Can Sonnen wrestlef*ck Fedor for 3 rounds?

Rashad-Evans-vs-Chael-Sonnen-GIf.gif

My prediction is Shael will try to swim away again.
Look at Chaels legs. What a fucking chicken.

Fedor Will knock this chicken easily

Sonnen/Andy I... until Fedor decides he's done playing and submits him with ease.

Sonnen has legit grappling... but to avoid a submission he would have to go blanket mode... Hoping for another knockout by the GOAT. :eek:

Fedor in his prime? Never. Never. Not even 1 in a million chance. Simply never.

Today's Fedor? Probably still not. But I wouldn't be surprised. Let's not ignore the fact that Chael will have a good deal of "help"

I highly highly doubt it. Fedor is a excellent grappler in his own right, a better grappler than Chael is and he's the bigger man here. Fedor has always done well of his back with subs and reversals, he's very active off his back. I don't see any scenario where Chael wins this fight. I see Fedor winning by TKO/sub. Also, Chael is not a finisher while Fedor is among the best finishers at HW, having three rounds to finish a guy one weight class smaller seems very likely here.

Many are looking at Fedor being old and beyond his prime and this being a factor, lets not forget that Chael himself is 41 and has been fighting longer and he's been just as in active.

Last edited:
People always wondered what would happen if Fedor fought a modern day wrestler, I guess we are about to find out. I think Chael can get him down but I think he'll get arm barred at some point.

Fedor-Coleman-Armbar.gif

I dunno sonnen is pretty strong and has legit grappling, I know rampage is just fighting for checks but chael made it look easy..
I live about 20 mins from West Linn so usually I’m biased towards Chael but his submission defense is absolute shit. Chael would wrestlefuck himself right into an armabar.

I don't doubt that Chael could take Fedor down and control from top position for a bit...but I *highly* doubt he can do it over the course of an entire fight.

It's possible. Judo is pretty good for reversing takedowns though. Also Feds has good subs off his back and Chael isn't known for the sub D.

I mean, Fedor has reversed Nog and Randleman off his back and Nog had knee on belly.
All right except knee on belly position is not a safe position

i think he can. but its also very possible he gets knocked out or submitted. chael is a very very good MMA wrestler and fedor dosent have that great of TDD. its an intresting matchup. espically because of how close they are to eachother in size. but skill wise they are so different. they both have unique skills that the other dosent so... i think this will end up being pretty close. if fedor is smart he will put in alot of mat time and practice fighting off his back and getting back to his feet. chael is pretty relentless with the takedown when he needs to be. and he stays busy enough to not get stood up should he get the takedown.

his run is tainted because it was in an organization that fixed fights. that's not an opinion, Pride fixed fights.
so does that also mean that every fighter that fought in the UFC's wins are "tainted"? because there have been fixed fights in the UFC....
and thats not opinion thats a fact.
do your homework kid

I dunno sonnen is pretty strong and has legit grappling, I know rampage is just fighting for checks but chael made it look easy..
Rampage hasn’t had a ground game since he powerbombed Arona

I don't want to see either lose haha. I like both guys haha. If it stays standing sonnen could outpoint him for a little bit but I think Fedor catches him and puts him away. I think sonnen is gonna have to take him down which he definitely can but will but Fedor could catch him in a sub? Over three rounds it will be hard to catch him in a sub though maybe? This is a tough fight to call lol

Who would’ve thought five years ago that we would be seeing sonnen vs fedor. Pretty cool. Fedor via punches in bunches.

I sure as fuck hope so... Chael P with a win over Fedor would be incredible.

Back