Can Any Fighter Challenge for the BMF Title?

You have to meet the BMF champion in their weight class just like Max did, so no Pereira / Aspinall aren't fighting for it any time soon. If you currently hold a title in your weight class you have better things to do than BMF title fights anyways lol.

The BMF Title is not division-tied, correct?

If so, can Alex Pereira/Aspinall challenge Max for it?

"Baddest mf-er' should be able to beat anyone, regardless of weight.
We need to see a unification fight between the BMF champion Max vs Super Hluk champion, Minowaman. This would be like Pride vs UFC all over again

Minowaman-Super-Hulk-belt.jpg

It's whatever the UFC wants it to be. Anyone saying that they know the rules is really just listing the common denominators between the 5 people who have fought for it, so far. Bet, that'll can all change if they need a BMF "title" fight to headline or round out an important card with a weak or non-existent main event.

Should be openweight. Max himself said "If I was born in a different time I’d be a gladiator, and the last time I checked, gladiators don’t walk around with a scale"

Should be openweight. Max himself said "If I was born in a different time I’d be a gladiator, and the last time I checked, gladiators don’t walk around with a scale"

Let's be real, Max fought a guy who competes 10 lbs heavier than him and the fans exaggerated the size disprarity like it was David vs Goliath lol. It's not like it was when BJ Penn went up in weight to fight Lyoto Machida.

Let's be real, Max fought a guy who competes 10 lbs heavier than him and the fans exaggerated the size disprarity like it was David vs Goliath lol. It's not like it was when BJ Penn went up in weight to fight Lyoto Machida.
But it should be.

It's all about having a high finishing rate, sticking around in the game for a long time, and being ready to take on anyone, anywhere—not many fighters can say that. I can totally see the UFC lining up a Holloway vs. McGregor rematch for the BMF title. Jiri Prochazka is definitely another BMF everyone can agree on. Down the road, a Jiri vs. Strickland fight at 185lbs could be cool, although Sean’s had a few so-so fights that might not really merit a BMF shot. Benoit Saint-Denis is another kill or be killed kind of fighter who could go for this belt in the future. Shoutouts to Charles Oliveira, Michael Chandler and Drew Dober. A Holloway vs. Chandler fight would be straight-up wild.

I think it would way cooler if it was always an exclusively catch weight title. 2 guys action fighters from different weight classes meeting in the middle. The way they did it with Max and Justin approached that and is partly what made it so “badass”. Another requisite would be to make it between veterans and not young guns in the title picture. Chuck Liddell-Wanderlei Silva, for example.

Last edited:
BMF (bad mofo) for 170 and below

BBMF (big bad mofo) 185 and above

Commissions and those pesky weight classes still apply.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
doubleEYEpoke
Back