Cain Velasquez Trial for Attempted Murder Expected to Begin in January

Verdict

• Total voters
As a father of two, it would be impossible to be in a stable mental state if one of my kids came home with those accusations.

Not condoning anything. Not passing judgement on anyone. Just saying… Being a parent changes you.

Agree, and that’s why I hope the punishment is not TOO severe.

However:

1. Unspeakable things happen to children multiple times every day. The parents typically do not engage in a high speed chase/shootout.

2. More importantly, the courts can’t send a message to the public that you can get a mulligan for recklessly endangering an entire community as long as you have good reason to be upset. That’s effectively a universal license for vigilantism and we just can’t have that.

I guess we will have to wait and see but my point is that in this day and age everyone needs to be extra careful. Why the fuck would someone help a kid pee by holding is dick? A kid can't make this shit up dude. It is far too precise.

Kids can say all sorts of things, just to be clear. Look up the daycare abuse hysteria from the 80s.

Not saying these accusations are not true, it seems likely that they are.

What if it turns out it was another guy that molested his kid? No one has been found guilty yet.
Ya know, for all the posters who come on and throw shaded pedo barbs at any users arguing against Cain, I think it's just as easy to suggest that those people who form these insane revenge fantasies WANT it to be true that Cains kid was abused, cuz then it plays into their justification.

The law is innocent until proven guilty and I hope it's found that a kid wasn't molested and traumatized, call me crazy. They seem to hope for it, so they can prove how anti-pedo they are in forum FULL of people who are anti-pedo because it's just called being normal, so it's nothing something we need to justify or beat our chest about.

But to answer your question a bit, legally speaking it doesn't matter if the guy is found guilty or not. Logically and emotionally of course it matters, but in court, they normally would not be able to even discuss the findings of the other case

As much as I love Cain Velasquez and think the pedo should rot in hell, surely the facts for this point to guilty? How do legal defences work in USA? Does Cain have any valid argument?

From what I read Goularte put the kids private parts in his mouth. That's the accusation. This wasn't wiping pee.

He should have learned from this guy:

That's how you do it. That being said: Cain acted like a retard and endangered everyone around him + shooting the wrong guy. He'll probably spend some time in jail though I think the punishment won't be too harsh. He'll probably spend like1 year or so in prison and get out on probation would be my guess

Do you understand the difference between what Doucet did, and what Goularte is accused of? Doucet was literally caught red handed half way across the country with an 11yo he had kidnapped and forcibly brutalized for several weeks. The 1 count that Goularte faces isn't anywhere near that heinous.

Kids can say all sorts of things, just to be clear. Look up the daycare abuse hysteria from the 80s.

Not saying these accusations are not true, it seems likely that they are.[/QUOT
Ya know, for all the posters who come on and throw shaded pedo barbs at any users arguing against Cain, I think it's just as easy to suggest that those people who form these insane revenge fantasies WANT it to be true that Cains kid was abused, cuz then it plays into their justification.

The law is innocent until proven guilty and I hope it's found that a kid wasn't molested and traumatized, call me crazy. They seem to hope for it, so they can prove how anti-pedo they are in forum FULL of people who are anti-pedo because it's just called being normal, so it's nothing something we need to justify or beat our chest about.

But to answer your question a bit, legally speaking it doesn't matter if the guy is found guilty or not. Logically and emotionally of course it matters, but in court, they normally would not be able to even discuss the findings of the other case

Emotionally it matters, but not logically. Why does logic dictate Cain should be able to recklessly hunt down a pedo?

From what I read Goularte put the kids private parts in his mouth. That's the accusation. This wasn't wiping pee.

That's not what he is charged with. My understanding without fact checking the dockett is that he is charged with CPC, 288. Whereas Mouth + Genitals would be CPC 287.

That's not what he is charged with. My understanding without fact checking the dockett is that he is charged with CPC, 288. Whereas Mouth + Genitals would be CPC 287.
Cain Velasquez son’s alleged molester will go to trial, judge rules (usatoday.com)

She said Cain Jr. “seemed ashamed” when he told her about Harry touching his “penis and scrotum.” When she asked if Goularte put Cain Jr.’s penis in his mouth, she said her son answered yes.

Edit: My point was that these accusations aren't simply wiping some pee.

Last edited:
It's only a controversy because he missed the target. He would be looking at a very relaxed sentence if he didn't hit the step dad.

Emotionally it matters, but not logically. Why does logic dictate Cain should be able to recklessly hunt down a pedo?
I throw that term out to quench the Neanderthals. They're hardly ready for a conversation on how the justice system should work, let alone some discussion on the thought process vs crimes of the mentally ill.

What i mean is, it makes immediate sense (if you don't want to think about the subject in depth, and this is a subject most people generally avoid thinking about in depth, so in their minds, it makes all the sense they want it to)

Are we sure he shot the “wrong” person? Perhaps there is more at play. Maybe the stepdad was well aware of what was going on and that will be revealed in the trial.

I am not saying Cain shouldn’t do time, but rather that the indiscriminate fire was due to information we aren’t privy too yet.
agreed; there's got to be way more to that story. i feel like you would inherently know if something was off about your step child, the way they are working, mannerisms, verbal cues, physical cues, etc. terrible sad situation all around.

i just cant agree with opening fire around other innocent people. i can totally get down with cain kidnapping him and taking him to a secluded enviroment and killing him. id be okay with him stabbing him to death as well. him firing his gun around innocent people with comnplete shit for accuracy was dumb. not one bullet hit the phedo. he is lucky his shitty aim didnt kill an innocent bystander.

If the dumbass had just cornered the guy in a dark alley and beat the shit out of him we’d all have his back

instead he shot from moving vehicle at moving vehicle with dozens of innocent bystanders in the line of fire. That’s what’s not acceptable and deserving of prison time for the deadly risk he brought to others with his own selfish decision making
Literally the case and point.

Cain should, and very likely will, get substantial punishment for his carelessness in that moment.

Yes, definitely, go after the guy, but not in the way that he did.

I didn't even think people would hope that it is true so they can prove how anti-pedo they are, but now I can't unsee it. That's a good observation.

And yes, totaly agree on all facets of your post.

What Cain did was just as irresponsible
[QUOTE/]

What the other guy did wasn't "irresponsible", it was reprehensible. If you have a soft spot for child molesters I can't fuck with you. I'm sorry people like that deserve a bullet. Your argument might be logically sound but this isn't the time for that. The fact that you're implying cain is equally in the wrong is just confounding. You're choosing the wrong hill to die on homey

It's not asking "do you agree with what he did". It's asking "is what he did against the law", it is.
We'd probably all do what Cain did but we'd also be aware of the consequences.
When you shoot you shouldn't miss, he missed and basically did all that shit for nothing.

Cain Velasquez son’s alleged molester will go to trial, judge rules (usatoday.com)

She said Cain Jr. “seemed ashamed” when he told her about Harry touching his “penis and scrotum.” When she asked if Goularte put Cain Jr.’s penis in his mouth, she said her son answered yes.

Edit: My point was that these accusations aren't simply wiping some pee.

Haven't followed the case closely, first time reading that article. First off, poor taste of USA/MMA Junkie to identify the alleged minor victim even if it is common knowledge at this point. The article does appear to be written 1st person by someone who was at that hearing, which is a quality source cite. <JennieThumbsUp>

Secondly. Next to a dismissal, that hearing went as well as Goularte's defense could have asked. The primary witness against them changed his testimony from 100x to 2x, and also admitted on the stand that his parents coached what testimony he did give.

"On cross examination, Stephen DeFilippis, Goularte’s lead defense attorney, called to attention Cain Jr.’s statement to police in which he said Goularte touched him “100 times.” On the stand, Cain Jr. said he was touched two times. He also asked Cain Jr. if his parents talked to him before the day about what would happen in court and what he should say. The boy said they did."

For the record. I am Captain of Team "I hope bad things never happen to Children." Unfortunately, either way, something real bad happened to this youngster. He was either the victim of a predator, or/and, his parents are using him as a pawn to justify Cain's violent irrational actions.

Back