can you survive without the internet?

I'd be able to make it easily. I may prefer it honestly.

i was being sarcastic. of course the isp's are going to fleece the regular person and cut huge deals with netflix, amazon, etc.

Well, it kind of made sense.
And you’re right that they’re going to offer different packages like tv providers do. There is no way that is not happening. It’s called type 2 price discrimination. It’s a way for them to split the demand curve into two or more pieces and maximize profits.

Last edited:
I, for one, welcome an internet-free world!
kent_brockman___the_simpsons_by_domejohnny-db07t4o.png

My money depends on it, so i could, but would much rather not.

I hope youtube will be alright. I've learned a lot from watching some of their videos.

Well, it kind of made sense.
And you’re right that they’re going to offer different packages like tv providers do. There is no way that is not happening. It’s called type 2 price discrimination. It’s a way for them to split the demand curve into two or more pieces and maximize profits.
well that is how they pitched it as a positive. and if we were able to assume the isp's were benevolent entities, i'd be 100% on board. but we can't assume that because they aren't.

I use the internet to make my cash so, I'd much prefer a world with internet. Plus it's good for a lot of things, learning new information, connecting with people who you otherwise couldn't, playing certain video games, access to music you may not be able to hear otherwise and it's so easy to find music similar to what you like, I use it to watch my fav shitty cartoons from 87 years ago lol that still haven't hit DVD, and when I get seriously stuck on a game level I can quickly YouTube it. Yes I cheat, but only sometimes :p Can find lots of artists easily, and they can get their name out better online, plus animal rescues that depend on donations from online followers, etc.

Honestly, the internet does a lot of good. I'd prefer keeping it over getting rid of it. I don't get people that say it's ruining life. Either you can't manage your time properly or you hang around the wrong type of people. Internet has never caused me any problems tbh.

The internet would be a giant loss to the .1% who use it to actually learn things.

I could definitely survive without USING the Internet. But we would all be fucked for a few years if the internet suddenly went away.

Your jobs for example. I can guarantee you that your payroll department is using a web based solution to process their payroll.

well that is how they pitched it as a positive. and if we were able to assume the isp's were benevolent entities, i'd be 100% on board. but we can't assume that because they aren't.

It isn’t a positive for the customers. Price discrimination works by eliminatin much of the consumer surplus and converting that into producer surplus. But people are retarded so they probably believe it.

It isn’t a positive for the customers. Price discrimination works by eliminatin much of the consumer surplus and converting that into producer surplus. But people are retarded so they probably believe it.
they pitched it as a la carte servicing, pay for what you use, save on what you don't. something people have been asking cable providers for forever.

they pitched it as a la carte servicing, pay for what you use, save on what you don't. something people have been asking cable providers for forever.

It sounds good. But it isn’t. While some people may be asking for it, it will leave more people worse off.

It sounds good. But it isn’t. While some people may be asking for it, it will leave more people worse off.
i'm not sure who you are trying to convince...i told you my initial post was a sarcastic reference to mythical positives they say will come from this. i am against the repeal of net neutrality and fully understand the negative consequences of price discrimination. you are preaching to the choir, the orchestra, and the glee club.

i'm not sure who you are trying to convince...i told you my initial post was a sarcastic reference to mythical positives they say will come from this. i am against the repeal of net neutrality and fully understand the negative consequences of price discrimination. you are preaching to the choir, the orchestra, and the glee club.

I’m not trying to convince anyone. I’m just trying to explain how it works without having to draw graphs.

Surviving without the internet?, It would mean, VHS video cassettes, natty tits and big hairy pussies......I think I'd be okay.

<mma4>

would be a bit weird at first but then will get used to it. just the way it was when i was a kid.

Back