Can max beat volk now and become the fw GOAT?

ArtardFiesta

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Volk has three wins but he now is coming off 2 knock out losses in a row. He looked really slow and off in his last fight.
Max vs JG was probably the best max we have ever seen and he is only 31.

I think if max reclaims the belt, he beats volks this time. Reclaiming the belt, beating volk, bmf..... that argument puts him as the FW GOAT imo.

Would be as meaningful as Tito finally beating Grandpa Chuck or Bisping going life and death with Hendo coming out of his retirement home.

images

hi-res-8006afcfe5fcd2dc89c6b161bb69d2dd_crop_north.jpg

We know what happened when they were in their primes..

D8C0C949-1422-0E8C-9AEB38D79529891B.jpg

Dan-Henderson-Michael-Bisping-115.jpg

1406454138.0.jpg

Last edited:
Fights outside of a weight class have nothing to do with being the goat of a weight class. We went through this with Penn too.

1714236674368.gif

My number 1 criteria for divisional GOAT consideration is consecutive legit title defences. It is impossibru for Alex to even equal Aldo’s consecutive defence streak.

Aldo has 9. Alex has zero.

It’s OVER for..

Alex
Usman
Izzy

They can never break those streaks.

Edit.

Added some comments.

Last edited:
Max would have to not only beat Topuria and Volk but rack up some title defenses as well.

i think Max can beat Volk now, but i don't think it means anything. i think Volkanovski is not the same fighter he was when they fought the first 3 times. it's like Larry Holmes beating Muhammad Ali, it doesn't mean shit because Ali was washed already.

Volk has three wins but he now is coming off 2 knock out losses in a row. He looked really slow and off in his last fight.
Max vs JG was probably the best max we have ever seen and he is only 31.

I think if max reclaims the belt, he beats volks this time. Reclaiming the belt, beating volk, bmf..... that argument puts him as the FW GOAT imo.
for some yes, for some no. its hard to rewrite three losses to volk when you beat him on the decline.

Back