Can shoulder roll and crouching be modified to Kickboxing rules?

The few times I've had to spar Muay Thai or Kickboxing rules I've not altered from boxing other than to elude leg kicks. I also rarely kicked instead preferring to rely on my boxing.
I've only ever had a bloody nose once... and it was from one of the Thai sparring sessions, where I caught a kick aimed at my core and instead was greeted by a big right straight to my nose. Gave me a respect for Thai fighters and kick boxers awareness levels compared to just avoiding punches.
i still rely mostly the on the punches in kickboxing, but i duck and shoulder roll less and stand more upright.

Didn't work for me. By doing thus my guard is suddenly different and I got shell shocked. Difficulties adjusting. The Bas Rutten guard works best for me and that means up right stance

I also felt like dear in head light,, not having sparred much for a couple of months. Asleep at the switch.

You are not experienced enough in sparring yet. You need time to get the basics to work in heated sparring.

Then you may start to try more fancy stuff.

You are not experienced enough in sparring yet. You need time to get the basics to work in heated sparring.

Then you may start to try more fancy stuff.

Oh I didn't know 4 years of sparring wasnt enough

Some people need more time then others.

You should not be so hard on yourself. You will get there.

A little less ego, forum time, and Technical humble sparring. You will get there.

You should not be so hard on yourself. You will get there.

A little less ego, forum time, and Technical humble sparring. You will get there.

I was being sarcastic. I have sparred those guys half a dozen times.

Back