Cabbage steaks - have you tried these?

As a vegan I am dying too try these...Wonder what I could use as a substitute for oil...I know it wouldn't kill me but I also tend to avoid oils..... These looks great, love cabbage....Thanks for introducing me to these dude

As far as substitutes for oil....I've used butter instead of oil and it tastes great. But if you're avoiding oil then you might be avoiding butter too. And I don't know enough about cooking to know what to recommend as a good substitute. You can probably google recipes for it though. idk

Trust me you gotta try this. I love cabbage cooked pretty much in any way... I love coleslaw...or boiled with vinegar and salt. But cabbage steaks are my new favorite, hands down. Plus cabbage is really good for you. I've read that it even boosts your T levels, so if you don't eat much of it, you should. But have you guys tried cabbage steaks yet? It tastes WAY better than it sounds.

Just drizzle olive oil over the cabbage slices and top with garlic. Season cabbage with salt and pepper. Cover the dish with aluminum foil. Bake in preheated oven until the cabbage core is easily pierced with a fork, about 45 minutes. If you like it with a little crunch to it, you can cook it less than 45 mins. You can bake it, fry it in a pan, or grill it. It's good either way.

2-IMG_7526edit.jpg

IMG_1487-533x400.jpg

IMG_5759-320x320.jpg

Seasoned%20Cabbage%20Steaks_0448.jpg

31465e30e2220333ca76a0978eec14f5--grilled-meat-grilled-vegetables.jpg

grilled-cabbage-steaks-with-bacon-and-blue-cheese.ashx

Also feel free to post any coleslaw recipes here.

Im going to try this, I eat Sauerkraut already, plus I love cabbage in my soups.

Cabbage heals the gut as well and ulcers

Im going to try this, I eat Sauerkraut already, plus I love cabbage in my soups.

Cabbage heals the gut as well and ulcers

Dude you really should. You can read the reviews of the people itt that have tried it. It really is surprising how good these things are. And when you add in the health benefits, not to mention how cheap cabbage is.....it's win/win

Lemme know what ya think if you try 'em

As far as substitutes for oil....I've used butter instead of oil and it tastes great. But if you're avoiding oil then you might be avoiding butter too. And I don't know enough about cooking to know what to recommend as a good substitute. You can probably google recipes for it though. idk
A vegan would presumably shun butter.

I haven't found a Japanese restaurant that serves Okonomiyaki here in Nola.

Looking good but that doesn't look like Japanese mayo and it's just not the same without it, is it?

I use this. You can get it on Amazon. GOAT mayo.

Ditto. I'm asking about whether the restaurant you mentioned uses it.
Just curious. It could be colour correction, but in the pic you posted, the mayo looks pure white and Japanese mayo has more of an off-white colour, as you know.
Anyway, to paraphrase Rob Ford, I get plenty to eat at home.

Trust me you gotta try this. I love cabbage cooked pretty much in any way... I love coleslaw...or boiled with vinegar and salt. But cabbage steaks are my new favorite, hands down. Plus cabbage is really good for you. I've read that it even boosts your T levels, so if you don't eat much of it, you should. But have you guys tried cabbage steaks yet? It tastes WAY better than it sounds.

Just drizzle olive oil over the cabbage slices and top with garlic. Season cabbage with salt and pepper. Cover the dish with aluminum foil. Bake in preheated oven until the cabbage core is easily pierced with a fork, about 45 minutes. If you like it with a little crunch to it, you can cook it less than 45 mins. You can bake it, fry it in a pan, or grill it. It's good either way.

2-IMG_7526edit.jpg

IMG_1487-533x400.jpg

IMG_5759-320x320.jpg

<mma3>

Ditto. I'm asking about whether the restaurant you mentioned uses it.
Just curious. It could be colour correction, but in the pic you posted, the mayo looks pure white and Japanese mayo has more of an off-white colour, as you know.
Anyway, to paraphrase Rob Ford, I get plenty to eat at home.

That's true about the white color of the mayo in the photo. Kewpie mayonaise isn't well known in America. I'm trying to spread it's greatness in the Mayberry. I use it for all my sandwiches.

2-IMG_7526edit.jpg

IMG_1487-533x400.jpg

IMG_5759-320x320.jpg

You didn’t post what temp

I love cabbage, so I'mma give this a shot.

Sauerkraut, Kimchi, stuffed cabbage, boiled cabbage, cabbage salads, coleslaw, red cabbage, white cabbage, savoy cabbage, cabbage cabbage, ......

That's true about the white color of the mayo in the photo. Kewpie mayonaise isn't well known in America. I'm trying to spread it's greatness in the Mayberry. I use it for all my sandwiches.

To me, you haven't lived if you have never had a roast beef sandwich on toasted home made bread with fresh-cut veggies (cucumber, lettuce, green pepper), some salt and pepper, and, most importantly, the butter and Kewpie mayo.

I love my wife a lot. A lot.

I love that you left out sauerkraut. For me, that's the exception that proves the rule. On the whole, it's the only way I don't like cabbage.

First thing I listed. :eek:

I love sauerkraut.

Cabbage steaks topped with a slice of tomato, goat cheese, and drizzled with balsamic are the shit.

How does it's taste differ from regular mayo?

To me, you haven't lived if you have never had a roast beef sandwich on toasted home made bread with fresh-cut veggies (cucumber, lettuce, green pepper), some salt and pepper, and, most importantly, the butter and Kewpie mayo.

I love my wife a lot. A lot.

You're a lucky guy. Try use Kewpie in your Japanese potato salad.

Back