Can Iz be a victim too?

jasonrest29

Desparate for acceptance.
@Yellow
Reaction score
Let us sulk together!

A couple years back before I got out of the army, we deployed and anyone who's been in knows; You pack it, you carry it. Anyways, we touched down in Kuwait a fellow "soldier" of the female persuasion dropped her bags on our way. Everyone including me and other females passed her by, being too busy with our own bags. **spoiler alert** they're heavy AF. Unfortunately, for me I was the closest to her or just on someone's sh#t list and was told to help her.

I refused.

I was scolded on the spot and told to carry my bags and then return to get hers. This was toward the end of my army career so, I wasn't as reactive to the theatrics. I refused. was redirected to the commander's office. again I refused and explained the obvious.... that if I had dropped my bags, I wouldn't expect anyone to help me etc. also, if she can't carry bags then how could she be expected to carry me or any other wounded etc. just a ton of etc. I was met with...."but she's a female".

Ultimately, I got smoked on the blacktop for about a good 30 minutes. and I was put on extra duty for the rest of the month... that means I worked from 600 am to 1100pm every day of the week, for about 3 weeks. (including Saturday and Sunday)

I have a whole treasure chest full of awesome examples of sexual discrimination in the army and otherwise. I know how things are presented but you'd be surprised how things really work. I envied the infantry because they didn't have to deal. But I guess that's soon changing but that mandatory selective service for females will drag on another 20 years I bet.

What's your story?

I was never in the army. I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express 3 years ago.

Can Iz be a victim too?

Let me guess...she was Black.

why not just do it to help your fellow " soldier: out even if its not expected?

Would have saved having a month of having to work practically all day and night

So your story boils down to you being a dick and disobeying orders?

Cool story brah

why not just do it to help your fellow " soldier: out even if its not expected?

Would have saved having a month of having to work practically all day and night

Why not just carry your own crap?

So you'll lay down your life for my freedom but won't lift a finger for chivalry or teamwork. Got it

if there's one thing i know about the military, it's that you're required to follow orders.
you didn't.
lesson learned?

sure, she can carry her own bags. but you're in the military with superiors, and your job is to follow orders, not think.

if there's one thing i know about the military, it's that you're required to follow orders.
you didn't.
lesson learned?

sure, she can carry her own bags. but you're in the military with superiors, and your job is to follow orders, not think.

you're trying really hard but, you're missing the point entirely
I refused and knew the consequences. 10 years in, I am well aware of how the army works and sometimes orders given aren't the right ones. The point was the preferential treatment for females in the military which is rampant but if I have to explain the point, it ruins it.

You ruined it. :(

Both sides make compelling arguments. I do not feel strongly about this.

you're trying really hard but, you're missing the point entirely
I refused and knew the consequences. 10 years in, I am well aware of how the army works and sometimes orders given aren't the right ones. The point was the preferential treatment for females in the military which is rampant but if I have to explain the point, it ruins it.

You ruined it. :(

That's what i do, i ruin things.
<DCrying>

I've literally never seen a female do one task in the military

And I was in the Army for five years, work as a civilian now on a marine base for 5+ and grew up on Marine bases my entire childhood

LITERALLY NOT ONE TASK......not sweeping the motor pool, gauging a fuel tank, etc...

Being a women in the US military is the easiest job in existence. You get paid to breathe
In fact the funniest thing I've ever personally witnessed was female Soldiers attempting to march peers or clear a room using opposite wall technique in WLC/Cpls Course.

prior service?

No. Military didn't want me due to a skin condition i had when i was younger (eczema). I suppose it was for the best, who knows where i'd be now if i had been able to join.

No. Military didn't want me due to a skin condition i had when i was younger (eczema). I suppose it was for the best, who knows where i'd be now if i had been able to join.

so where do you get all this passion about following orders?

Back