caio terra 111 half guard techniques

shouldercharge

Dave Camarillo idoliser
Reaction score
see budo videos has this on special has any one got it/seen it? any reviews?
it sounds good and im considering getting it

I thought it was a great buy, A LOT of info to process.

Search the forum, and you will find reviews.

did his terra guard seminar. sick technique but felt like a lot of torque on my knee

I'm not sure of your rank, but I did a half guard seminar as a white belt.. It's very technical stuff. I wouldn't really recommend it to a white belt. I almost exclusively went to train with my BJJ "idol", with little caring as to what was being taught.

Easily one of the best guard instructionals out there, and probably the best on half guard and open half variants. Only half guard game it doesn't really cover extensively (it does have some) is half butterfly. Incredible resource for the tornado/spiral game.

Awesome dvd but not for beginners. I got it as a new blue and it took me months and numerous viewings to work out how to put it all together (conceptually, can't do it on the mats yet).

Like others mentioned it may be too advanced for wb's and even newer blues. It's a great investment though. Best instructional I own and have built my game around it. Enough material to keep you busy for a long time! :D

Its pretty good but quite detailed for some. To be honest I think the best thing would be to forward through it until you find parts that are similar to your current game and learn Cairo variations of how he enters those positions or what he does if it doesn't work out. Also look for when he goes through something where you have particular problems.

I don't know many if any people who could watch all those techniques, remember them and use them in sparring/tournament.

But thats me, I find it difficult to learn through videos. I need to be shown it to learn it. The only times I can remember and use the techniques is when the person in the instructional elaborates on a position I already use/been taught.

One of the best instructional video i ever have.

It improves my half guard tremendously.

There is a lot of advanced stuff but there is also a lot of stuff a white or newer blue can take from it. I have implemented a few things into my game and with his sequences you can just keep adding on to it.

I bought it several months ago and it's great. It's definitely worth the 80 bucks.

Not all of the techniques are impossibly technical. The first DVD has a lot of basic movements and transitions essential for playing any kind of underhook half guard, and Caio explains concepts very well for "Getting out of Bad Spots."
I seriously think there is something to be had for anyone interested in playing a half guard in the DVD. If you already have the basics down, you'll probably pick up some good tips, and if you're completely new to it, you won't be completely out in the water.
He also advances each technique from the technique before it, showing alternate entries and set ups, and options off of your opponents various possible reactions. For the price, you can hardly go wrong with this DVD.

It is really worth the money.

Easily one of the best guard instructionals out there, and probably the best on half guard and open half variants. Only half guard game it doesn't really cover extensively (it does have some) is half butterfly. Incredible resource for the tornado/spiral game.

I agree....best half guard video out there

Its pretty good but quite detailed for some. To be honest I think the best thing would be to forward through it until you find parts that are similar to your current game and learn Cairo variations of how he enters those positions or what he does if it doesn't work out. Also look for when he goes through something where you have particular problems.

I don't know many if any people who could watch all those techniques, remember them and use them in sparring/tournament.

But thats me, I find it difficult to learn through videos. I need to be shown it to learn it. The only times I can remember and use the techniques is when the person in the instructional elaborates on a position I already use/been taught.

The thing isn't to memorize the whole DVD. Having problems w/ H/G, watch the section on getting out of bad spots, everyone can learn from that. Want to work, sitting up h/g watch that section. Maybe learn 1 move from each position. Reference back when you want. It is a great tool to have.

see budo videos has this on special has any one got it/seen it? any reviews?
it sounds good and im considering getting it

Caio's new DVD, Modern Jiu-Jitsu, looks like nothing I have ever seen before. I have the Half Guard DVD, but this looks way better.

I love this DVD. The getting out of bad spots section I feel is great for EVERYONE but can be learned by even white belts.

Its pretty comprehensive and just about covers everything you need to build an entire game around in half guard.

I am working through the "getting out of bad spots" section now. It has worked wonders for my half-guard bottom game, and I have barely scratched the surface. I think what I appreciate most about the instructional is the level of detail. Terra gives you a lot of the concepts behind what he is doing, and I think that helps everything stick. That being said, I have had to go through the techniques while taking notes. After that, I have had to focus on drilling one technique at a time and slowing incorporating it into my live rolling. There will be a lot there to keep me busy for a long time. Great instructional.

this instructional is amazing, very technical and some of the techniques are almost overwhelmingly detailed with all the different little adjustments and variations he shows

Back