Do you think max holloway can beat volk now?

ArtardFiesta

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Volk seems to be chiny now. He has also passed the age of 35.

I think if they fight again max would be the favorite and I see him getting the win.

Is the 4th time the charm for max like it was for izzy?

The shot that knocked him out would have knocked out anyone. It is far too early to declare him finished or chinny. Topuria has real stopping power. Holloway does not.
max would have eaten that shot.

Maybe, you don't see many all time greats return in good form after brutal KO loses like Volk just had.

There is a good chance that Volk is done at the top of the division.

Every legend faces a turning point when they begin to fall off, they start going the way of Penn, Silva, Chuck, Edgar etc.

Or have the foresight to retire early like GSP and Khabib.

Is it just me, or does Max sound terrible, like slurring and struggling to put sentences together? He's starting to sound like Diaz, and that's before even fighting Gaethje, so who's to say Volk isn't the one who would finish him this time. That 3rd fight was a slaughter, and save for the chin, Volk looked pretty much the same as usual against Ilia, in terms of speed and movement

Wouldn’t matter anyway. Max had 3 bites of the cherry when both fighters were flying. Its just a style that Max can’t beat and it’s okay it doesn’t diminish him as a fighter - if Max had the style to beat a strategist like Volk maybe we wouldn’t have seen some of the beatings Max has dished out. You can’t have it both ways

If they rematch 10 times and Max finally wins would that make everyone happy? That matchup should be buried. It means nothing if you win 1 time out of 4 or more fights.

Could very well happen. We've seen in combat sports where fighters win after a few losses cause they know the guy well at that point. Izzy/Perreira, Wand/Rampage, Pacquiao/Marquez is a very good example. And it's not like Max performed bad vs Volk. First fight was 48-47, second fight was a split decision, the third fight was the only one Volk dominated 50-45. But Volk does have 2 KO losses in a row and perhaps has declined while Max stayed the same.

Could very well happen. We've seen in combat sports where fighters win after a few losses cause they know the guy well at that point. Izzy/Perreira, Wand/Rampage, Pacquiao/Marquez is a very good example. And it's not like Max performed bad vs Volk. First fight was 48-47, second fight was a split decision, the third fight was the only one Volk dominated 50-45. But Volk does have 2 KO losses in a row and perhaps has declined while Max stayed the same.
To be fair, Wandy was a different fighter at that time then during his previous fights with Page. He was axe murdering everyone back then. Rage had lasted longer physically and had not taken the KOs Wandy had.

Let’s talk after the Gaethje fight. Both coming off getting their brain rattled, I guess I’d still pick Volk.

Am i the only one not forgetting that Max dropped Volk twice?..in the 2nd fight

End of R1 and R2...both were close rounds up to that point.

Very possibly. Max really struggled with Volk's speed and Volk has definitely lost a step or two at 35. The big difference maker in their fights was that Volk was the significantly faster of the two.

I don't know if Max is better at anything than Ilia other than maybe cardio

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonSable
Back