Can you order UFC PPVs without ESPN+ anymore?

Ok.. Not seeing that option on Fight Pass here..

I can’t help you. Sorry bro. It’s always been that way here on the prairies, with my provider. Maybe like that other Cdn said. Apparently he goes through his provider??

Try ordering through ufc.com. See what it tells you.

The past few ESPN UFC shows I had to attempt multiple times to get the live video to actually work. Never worked on first try.
Wonder what I'm doing different. I see lots of posts like this, but I've never had an issue.

And yes TS, In the USA you must order through ESPN+. Before COVID it was a no brainer for any MMA fan because many events were ESPN+ only (not to mention the non-UFC benefits). But since May most everything have been on ESPN, so it's a bit less of a no brainer. I suppose if I was a casual I'd be pretty annoyed at having to get ESPN+.

And for $4.99 you get all the free fights televised, along with the UFC library...I think it's a fair deal, but I'm not poor.

Free fights?
ESPN is on cable. That still costs some cashish.
I'm a cord cutter, so ESPN+ is my only access to UFC fights. I think by now they've started to put all prelims on ESPN+ and even the ESPN cards are usually on ESPN+ at this point to.
So if you're no longer into traditional cable (I'm a cord cutter), it's a pretty go deal to have all UFC fights, and way better than DAZN.

I can’t help you. Sorry bro. It’s always been that way here on the prairies, with my provider. Maybe like that other Cdn said. Apparently he goes through his provider??

Try ordering through ufc.com. See what it tells you.

No I have ESPN Plus.. I was just speaking in general..

Lmao it feels like people have to be rich to buy the PPVs these days. I don’t know of any way to buy one without ESPN+. Which is is unfortunate, because their app is awful.
download.jpg

I haven't brought one in ages due too being poor + not being enthralled with the lineup. I remember when I brought UFC 40 which was $24.95 and stacked and a epic event. The prices are a joke now, $65 and even more for HD. Can't justify it.

No I have ESPN Plus.. I was just speaking in general..

tenor.gif

Friend wants to actually buy the ppv this go round. From the UFC website it looks like you HAVE to have ESPN + to be able to get the PPV? Am I missing how you could get it without paying 85 to also have the ESPN+ annual plan added?
I like crack

It’s called a pay wall. You have to pay to pay. Pretty ridiculous

Youd have to be dumb as shit to pay for PPV if you also have to pay for a subscription. Mainly because none of that extra profit is going to the fighters.

I'm actually sick and tired of hearing about how fighters and mistreated while the company is making bank. And even worst is the people who say that MMA is successful because of the UFC marketing machine. That is complete bullshit because the UFC has missed so many good marketing opportunities. They were just at the right place at the right time, MMA was about to take off regardless.

So is Canada the only country left where we can order PPV through the cable services?

That's pretty funny because its the best way to watch them. HD quality, recording on my PVR which means I can do all kinds of fun stuff (like replay finishes in slow mo).

It's not dependant on the internet signal and I've never had an event drop on cable.

First we couldn't even see the prelims unless we were at the venue watching live

Then they put them on Facebook for free

Then they moved them to fightpass and everyone was pissed

Then they moved them to ESPN+ and everyone was pissed

I know nothing beats free but for those of us who remember simply not being able to watch half the fights (oh and there was only like 10 fight cards per year) we have a little perspective...

I consider it a pleasure to pay a few hundred bucks a year to support my favorite sport, the fighters, and to have full access to watch all the fights on my schedule, since I often have to watch the next day or some other time.

I would rather pay whatever it is 600 a year to have all the PPVs and subscriptions than go back to just not getting to see the fights and maybe getting 50 fights a year. There were dark ages, and these are not they!

Sign up for ESPN+ now on a monthly basis ($4.99, I think), and then order the PPV on Saturday.

But honestly, for the best value, it's worth it to just to the $84.99 deal for the 1 PPV and the year of ESPN+, not to mention if you have Hulu or Disney+, you can do the combo yearly for like $13.99 for the three streaming services.

PPVs aren't cheap, but it's definitely more consumer friendly to find some way to combo up with other streaming services to get the best value.
Hi Dana white?

First we couldn't even see the prelims unless we were at the venue watching live

I know nothing beats free but for those of us who remember simply not being able to watch half the fights (oh and there was only like 10 fight cards per year) we have a little perspective...

I consider it a pleasure to pay a few hundred bucks a year to support my favorite sport, the fighters, and to have full access to watch all the fights on my schedule, since I often have to watch the next day or some other time.

I would rather pay whatever it is 600 a year to have all the PPVs and subscriptions than go back to just not getting to see the fights and maybe getting 50 fights a year. There were dark ages, and these are not they!

Prelims are still free in Canada on TSN :)

Dude back n the day we used to have to get on here to see even like Forrest griffin wins, Melvin, couldn’t see the fight. Just could read the results and hope someone recorded it in the stands but that was even rare then. I remember those days fondly.

Back