for left wing Koreans, the media and liberal politicians never miss the chance to jump over any wrong doing by American troops, and even foreigners in general. Koreans like all people, always like to blame outsiders for their problems. Due to the political pressures, the American GIs who are indicted for crimes are sometimes never even given a fair trial and the Korean public never hear the other side of the story (or don't want to). The police and judicial system is incredibly biased against American soldiers.

An American soldier will get far harsher treatment than a Korean who commits a similar or even more heinous crime. This is a country where raping a 9 year old will only get you a few years. If you're a local man. But an American soldier does anything remotely wrong, people want to see white people's heads on a spike.

That being said, some of the bad rap of them being rowdy isn't completely unwarranted. When I go to bars frequented by American GIs, I see a disproportionate number of dudes trying to look tough. That happens in any bar or club but I noticed it more with American GIs. I wonder why that is. I've met some GIs who were pretty cool once you got to know them but as a whole, they need to lighten up a bit.

As for the Psy thing, he's just a pop star who wants to be in the spotlight. Hating America was cool back then and he wasn't going to miss out on that.

Pugilistic,what brach/where did you serve? I worked with ROKAF Air Police on an almost daily basis.Loved those guys.

as for this:
When I go to bars frequented by American GIs, I see a disproportionate number of dudes trying to look tough. That happens in any bar or club but I noticed it more with American GIs

That's a result of an all volunteer force appealing to type-A personalities. It's unfortunate,but it happens,especially with so many dudes not getting laid in Korea. built up frustration/testosterone. IMHO.

I think it's a general characteristic of soldiers stationed in foreign territory. Not just Americans.

Pugilistic,what brach/where did you serve? I worked with ROKAF Air Police on an almost daily basis.Loved those guys.

as for this:

That's a result of an all volunteer force appealing to type-A personalities. It's unfortunate,but it happens,especially with so many dudes not getting laid in Korea. built up frustration/testosterone. IMHO.

I was in an infantry unit in the ROK Army. In my opinion, ROK soldiers (all soldiers) are no different. You get a bunch of dudes, pent up sexual aggression and alcohol, the results are very similar. That being said, Korean soldiers don't congregate at particular bars like GIs do so civilians don't have to deal with their rowdiness as much. I don't mind meeting GIs because they're cool when you meet them as individuals but I'm never going back to bars that are popular hangout places for them.

As a Korean living in Seoul, I'm going to chime in a little.

As for the Psy thing, he's just a pop star who wants to be in the spotlight. Hating America was cool back then and he wasn't going to miss out on that.

*Waits patiently for Falsedawns false bulletpoints*

I don't blame him. The Bush Administration got away with so many war crimes. There's a reason why most people on Earth hate the USA.

Dude... in the very own lyrics you posted he said to kill their DAUGHTERS, MOTHERS, DAUGHTERS-IN-LAW AND FATHERS. Those people aren't in the army and have nothing to do with anything. :icon_neut

And you're a gigantic idiot for thinking lyrics about murdering family members is totally fine because HURR HURR AMERICA DOES BAD STUFF.

It was like 6 years ago.
Didn't eminem spurt racist lyrics early in his career?
Don't black rappers rap about killing each other all the time?

This is just a stupid smear campaign brought on by a slow news day.

I don't blame him. The Bush Administration got away with so many war crimes. There's a reason why most people on Earth hate the USA.

It's no wonder so many people in the U.S. hate Bush. I'd venture to say that most North Koreans are good people, in spite of their government. No reason to call for them all to die.

It's no wonder so many people in the U.S. hate Bush. I'd venture to say that most North Koreans are good people, in spite of their government. No reason to call for them all to die.

Too bad we couldn't say the same thing about the Vietnamese.

Back