Canelo says Ryan Garcia is “wasting his talent”

A little shitty to throw his lil bro under the bus in the media like that though. Right wrong or indifferent.
I guess that could mean that things are worse on the inside than people see on the outside

Would Ryan still be popular on social media if he wasn't a boxer? I don't really know much about that world.
I don't know why either. I think it's tiktok or some shit but Idk for sure. I'm just trying to find a way for my joke to work. Something like "Holding his phone at all those angles must really be fucking his wrist up" ....you know it's a work in progress.

Interviewer: I do want to ask you specifically about Ryan Garcia, who just had wrist surgery. Where do you see Ryan going forward because he’s one of the brightest young stars in boxing?
Canelo’s response: Look, Ryan has a lot of talent. But to me in my eyes, he’s wasting a lot of time and wasting his talent. I look at him and don’t see him 100 percent dedicated and, to us, that’s a bad signal. We always remind him as a team to come to the gym, to train, and to learn because you need to be in the gym. You’re learning day-by-day, at the very minimum fighting five times a year. When I was beginning my career, I did 15 fights in one year. That’s where I was at the beginning of my career. So definitely he needs to be a little more dedicated. https://www.complex.com/sports/canelo-alvarez-interview/

Maybe, in Canelo's eyes, Ryan Garcia isn't dipping into the PED's enough.

You have to be cruel to be kind sometimes

Sure, or you can be kind to be kind. If you want to correct behaviour, you usually opt for carefully-designed "cruelty," which isn't cruelty at all (which is characterized as having a willful disregard for the well-being of another), but more like carefully-designed pain.

Canelo not wrong in slightest. Garcia built like a million dollar prospect with his build and context to his weight. He is super skilled and it's getting flushed by a lack of hunger

Garcia probably has too much money and pussy at this point. He has probably lost the eye of the tiger.
If he continues getting too much pussy he wont have that much money soon, the guy is like 23yo and has two kids already.

Pretty much.
In the words of khabib a top fighter’s daily life is like a prison.
Garcia was making more money outside boxing for a year now. The only reason he still does it is cause it’s his hobby since childhood. But it’s not his main source of income.
How is he making money outside of boxing?

Canelos the best fighter in the world.
If he says that, than Ryan Garcia should take note.

Ryan arcia got the looks, pussys and he makes good money so it's hard to stay hungry.

Canelo obv got the looks, makes 20-30 million dollars via investments, will reach billionair status by the end of his boxing career, already got a ATG resume and he's still hungry... That shit deserves some respect. 99,9999999999999999999999 of your fav fighters would never fight again.

Can you name me at least 1 fighter like Canelo who's still hungry and wants to fight the best of the best? The only guy I can think of right now is Anothny Joshua. Floyd Maywewther is retired, so he doesn't count.

Ryan arcia got the looks, pussys and he makes good money so it's hard to stay hungry.

Canelo obv got the looks, makes 20-30 million dollars via investments, will reach billionair status by the end of his boxing career, already got a ATG resume and he's still hungry... That shit deserves some respect. 99,9999999999999999999999 of your fav fighters would never fight again.

Can you name me at least 1 fighter like Canelo who's still hungry and wants to fight the best of the best? The only guy I can think of right now is Anothny Joshua. Floyd Maywewther is retired, so he doesn't count.

You've got the guy in your name and yet you couldn't answer that yourself? Naoya has said many times he wants to fight the best of the best and be remembered as one of the greatest. Vergil Ortiz calls Crawford out after every fight even though he knows Crawford would likely win, he wants to challenge himself. Usyk unified possibly the toughest CW division ever and instead of ruling, he chose to move up and seek unification in a division of giants.

Come on dude.

Canelos the best fighter in the world.
If he says that, than Ryan Garcia should take note.
200.gif

You've got the guy in your name and yet you couldn't answer that yourself? Naoya has said many times he wants to fight the best of the best and be remembered as one of the greatest. Vergil Ortiz calls Crawford out after every fight even though he knows Crawford would likely win, he wants to challenge himself. Usyk unified possibly the toughest CW division ever and instead of ruling, he chose to move up and seek unification in a division of giants.

Come on dude.
+ Josh Taylor has fought the best guys in his division and will be fighting his sixth undefeated opponent in a row next.

it needed to be said.

fighters want canelo money but dont put in canelo work.

garcia is lucky someone of canelos stature said anything at all. coming from somewhere else may have fallen on deaf ears.

it needed to be said.

fighters want canelo money but dont put in canelo work.

garcia is lucky someone of canelos stature said anything at all. coming from somewhere else may have fallen on deaf ears.
what was Garcia doing wrong? he got a big win, then was dealing with mental health issues, which anyone can have. and has a broken wrist from TRAINING that required surgery. how much more can he do? Take PED's like Clenelo?

what was Garcia doing wrong? he got a big win, then was dealing with mental health issues, which anyone can have. and has a broken wrist from TRAINING that required surgery. how much more can he do? Take PED's like Clenelo?
tbh I think the whole situation with the WBC interim title looks bad. He goes on saying he wants to fight Haney for a while (including promising the fight to Bill Haney), gets an interim title shot that guarantees he can fight Haney, then vacates it immediately over claims of mental health issues (maybe they're true, maybe they're not, who knows?) and retires, then quickly unretires and says he wants to fight Fortuna or Diaz. Like I think it's pretty obvious why that all looks bad. If he wanted the Haney fight he could have it, but he doesn't seem to want it and he's called a lot of other guys out and made no serious efforts to get in the ring with them. He's a young guy, I get it, but once you start beating top ten guys it's a little too late to put the brakes on your development.

Back