News Cain Velasquez: "Jon Jones is the greatest ever, the greatest ever that you’re ever gonna see"

If he wasn't riddled with PEDs throughout his career I would feel likewise.

When the apparent GOAT also has more drug test failures than anyone in the sports history, I dunno just feels like these things could be related.

How is he betraying DC when he beat DC twice pretty handily?

Nobody has ever beaten the quality of competition Jon has at the finish rate and dominating manner in which he did it. The closest thing to Rua-Jackson-Machida-Evans-Belfort-Sonnen-Gus-Glover-DC-OSP-DC-Gus with 7 finishes is Weidman's Maia-Munoz-Silva-Silva-Machida-Belfort with 4 finishes, imo.
Honorable mention has to go to JDS' run to the belt: 9-0 with 7 finishes (going from memory, don't judge me LOL): Werdum-Yvel-Struve-CroCop -Nelson-Carwin-Cain-Mir - I know I'm missing someone and I know that Nelson & Carwin were the 2 decisions.

By that stupid "logic" Alexander Gustafsson must be using roids because he fought roidhead John Jones.

What a lame argument, but it's not a surprise from Fedor's fanboys : they're the most delusional people on Sherdog (and by far).

Here's the difference : doping was legal in Pride FC but not in the UFC, so your argument is bullshit. When there's absolutely no consequence when you cheat, it's obviously completely different.

So even if your opponent cheats in the UFC, you don't necessarily want to cheat because you take the risk of being caught.

“I mean, Jon Jones is the greatest ever, the greatest ever that you’re ever gonna see,” Cain Velasquez told The Schmo during a recent interview. “Obviously, a complete fighter, mentally the stronger. The strongest competitor that you’re gonna face out there.

Does this feel like DC's teammate betraying him?
https://www.lowkickmma.com/cain-velasquez-miocic-jon-jones-that-maybe-ufc/

No betrayal. What is he supposed to say? That DC is the goat? Khabib?

If you think about it, he’s saying that the only fighter who could beat DC in his prime is not only the best to ever do it, but the best there ever will be. That makes DC pretty fucking great.

He beat a better version of DC than Stipe ever had 2 times, yet a washed out DC destroyed Stipe in their first fight.

Keep hating <GOT2>

At LHW, and even Jon said he wanted no part of DC at HW. Hating? Just being real. Leave the hating to you.

Any fighter that calls Jones the GOAT is probably a PED user.

Imagine a student cheating on exam and then calling him the smartest kid in class...

Anyone who played by the rules would never stand for that

That school analogy you made is a terrible one and you know it. It’s way more complicated than knowing the answers to a test, so don’t act like it’s the same thing. You’re undermining your own argument with that nonsense.

I’m a DC fan and think Jon Jones is basically a lowlife, but you couldn’t be more wrong.

At LHW, and even Jon said he wanted no part of DC at HW. Hating? Just being real. Leave the hating to you.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/05/jon-jones-will-not-fight-daniel-cormier-at-heavyweight : “Right now, I make light heavyweight very easily, and it would just make no sense to fight a guy who, I think, technically (is) on your level and to give him a size advantage. I’m not doing it. I’m sure my fans don’t like to hear me talk like that, but that’s just me being a realist – and being respectful of Daniel’s abilities.”

Ok but in his fight against Ciryl Gane he weighed more than any fight of DC in the UFC HW division, so it doesn't make sense : https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id...niel-cormier-make-weight-deciding-third-fight

I think he meant fighting DC without really gaining weight.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/05/jon-jones-will-not-fight-daniel-cormier-at-heavyweight : “Right now, I make light heavyweight very easily, and it would just make no sense to fight a guy who, I think, technically (is) on your level and to give him a size advantage. I’m not doing it. I’m sure my fans don’t like to hear me talk like that, but that’s just me being a realist – and being respectful of Daniel’s abilities.”

Ok but in his fight against Ciryl Gane he weighed more than any fight of DC in the UFC HW division, so it doesn't make sense : https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id...niel-cormier-make-weight-deciding-third-fight

I think he meant fighting DC without really gaining weight.

but he didn’t fight DC or Ngannou at HW. We’ll see how the Stipe fight goes.

Yeah he was shook.
After beating him twice, a 3rd time with more mass for both of them would have weilded a different outcome.
This is intelligent!

“I think fighting Daniel Cormier at heavyweight would be a bigger challenge. He’s more comfortable there.“His body type — that’s the way he wants to be, to be big. I definitely think he will be a tougher fight at heavyweight. But I still believe I would win. I believe that I have his number. I know how to beat him.”

He was scared after knocking him out the second time!
<22>
<DCrying>

Yeah he was shook.
After beating him twice, a 3rd time with more mass for both of them would have weilded a different outcome.
This is intelligent!

“I think fighting Daniel Cormier at heavyweight would be a bigger challenge. He’s more comfortable there.“His body type — that’s the way he wants to be, to be big. I definitely think he will be a tougher fight at heavyweight. But I still believe I would win. I believe that I have his number. I know how to beat him.”

<22>
<DCrying>
“I’m a realist,” Jones said. "We’d be giving him a power and strength advantage over me; it just doesn’t make sense."

“It would just make no sense to fight a guy who, I think, technically (is) on your level and to give him a size advantage. I’m not doing it. I’m sure my fans don’t like to hear me talk like that, but that’s just me being a realist.”

Jones needed the steroid advantage, age advantage, and weight advantage to "win" over DC, and ducked HW until the only guys he had to fight was French kickboxer and a washed Stipe.
<mma1>

giphy.gif
The greatest fighter in combat sports history

Of course, the haters won’t let this go smoothly. What else is new?

How is he betraying DC when he beat DC twice pretty handily?

Nobody has ever beaten the quality of competition Jon has at the finish rate and dominating manner in which he did it. The closest thing to Rua-Jackson-Machida-Evans-Belfort-Sonnen-Gus-Glover-DC-OSP-DC-Gus with 7 finishes is Weidman's Maia-Munoz-Silva-Silva-Machida-Belfort with 4 finishes, imo.
Yea spider or gsp runs hell even bj Penns run was better than Weidman beating past prime Brazilians and a deflated Vitor and Munoz wasn't even good lol

Yeah he was shook.
This is intelligent!

<22>
<DCrying>

then why did Jones say it? Being respectful? Yeah, that’s so Jon Jones.

“I’m a realist,” Jones said. "We’d be giving him a power and strength advantage over me; it just doesn’t make sense."

“It would just make no sense to fight a guy who, I think, technically (is) on your level and to give him a size advantage. I’m not doing it. I’m sure my fans don’t like to hear me talk like that, but that’s just me being a realist.”

Jones needed the steroid advantage, age advantage, and weight advantage to "win" over DC, and ducked HW until the only guys he had to fight was French kickboxer and a washed Stipe.
<mma1>

You can manufacture whatever fantasy stories you wish, seriously

But the reality is Jones crushed DC twice (one of the best HW's ever) rendering him unconscious their second fight.

He became the longest reigning UFC champion ever

moved up and demolished the #1 Interim HW champion within minutes

So you can imagine if he fought X fighter on Y date at Z weight in some altertnative timeline. But Its ALL bullsh*t fantasy.

The facts are, he's never lost. The longest reigning champion and just squashed the HW interim champion.

No ones resume comes close, period.

upload_2023-10-13_16-44-5.png

#facts

Back