Can someone explain why all the hate for Roxanne?

Muay Thai #1

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I keep reading posts like, "The title will mean nothing if Roxy wins it." and stuff like that. People talk like she is an awful fighter even though she has big name wins on her record. I'm not sure if a lot of people knew her before her first TUF stint but she was one of the best WMMA fighters in the world. I really don't get the hate for her.

#1 reason, probably because she moves and looks goofy as hell. She's improved tremendously with her striking and she's a legit BJJ Brown, so that certainly takes legit skills. But she's still goofy looking and moves like Goofy still. Why the fuck does this matter if she's starches other bitches out? Well it doesn't, but most Sherdoggies are dudes and looks will matter. I'm not going to lie, I like the prettier chicks too. Although someone like Cybro is an exception as she's a straightup killer who may kill someone in the ring, and that's always exciting.

Brings up #2, which is a lot of insecure dudes can't deal with the fact that there are women who can beat their ass in real life....if they're hot, then that can give them a pass (b/c there's a chance that they can rub their face against the hot chick's boobs before they get knocked the fuck out)...but if they're tough women that can fight and also are physically scary looking, like Cybro, then no..... dudes who can't fight, can't live with this, and they certainly don't watch MMA to aspire to be like a tough girl...that's also why there's so much hate for Mighty Mouse too...not many aspire to be like a tough small guy....and this extends to goofy chicks too, because they usually get bullied for it, but now that they can fight back...then that won't be tolerated in male fantasies. That's why Cyborg never seems to get a break from her PED usage vs. male fighters that were caught....and Holly Holm has a smoking body + sweet ass.

I personally think that Roxanne is an exceptionally nice person and a good fighter. The goofy movements is still a turnoff. Like Miesha Tate, who moves like Frankenstein Monster, strikes like shit....but she's very hot for a female fighter. I like her much more than Roxanne....and there's no fucking other explanation other than it's her sex appeal. And why else would she get a boob job, especially being a fighter.....I bet those things can pop and cause serious internal complications. Yea it sucks, but that's just real life.

Last edited:
A geek girl with gawky movement is not what most of this lot dream of at night. ;)

The title wouldn't have meant a massive amount whoever won it.

Barb had the only name that would have impressed anyone. But she was coming off a long lay off and well... she's getting on a bit.
The doubts about making this for a full UFC belt were everywhere. The belt won't be validated until someone like Valentina has had a crack at it.
If the TUF champ beats a top UFC fighter, then she'll be legit.

Sarj blew her chance. She'll have to beat some names before she gets another shot.

She is not a high level MMA fighter, she's a terrible athlete and far from the best 125er in the world. It's a joke that she's fighting for a UFC belt, she couldn't even win the Invicta belt.

Montano should beat her, she's too athletic. Montano has a 3-2 pro record but I find the idea of her being champion far less cringe worthy.

SMH had UFC for even doing this stupid season, most of the fighters in the tournament are bums.

I keep reading posts like, "The title will mean nothing if Roxy wins it." and stuff like that. People talk like she is an awful fighter even though she has big name wins on her record. I'm not sure if a lot of people knew her before her first TUF stint but she was one of the best WMMA fighters in the world. I really don't get the hate for her.
People remember her first stint in the UFC and getting slam KOed, and not much else. Same happened with a lot of fighters who came over right when the UFC brought in WMMA. Kedzie had a bad run and retired, so did Baszler. Both look like crap if you only know about their UFC fights. Roxy has been at this for a long time, getting shit pay, and kept at it. Got into a good camp at Syndicate around when she got on TUF the first time, started paying off a lot once she got back into Invicta and was fighting at 125 instead of 135.

She isn't the most graceful, or hottest though, so Sherdog will hate away.

She is not a high level MMA fighter, she's a terrible athlete and far from the best 125er in the world. It's a joke that she's fighting for a UFC belt, she couldn't even win the Invicta belt.

Montano should beat her, she's too athletic. Montano has a 3-2 pro record but I find the idea of her being champion far less cringe worthy.

SMH had UFC for even doing this stupid season, most of the fighters in the tournament are bums.
Yeah, and honestly, I liked this season more than most of the recent ones, but I can't figure out why so many "prospects" and not legit fighters were picked. I mean, the possibility of a 2-2 fighter being the world champ is insane.

Yes, I found it weird that most of the fighters had an average record and the champion will be someone with a modest record.

And why does it matter? It's fighting, not modeling.

How many fights are there every month? How many do you watch? Do you also watch the NFL, EPL, NBA, F1 etc, etc

If we can't watch every fight how we decide which fights to watch? KO artists? Submission artists? People from my nation? People of my ethnicity? Hot chicks?

People may be politically correct and not want to admit it, but hot chicks sell. Don't think that the UFC hasn't noticed.

She lost to Sarj on the show and only got the title shot because Sarj couldn't make weight. Then, there's her past - subpar record with a 6-fight losing streak, and how bad she looked on the previous TUF (TKO'd by a 1-3 fighter), and her present as has been pointed out - she's kind of awkward in the Octagon. Every fighter has their share of haters, so why is it any surprise that she does? Personally, I don't see a reason to hate her at all, but I was rooting for Nicco to win. Pulling for the underdog + Roxy already lost.

Saw a few fights of her in the recent rug, looked good. But the MMA fan ase isn' into her gimmck.

That lame "anime neerd' thing is lame and just like need of attention, Angela hill does the same thing.

They are simply not good looking enough to get away with stupid things like that. The fact that roxxane is a legit 125 wmma fighter doesn't change the fact that her gimmick Is lame. She seems like a nice person though

Saw a few fights of her in the recent rug, looked good. But the MMA fan ase isn' into her gimmck.

That lame "anime neerd' thing is lame and just like need of attention, Angela hill does the same thing.

They are simply not good looking enough to get away with stupid things like that. The fact that roxxane is a legit 125 wmma fighter doesn't change the fact that her gimmick Is lame. She seems like a nice person though
Gimmick? What if that just part of her personality? Hate WWE types, everything's a gimmick.

#1 reason, probably because she moves and looks goofy as hell. She's improved tremendously with her striking and she's a legit BJJ Brown, so that certainly takes legit skills. But she's still goofy looking and moves like Goofy still. Why the fuck does this matter if she's starches other bitches out? Well it doesn't, but most Sherdoggies are dudes and looks will matter. I'm not going to lie, I like the prettier chicks too. Although someone like Cybro is an exception as she's a straightup killer who may kill someone in the ring, and that's always exciting.

Brings up #2, which is a lot of insecure dudes can't deal with the fact that there are women who can beat their ass in real life....if they're hot, then that can give them a pass (b/c there's a chance that they can rub their face against the hot chick's boobs before they get knocked the fuck out)...but if they're tough women that can fight and also are physically scary looking, like Cybro, then no..... dudes who can't fight, can't live with this, and they certainly don't watch MMA to aspire to be like a tough girl...that's also why there's so much hate for Mighty Mouse too...not many aspire to be like a tough small guy....and this extends to goofy chicks too, because they usually get bullied for it, but now that they can fight back...then that won't be tolerated in male fantasies. That's why Cyborg never seems to get a break from her PED usage vs. male fighters that were caught....and Holly Holm has a smoking body + sweet ass.

I personally think that Roxanne is an exceptionally nice person and a good fighter. The goofy movements is still a turnoff. Like Miesha Tate, who moves like Frankenstein Monster, strikes like shit....but she's very hot for a female fighter. I like her much more than Roxanne....and there's no fucking other explanation other than it's her sex appeal. And why else would she get a boob job, especially being a fighter.....I bet those things can pop and cause serious internal complications. Yea it sucks, but that's just real life.

<WellThere>

I won't read it but this seems to be like a solid explanation.

Well done Sir. <LynchWink>

Gimmick? She lived in japan for years its not a gimmick

I don't hate her. I think she can beat a lot of the lower tier fighters pretty easily. She improved a ton from the first time she was on. She didn't have the strength for 135.

She lacks athleticism and strength even for the 125 division. Her skills look good.

If anyone could improve their situation with PEDs, it would be her. I would be disappointed if she did go that route. She looks close to maxing out what her natural talents. I give her credit for that.

But she did better than I expected in the finale.

Back