Can a UFC fighter drink soda or coffee instead of water when they are cornered in between rounds?

hows that crow tasting?

what the fuck are you talking about

read my lips

CAFFEINE IS NOT PROHIBITED

what you posted was the "monitored" substances list

that is things that are MONITORED to see if they are being abused with a view to adding them to the prohibited list should it be determined they are being used for performance purposes.

for example, meldonium was on teh monitored list for a year, and they saw it was being abused so banned it..

it is MONITORED

tehy test for it, they store the results, they look at the results, they discuss if its being abused.. if they determine its being abused it may be added in the futgure

yes, thats a monitoring program/

a monitoring program is purely substances that wada monitor levels of to see if they are being abused

the "monitored list" is NOT the prohibited list.

Caffeine is NOT prohibited

you will notice nicotine is on the monitoring list

Do you really think cigarettes are prohibited?

The caption reads "in competition only".....

I don't know man....I think you could be incorrect....

what the fuck are you talking about

read my lips

what you posted was the "monitored" substances list

that is things that are MONITORED to see if they are being abused with a view to adding them to the prohibited list should it be determined they are being used for performance purposes.

for example, meldonium was on teh monitored list for a year, and they saw it was being abused so banned it..

it is MONITORED

tehy test for it, they store the results, they look at the results, they discuss if its being abused.. if they determine its being abused it may be added in the futgure
whats a futgure?

no it isnt. caffeine is not prohibited at all.
"Not prohibited at all" theres a level you can test at where they dont let you fight. Thats like saying "testosterone is not prohibited at all" cause it is prohibited above certain levels. Theres the chael sonnen quote of "2 cups in a 15 minute period" but i think he makes girly coffee, one cup of the shit i got will get you banned

"Not prohibited at all" theres a level you can test at where they dont let you fight. Thats like saying "testosterone is not prohibited at all" cause it is prohibited above certain levels. Theres the chael sonnen quote of "2 cups in a 15 minute period" but i think he makes girly coffee, one cup of the shit i got will get you banned

again, caffeine is not prohibited by WADA whatsoever.. it is not on the prohibited list with any threshold...

Sonnen is full of shit ;)

Great thread @King Pun**

I know NBA players drink a lot of Sprite. I think they credit that for giving them the energy they need to get through a game.

NFL players...hmmm...I know Mark Sanchez was pretty big into Pepsi Max.

Hockey players don’t really work that hard so they don’t need much Soda.

Can a fighter drink soda instead of water when they are cornered in between rounds?

I don't see how having a Pepsi could hurt especially when people feel more refreshed after drinking soda than water.
{<huh}

I think you've mistaken the word "refreshed" for "bloated".

The caption reads "in competition only".....

I don't know man....I think you could be incorrect....
thats not the prohibited list

It clearly says MONITORED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats the monitored list...

which is...

ACv5BAv.png

it says MONITORED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats the monitored list...

which is...

ACv5BAv.png

Yes. So in otherwords....If you have a certain level of caffeine in your system, you get suspended.....

Yes?

No matter what this seems confusing....I'm reading what I assume is an official USADA/WADA document that says "Prohibited in competition only"....Right under it it lists caffeine....

I would think anyone who reads it would immediately think caffeine is not allowed in competition.

Fuck me, im surrounded by idiots.

FROM THE UFC/USADA's OWN FUCKING DATABASE

QRzAc6v.png

NOT PROHIBITED

They tried to let NASCAR drivers drink Macchiatos during races. They kept spilling them and shit...
cec717ec-6a89-4e37-9717-c2c4be82bc0c_100_h_6.gif

Yes. So in otherwords....If you have a certain level of caffeine in your system, you get suspended.....

Yes?
NO

thats not what a monitored substance is.

MOnitored substances are purely things wada test for on occasion and record results to see if a certain substance is being abused.

if they discover a pattern of abuse then that substance could be added to the prohibited list in the future.

a ton of things are monitored, caffeine, nicotine, several painkillers and things such as codiene, tramadol..

none of those things are prohibited at any level, they are just things wada is keeping an eye on to see if they are being abused.

most notable one was meldonium which was on the monitor list for 2015. the data showed it was being widely abused so they added it to rthe prohibited list the following year.

Can a fighter drink soda instead of water when they are cornered in between rounds?

I don't see how having a Pepsi could hurt especially when people feel more refreshed after drinking soda than water.

Those people are fucking idiots, and are also not atheltes.

NO

thats not what a monitored substance is.

MOnitored substances are purely things wada test for on occasion and record results to see if a certain substance is being abused.

if they discover a pattern of abuse then that substance could be added to the prohibited list in the future.

a ton of things are monitored, caffeine, nicotine, several painkillers and things such as codiene, tramadol..

none of those things are prohibited at any level, they are just things wada is keeping an eye on to see if they are being abused.

most notable one was meldonium which was on the monitor list for 2015. the data showed it was being widely abused so they added it to rthe prohibited list the following year.

so that thing that says it's prohibited in competition only is total bullshit that is on their official 2018 form?

Surly you can understand how this is confusing?

And just so I understand you....You're saying you can have any amount of caffeine in your system and be fine?

Yes?

No matter what this seems confusing....I'm reading what I assume is an official USADA/WADA document that says "Prohibited in competition only"....Right under it it lists caffeine....

I would think anyone who reads it would immediately think caffeine is not allowed in competition.

"
The World Anti-Doping Code (Article 4.5) states: “WADA, in consultation with Signatories and governments, shall establish a monitoring program
regarding substances which are not on the Prohibited List, but which WADA wishes to monitor in order to detect patterns of misuse in sport.
https://www.wada-ama.org/en/resources/science-medicine/monitoring-program

so that thing that says it's prohibited in competition only is total bullshit that is on their official 2018 form?

Surly you can understand how this is confusing?

It says on teh screenshot "monitor list"

uiBgcOE.png

it doesnt help that idiots like Joe Rogan go round telling people cofffee is banned at the olympics

I’m totally on WADA’s watchlist for the amount of caffeine in my blood

Back