Can you order UFC PPVs without ESPN+ anymore?

HockeyBjj

Putting on the foil
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Friend wants to actually buy the ppv this go round. From the UFC website it looks like you HAVE to have ESPN + to be able to get the PPV? Am I missing how you could get it without paying 85 to also have the ESPN+ annual plan added?

What country are you in? Here in Canada I can order the PPV through my cable provider (which is how I've always done it).

Third world problems.

I don't think so. Even Fight pass is saying

"Order on ESPN Plus"

Pretty sure that's how it works, at least in the US. Definitely is #1 bullshit having to pay for a subscription just to get access to a ppv. But I guess the ufc is more interested in turning the screws on their existing fanbase than actually making their product more accessible.

You need ESPN+ to get the PPVs (in USA)

If your friend has never signed up I'm sure they have a free trial. Otherwise just buy a month of ESPN + instead of 12 months.

But I guess the ufc is more interested in turning the screws on their existing fanbase than actually making their product more accessible.

ESPN owns the rights, it's not up to the UFC to decide how ESPN wants to offer the broadcast.

Friend wants to actually buy the ppv this go round. From the UFC website it looks like you HAVE to have ESPN + to be able to get the PPV? Am I missing how you could get it without paying 85 to also have the ESPN+ annual plan added?

Sign up for ESPN+ now on a monthly basis ($4.99, I think), and then order the PPV on Saturday.

But honestly, for the best value, it's worth it to just to the $84.99 deal for the 1 PPV and the year of ESPN+, not to mention if you have Hulu or Disney+, you can do the combo yearly for like $13.99 for the three streaming services.

PPVs aren't cheap, but it's definitely more consumer friendly to find some way to combo up with other streaming services to get the best value.

The past few ESPN UFC shows I had to attempt multiple times to get the live video to actually work. Never worked on first try.

I'll have to ask @BFoe , he buys all the PPV's for me, he is very rich

Sign up for ESPN+ now on a monthly basis ($4.99, I think), and then order the PPV on Saturday.

But honestly, for the best value, it's worth it to just to the $84.99 deal for the 1 PPV and the year of ESPN+, not to mention if you have Hulu or Disney+, you can do the combo yearly for like $13.99 for the three streaming services.

PPVs aren't cheap, but it's definitely more consumer friendly to find some way to combo up with other streaming services to get the best value.

And for $4.99 you get all the free fights televised, along with the UFC library...I think it's a fair deal, but I'm not poor.

Back