Can Iz be a victim too?

Theres double standards all across the board in life and people get advantages while others dont. This is life. Always been that way always going to be that way.

I dont get what people hope to achieve by pointing this out. The sky is also blue and water is wet.
There's always going to be unfairness and injustice, sure, but that doesn't make pointing it out pointless.

That's not what "double standard" means.
a set of principles that applies differently and usually more rigorously to one group of people or circumstances than to another

#MeToo

I worked with females before. I had to do all the heavy lifting. Anytime there's any physical labor that needs to be done it's always me. The girls just sit around and watch me. If I disobey then I'm a sexist. Been bullied all my life by wimminz. I mean they can't even open their own water bottle. I wouldn't want them to defend me in anything let alone a war.

We do a semiannual career fair here on base, and I am in charge of setting it up w/ a Marine detail from the MCCESS (communications school, here on 29 palms). It's always students awaiting their class date, and there's always about 10-12 w/ at least one female every time.

I've done this six consecutive times, had a women every time, and what do you know.....

Not one table/chair moved. Not one sign taped. Not one tarp placed on the floor. Without fail, EVERY TIME, they either flirt w/ guys while others work or somehow take charge and tell others what to do so they don't have to do anything.....

And most people, like some of the white knights in this thread, are way too bitchmade to say anything. Not me, everyone has to earn keep.

And these are boot Marines too, the ones that tend to be more motivated and less questioning of tasks, etc.... Not like seasons vets that know how to sham/skate out of details

My dude Gunt going hard in the paint itt

Im not even sure why that has to be explained.

probably because youre dense

Every one of us on every given day has a coworker or multiple coworkers who are useless or slack and people including ourselves end up picking up said slack.

This is everyday working life.Not some great insufferable injustice. Picking up a fucking bag is actually a quicker fix than some of the daily fuckery people take up in their workplace.

speaking of carrying bags (and bags for deployment are likely a fully packed Ruck Sack, Assault Bag, Two Duffel Bags on top of carrying all armor/gear and weaponry) on deployment i remember the landing at Manas like it was yesterday. For those that don't know, we generally go through Kuwait on the way to Iraq (unless on a MEU or naval ship and then perhaps another route) and Manas, Kyrgyzstan (while we still had it, it's now back to the locals or Russia IIRC) on the way to Afghanistan.

I got there in Dec, 2010. We left Germany it was a tolerable like 29 degrees out, been snowing for a hot minute so we figured we'd be good. No. We weren't. We landed, got off the heated plane to -21 w/ staggering wind chill added. It was so cold you formed pissicles in the porta potties outside. So it's then up to the privates/lower enlisted to get all the bags out of storage and line them up so people can take them back to the massive 100+ man tents you stay at until you forward to Afghanistan. No joke your hands start getting brittle and frozen like five minutes in, but you have to keep looking to sort all the stuff together. I felt so bad for the guys on this, i even helped to get it done faster even though that was below my grade. 20 minutes in we all think we have frostbite, hate life, and haven't even gotten to the warzone yet wtf son haha

it was so cold the runways froze and we were stuck there for seven days. But every day we thought we were flying so you had to gather all your stuff, lug it done there, and wait just to get turned away and go back to do the same the next day, all in below zero temparatures (talking F for the non Americans, not C). IOW, you literally shouldn't have to help someone else do a basic task like be ready for a mass movement. Being in the right place, right time, right uniform and equipment is literally half the job haha
edit: i also remember that for that seven days i just sat in the ghetto computer lab and posted on Sherdog haha

a set of principles that applies differently and usually more rigorously to one group of people or circumstances than to another

Your definition is missing a key word. I'll be here when you figure out what the word is.

for those that are saying 'just help, what's the big deal?'

well you ever have someone ask for a cigarette, particularly a coworker? or a lighter, whatever? it's never a one time deal now, is it?

the whole point of the military is for everyone to be able to perform the basic functions adequately. Shoot, move, communicate etc....

If you literally can't carry your own bags, then why are you there? you don't help those people, you weed them out or separate them for failure to adapt or substandard performance

TS wasn't engaging in high speed, CQB training or anything. They were simply moving from one spot to another w/ gear......
that being said, if i'm ordered to help some can i'm helping that can just to avoid any issues haha

Worked in a warehouse for 3 years in ft hood and they would have females working in the storage section. Anytime they would have to carry something I'd overhear them say that they're going to get guys to lift it for them. Without trying. It was annoying because they would call me over to lift something that was 40 pounds. So I stopped helping them and told them that If I was alone, and had to get something heavy out of storage and couldn't do it on my own, then I'd be told to figure it out. And there was two of them and they should figure it out.

Even though I out ranked them, they weren't in my squad, and I wasn't an nco, so I got chewed out becsuse I was out of line.

That really gets my goat.

speaking of carrying bags (and bags for deployment are likely a fully packed Ruck Sack, Assault Bag, Two Duffel Bags on top of carrying all armor/gear and weaponry) on deployment i remember the landing at Manas like it was yesterday. For those that don't know, we generally go through Kuwait on the way to Iraq (unless on a MEU or naval ship and then perhaps another route) and Manas, Kyrgyzstan (while we still had it, it's now back to the locals or Russia IIRC) on the way to Afghanistan.

I got there in Dec, 2010. We left Germany it was a tolerable like 29 degrees out, been snowing for a hot minute so we figured we'd be good. No. We weren't. We landed, got off the heated plane to -21 w/ staggering wind chill added. It was so cold you formed pissicles in the porta potties outside. So it's then up to the privates/lower enlisted to get all the bags out of storage and line them up so people can take them back to the massive 100+ man tents you stay at until you forward to Afghanistan. No joke your hands start getting brittle and frozen like five minutes in, but you have to keep looking to sort all the stuff together. I felt so bad for the guys on this, i even helped to get it done faster even though that was below my grade. 20 minutes in we all think we have frostbite, hate life, and haven't even gotten to the warzone yet wtf son haha

it was so cold the runways froze and we were stuck there for seven days. But every day we thought we were flying so you had to gather all your stuff, lug it done there, and wait just to get turned away and go back to do the same the next day, all in below zero temparatures (talking F for the non Americans, not C). IOW, you literally shouldn't have to help someone else do a basic task like be ready for a mass movement. Being in the right place, right time, right uniform and equipment is literally half the job haha
edit: i also remember that for that seven days i just sat in the ghetto computer lab and posted on Sherdog haha
giphy (1).gif

for those that are saying 'just help, what's the big deal?'

well you ever have someone ask for a cigarette, particularly a coworker? or a lighter, whatever? it's never a one time deal now, is it?

the whole point of the military is for everyone to be able to perform the basic functions adequately. Shoot, move, communicate etc....

If you literally can't carry your own bags, then why are you there? you don't help those people, you weed them out or separate them for failure to adapt or substandard performance

TS wasn't engaging in high speed, CQB training or anything. They were simply moving from one spot to another w/ gear......
that being said, if i'm ordered to help some can i'm helping that can just to avoid any issues haha

I didnt say it was the best decision. just my decision. and I'd do it again. in a heartbeat. you have to understand, this was an ongoing pattern.

Worked in a warehouse for 3 years in ft hood and they would have females working in the storage section. Anytime they would have to carry something I'd overhear them say that they're going to get guys to lift it for them. Without trying. It was annoying because they would call me over to lift something that was 40 pounds. So I stopped helping them and told them that If I was alone, and had to get something heavy out of storage and couldn't do it on my own, then I'd be told to figure it out. And there was two of them and they should figure it out.

Even though I out ranked them, they weren't in my squad, and I wasn't an nco, so I got chewed out becsuse I was out of line.

This garbage was a significant part of my decision to get out. FT. hood was my last duty station.

Your definition is missing a key word. I'll be here when you figure out what the word is.
Actually, it's not my definition. I'll be here when you figure out where it came from.
<seedat>

Isn't it fun how you get mistreated once retention knows you want out?

oh shit man. thats another whole thread. especially when you turn down their last best offer. and you're like nah bruh im done. Dude, I was in ACAP. not sure what branch you were in but I was in fukn ACAP, you are untouchable in acap, I was made to do a PT test the day before completing acap.
was gonna fail it just cuz but i passed it, and put up big numbers. Why? cuz fuk you. thats why.

what branch?

Lol. Not gonna lie, I pretend I can’t lift heavy stuff so that men will do it for me. Works every time. Besides, I’m too cute to be getting sweaty lifting shit :hmph

This garbage was a significant part of my decision to get out. FT. hood was my last duty station.
i was in germany, in a decent location (not far from Landstuhl/Rammstein) but a psycho unit. We did two separate 34 mile ruck marches b/c the LTC pretty much thought it would look good on his OER. So of course there's buildup so 20, 24, 25 and 30 miles in between along w/ weekly 5-10s twice.....Mind you we were mechanized IN when i got there, but even when we switched to light/dismounted it was still ridiculous

We did a 34 miler on tues/wed, no PT thu, and then this cat calls for a BN 10 mile run on Fri when people's feet are done and blistered, bleeding still, knees/back destroyed etc...

No exaggeration not even 15% of the lower enlisted reenlisted after that, we called him the Morale Assassin. One shot, 300 kills and shit

Then i went to Fort Bliss, to a non deployable unit, and spent 4 of my 6 months there in the field at White Sands.....good times haha

oh shit man. thats another whole thread. especially when you turn down their last best offer. and you're like nah bruh im done. Dude, I was in ACAP. not sure what branch you were in but I was in fukn ACAP, you are untouchable in acap, I was made to do a PT test the day before completing acap.
was gonna fail it just cuz but i passed it, and put up big numbers. Why? cuz fuk you. thats why.

what branch?
I'm a TRS/ACAP instructor on a Marine base. And yes the DD form for TRS specifically mentions that no duty is to be done in the days prior or after the class hahaha. They got you

let me know if you, or anyone else for that matter, need anything regarding Veterans benefits, etc...

Back