Elections California Requires Trump's Tax Returns to Appear on the Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not being taken away, he's choosing to keep himself off by not disclosing what is lawfully required. Follow the laws if you want to be on the ballot, it's not that hard. Thought you Republicans were all for "States Rights."
It's a federal election. They can require only people without the initials DT on the ballot for state elections if they want. It should be alarming how desperate for power they are that they'll invent new laws to keep an individual person off the ballot. Trump should tell them to fuck off and not even campaign there since was never even a 1% chance of him winning anyway.

Well I think it's fair to argue that gerrymanding is a way to deliberately and intentionally alter the election results rather than simply regulating who can be on the ballot. Then add in attempts like in NC to blatantly gerrymander on racial basis, and then it's not quite the same thing. So you're right it's an entirely different argument.

If administration of elections is entirely a state function, as I thought you agreed, then of course drawing district lines is part of that.

The fundamental issue is: the federal government is a government of enumerated powers only (see my signature, or the 10th Amendment). If you can't find the power to stop states' redistricting attempts in the Constitution, then the federal government doesn't have that power. Partisans worried about gerrymandering will of course try to stretch the 14th Amendment to cover gerrymandering, but smart guys like you won't be fooled.

let me get this straight... requiring a state ID to vote is some sort of huge no-no, but tax returns are required for one to run for office?

umm...

so dems want "undocumented" people to vote for them, but not to be able to take their jorbs? i thought they said that wasn't happening...

This is such twisted thinking.

Voter ID laws, whether you agree with them or not, are targeted at us, the voting public. Most of us are of minimal power to protect ourselves from most forces that aren't direct physical threats.

This law, meanwhile, is targeted at people running for president, almost all of whom are elite multimillionaires who have the power to literally kill people without being punished.

And you made a thread to stand up for the latter. How brave. For too long have the America's millionaires suffered at the hands of local and state government.

You apparently do not understand how many illegal alien, and harvested ballot votes have counted in our elections. Voter ID law protects American Citizens from abuse. ID's are easy and often virtually free to obtain.

id-required-vote-no-yes-1-alcohol-1-voting-2-12246869.png

Targeted election laws to disqualify a candidate that the established power base opposes is nothing more than an Authoritarian tactic, which apparently you fully support.... such twisted thinking.

Meh, that'll get challenged and struck down

I doubt it, states have every right to choose how they run their elections. Just look at the super-delegate crap you see in some states.

let me get this straight... requiring a state ID to vote is some sort of huge no-no, but tax returns are required for one to run for office?

umm...

Let's bump your post and make a slight addition, "Private Tax Returns".

So then why are you upset about this?

Because he knows Trump is the only guy running for president in the modern era who refuses to release his tax returns. His outrage is just a knee-jerk emotional reaction to someone attempting to put a check on Dear Leader.

You apparently do not understand how many illegal alien, and harvested ballot votes have counted in our elections. Voter ID law protects American Citizens from abuse. ID's are easy and often virtually free to obtain.

Way to change the topic.

I said that voter ID laws affect the common voter. As in, all of us would have to show our IDs if such laws were passed. Do you agree, yes or no?

Last edited:
If administration of elections is entirely a state function, as I thought you agreed, then of course drawing district lines is part of that.

The fundamental issue is: the federal government is a government of enumerated powers only (see my signature, or the 10th Amendment). If you can't find the power to stop states' redistricting attempts in the Constitution, then the federal government doesn't have that power. Partisans worried about gerrymandering will of course try to stretch the 14th Amendment to cover gerrymandering, but smart guys like you won't be fooled.

I would agree that it's not a power granted by the Constitution implicitly that doesn't mean we should just hand wave what's becoming a major tool of the elites to micromanage election results on both sides of the isle.

Here's my thing.

If this was written for any and ALL candidates from the fucking city assessor of Lodi on up to the guy running for President of the US I wouldn't have THAT much of an issue.

BBBBUUUUTTTTT, we all know it probably was just for Trump.
So what if it is just for Trump? Before FDR it was a political norm for presidents to only serve two terms and so when he broke that norm and was elected a third and fourth time the Congress decided to act and passed the 22nd amendment. Tax returns aren't as important as term limits but its not entirely unlike that case. In both instances the political norm was strong enough that no law was needed for a while but eventually someone was willing to break with the norm and that lead to the norm being passed as law.

Way to change the topic.

I said that voter ID laws affect the common voter. As in, all of us would have to show our IDs if sych laws were passed. Do you agree, yes or no?

You changed the topic and then got upset when I destroyed your argument by whining about exactly what you just did. That is a dishonest. I don't duck like you just did and the "change in topic" you claim I did is a natural and honest point in this discussion.

YES. YES. YES. U.S. Citizens should have ID's to vote to protect us from Vote Harvesting and Illegal Aliens Voting. Both have been confirmed to have happened by the hundreds and thousands.

ID's are easy and often free to acquire.

This is pretty much entirely symbolic. Trump is going to be the republican nominee. He doesn't need to be on the California primary ballot to accomplish that. He doesn't even need to get on the ballot for California in the general election because he was never going to win California anyway. So it pretty much has zero impact on whether or not Trump is re-elected.

You changed the topic and then got upset when I destroyed your argument by whining about exactly what you just did. That is a dishonest. I don't duck like you just did and the "change in topic" you claim I did is a natural and honest point in this discussion.

Lol, how did I change the topic?

I didn't say that ID's were hard to procure or expensive. I didn't say that there shouldn't be voter ID laws.

I said that voter ID laws affect the common voter. Do you agree? 2nd time I've asked this. Are you not going to answer the question because you know you'll look like a hypocrite if you do?

It's a federal election. They can require only people without the initials DT on the ballot for state elections if they want. It should be alarming how desperate for power they are that they'll invent new laws to keep an individual person off the ballot. Trump should tell them to fuck off and not even campaign there since was never even a 1% chance of him winning anyway.
How does that indicate a desperation for power to keep an individual person off the ballot when you yourself said that person didn't even have a 1% chance of winning?

YES. YES. YES. U.S. Citizens should have ID's to vote to protect us from Vote Harvesting and Illegal Aliens Voting. Both have been confirmed to have happened by the hundreds and thousands.

ID's are easy and often free to acquire.

You already can't vote without a valid SSID#, valid state ID or driver's license, and a valid street address... you have to register in advance.. Have you actually tried voting before?

I mean, I feel like people advocating for these voter ID laws haven't actually tried voting.

You can smell the desperation.
Won't matter, this once great state has been blue for a long time now, so at best it's a symbolic gesture.
Also, nice setting of precedent (not that it will stand up in court) there, nimrods.

Yeah, the Democrats must be desperate to keep Donald from winning California...

That's really disgusting. I promise this level of resistance won't be forgotten. Many people are going to be supportive of the same tactics used against a Democrat regime when it is finally elected (spoiler alert: it won't be in 2020). Special counsels galore... it will be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back