• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

News Cain Velasquez arrested on a charge of attempted murder for shooting at his relatives molester

Should Cain's friends or family have tried to stop him from making a huge mistake?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let it play out in court. Period, that is what I expect. Not justifying either Cain or the shot dude, but the legal system is in place for a reason.
Bring on the flames.

Please explain what I am missing

The intention was not to hit that guy, and I said the execution was off but you can see how that happened.

If I go to hit someone, snd he ducks and I hit you, it's an accident...but you still got hit.

In the military they call it collateral damage.

If this was premeditated, there were so many other options for Cain.

He could have followed man’s family and found out where he was staying, waited until dark and finished the job.

I assume Cain’s a millionaire, he could have just paid somebody else to do it.

He could have also waited until the pedo went through the justice system before reacting, at least.

• First-degree attempted murder can result in life in prison with the possibility of parole. Defendants must serve at least 15 years in prison if the victim was an on-duty police officer, firefighter, or other specified individual.
  • Second-degree attempted murder can result in five, seven, or nine years in prison depending on the facts of the case.
Hopefully he can get it down to second degree and only pull a nickel in the joint. He will probably join a gang and be fine.

Look if my stepson was in jail for this crime.... I'd be talking to him through bars until I found out for sure he was innocent.

So would I. I get that. I don’t know what was going through the step dad’s head maybe can’t accept the truth or doesn’t know handle this situation but unless something new comes out. The stepdad didn’t do anything. He was innocent man

Ive now learned from this thread people think it’s cool if your form of vigilante justice is exacted on the perpetrator’s family members but not the actual perpetrator.

No, that's not at all what people are saying.
Im saying he fucked up and he's gonna serve time, but intent is something looked at by the courts.

His execution was off, but you have to see where he was coming from.
If someone did that to your kid and they just let him out...im sure you'd be Captain Level head right?

This is from Marc Raimondi story for ESPN.

"The child, who is under 10, told an officer from the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office on Feb. 24 that Goularte took him into the bathroom of a daycare center and touched the child's genitals, per a court document obtained by ESPN. The child said Goularte said not to tell anyone what happened and that this had occurred "100 times." In the court document, the child said he witnessed other kids go into the bathroom with Goularte as well."

Anyone that doesn't want to kill this cunt, isn't human.
How about due process to make sure that this really happened? And then make the judgement ?

Am I saying that the kid is lying? No, I don't think so. But I also don't think that the kid is counting 100 times that the Pedo did this to him. That might be something that the parents have told the child to say.

Regardless, 1 time is already too many. But there is due process. Authorities would talk with other parents, talk with the other kids in the daycare, then you can bring down this POS family together especially if they were all in on it - as in the mother and stepfather knew what was going on.

Instead, Cain endangered other people making this a road chase - ramming his car into others, and then open firing in public multiple times which is very reckless.

In the end, the Pedo didn't even catch the bullet. It was his 'innocent' step-father. I say innocent, because the law hasn't run it's course to investigate them properly yet.

They have now become 'victims' instead, thanks to Cain's actions.

Cain's looking at 20 years to life for this. This is no joke. Especially for Cain's family. How do you think his kids are feeling right now? You think Cain's wife has told them that Daddy isn't coming home for 20 years? It sucks.

The intention was not to hit that guy, and I said the execution was off but you can see how that happened.

If I go to hit someone, snd he ducks and I hit you, it's an accident...but you still got hit.

That’s still reckless endangerment

This is from Marc Raimondi story for ESPN.

"The child, who is under 10, told an officer from the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office on Feb. 24 that Goularte took him into the bathroom of a daycare center and touched the child's genitals, per a court document obtained by ESPN. The child said Goularte said not to tell anyone what happened and that this had occurred "100 times." In the court document, the child said he witnessed other kids go into the bathroom with Goularte as well."

Anyone that doesn't want to kill this cunt, isn't human.
I think we all want him dead. And many of us would do it. Others of us would beat him to an inch of it. And others of us would let the courts handle it and hope for the best.

I don't think anyone has stated they don't understand Cain wanting him dead - that's not the issue.

I think many of us don't consider society safer with ppl ramming cars on the highway and shooting into them in public. And out of self preservation we feel "this cannot be done in society unless we're all down to die at any time because any member of society is sufficiently wronged".

Had Cain killed dude in a dark alley at night or even in dude's house at night, I doubt you'd have many ppl critiquing him. It's the public endangerment of others that is at issue here - not Cain's desire to rid the earth of predator scum. We're mostly all on board with ridding the earth of predator scum, I think.

No, that's not at all what people are saying.
Im saying he fucked up and he's gonna serve time, but intent is something looked at by the courts.

His execution was off, but you have to see where he was coming from.
If someone did that to your kid and they just let him out...im sure you'd be Captain Level head right?
WTF are you on about? Cain's INTENTION was MURDER.

That's what Cain is being held for - Attempted FIRST DEGREE Murder.

That is why he has been denied bail. It's fucking serious.

He is being charged with multiple other counts as well, on top of attempted first degree murder.

You think Cain is the first person to have this happen to? Child molestation is pure evil, BUT SO IS MURDER.

I think we all want him dead. And many of us would do it. Others of us would beat him to an inch of it. And others of us would let the courts handle it and hope for the best.

I don't think anyone has stated they don't understand Cain wanting him dead - that's not the issue.

I think many of us don't consider society safer with ppl ramming cars on the highway and shooting into them in public. And out of self preservation we feel "this cannot be done in society unless we're all down to die at any time because any member of society is sufficiently wronged".

Had Cain killed dude in a dark alley at night or even in dude's house at night, I doubt you'd have many ppl critiquing him. It's the public endangerment of others that is at issue here - not Cain's desire to rid the earth of predator scum. We're mostly all on board with ridding the earth of predator scum, I think.

Snd I have said a thousand times in here that he was wrong for how he handled it, but I understand completely sir.

So many UFC fighters and fans are too emotionally compromised to look at the whole situation objectively.

Know your target and backstop. Don’t miss. Cain hit the wrong person. It was dangerous, irresponsible, and he should face some justice for that.

WTF are you on about? Cain's INTENTION was MURDER.

That's what Cain is being held for - Attempted FIRST DEGREE Murder.

That is why he has been denied bail. It's fucking serious.

He is being charged with multiple other counts as well, on top of attempted first degree murder.

You think Cain is the first person to have this happen to? Child molestation is pure evil, BUT SO IS MURDER.
His intention wasn't to hit the guy he hit.

What the fuck?

"Oh mate, sorry I shot down your mother. Was trying to shoot that guy over there, my bad. You know, collateral damage."

What the fuck?

"Oh mate, sorry I shot down your mother. Was trying to shoot that guy over there, my bad. You know, collateral damage."

I said he was wrong for how he handled it ffs, I know he's going to jail for it.

But s lot of people in here act like they don't understand his fury.

But you're asking all of society to accept their status as collateral damage because a terrible wrong has been committed.

And it's not because there are no other options. Cain could so easily have followed these guys to their destination and handled it there, privately. No problems. There is no need for collateral damage and we're not in the military.

If I want to punch you and I choose to do it a senior citizen's bingo hall, when I could have chosen before or after the event in a different location, and I miss you and kill an old lady instead.... do I expect her family to say "well yeah, he ducked so grandma got killed. The execution was off but I can see how that happened, grandma was just collateral damage"??

If you expect ppl to feel this way, you will come to learn that MOST ppl don't feel this way. MOST of us want to feel safe when we walk the streets. If you tell me there's a pedo in my neighbourhood I'll say "no shit, sherlock, there are thousands of ppl here - for sure SOME of them are pedos". But if you tell me there will be shooting outside on a street corner in the next 5 days, I'm going to be watching my back and every situation on high alert for 5 days.

Most ppl want society to become safer, not more on high alert and worrying about getting shot. You may be more in the "I'm willing to die so that a random person gets revenge that is very well deserved" camp. And that's fine. But most humans aren't into that. We are mostly looking for safe areas for our kids to grow up and live.

I was always on the lookout for pedos when my kids were young. My gf doesn't even let her daughters visit any friend who has an older brother or father at home. If she knows the father personally and well, she may make an exception. Her girls only visit friends who have no males expected to be in the home. That's because we're in the "no shit, sherlock, there are pedos out there" camp.

So we are NOT pro pedo!

But we're not willing to get shot at any intersection because pedos exist either. There is LOTS of middle ground to explore between these two extremes.

What the fuck?

I think he already stated earlier in the thread that he did not have a balanced perspective from which to view this. He's just frustrated at pedos, and rightfully so. But yeah, this would be crazy logic to live by for most of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back