Canelo vacates the WBC belt!

cuban23

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
per Dan Rafael and boxingscene

Apparently he still wants to fight Golovkin. He vacated so he wouldn't have to deal with the WBC deadline. Which is code word for damage control.

Big Dan always the first to break big news.

As I suspected they will marinate until next Cinco de mayo weekend

Canelo Alvarez announced today that he has vacated the WBC middleweight title but still wants to fight GGG. He said that he vacated because he would not negotiate under the deadline pressure with a purse bid ordered for Tuesday. GGG will become the WBC's titleholder with his interim tag being removed.

Despite vacating his middleweight title, Canelo Alvarez says he has instructed his promoter, Golden Boy, to continue negotiating a fight with Gennady Golovkin. "For the entirety of my career, I have taken the fights that no one wanted because I fear no man. Never has that been more true than today. I will fight ‘GGG,' and I will beat ‘GGG' but I will not be forced into the ring by artificial deadlines," Alvarez said in a statement.

Long as they still get the fight done, whatever. If not, Ill be rustled.

streetfighter-m-bison-yes.gif

Under rules as the champ, he had 20 days to negotiate fight with GGG. It would be 55-45 split in favor of Canelo and they would have to fight at 160lbs since both are champs, Canelo being Full and Gennady interm.

Canelo wants more money share and he wants the fight at 155lb catch weight. He also wants the fight next year instead of this September so he gave up. Wants everything his way or he won't take the chance.

Under rules as the champ, he had 20 days to negotiate fight with GGG. It would be 55-45 split in favor of Canelo and they would have to fight at 160lbs since both are champs, Canelo being Full and Gennady interm.

Canelo wants more money share and he wants the fight at 155lb catch weight. He also wants the fight next year instead of this September so he gave up. Wants everything his way or he won't take the chance.
Got a source for any of that?

Though, I think you are correct on the money part.

Good for Canelo...

sanctioning bodies can go fuck themselves especially when they attempt to strong arm a fighter with BS deadlines.

I asked Rob and I'll ask everyone else, dont be fanboys be real. What is everyones true opinion of a fighter who calls GGG into the ring says " Mexicans dont fuck around", "lets do this" "dont forget to pick up the phone" and now vacates the MW lineal belt for more time?

IMO it looks embarrassing, just talked a lot of shite.

Oh FFS boxing.

This fight better happen next year and be at 160.

I asked Rob and I'll ask everyone else, dont be fanboys be real. What is everyones true opinion of a fighter who calls GGG into the ring says " Mexicans dont fuck around", "lets do this" "dont forget to pick up the phone" and now vacates the MW lineal belt for more time?

IMO it looks embarrassing, just talked a lot of shite.
If the fight gets done it means jack shit.

Got a source for any of that?

Though, I think you are correct on the money part.

It's common sense. He wants the fight at Canelo-weight and a bigger share than 55-45 which is what full vs interm both get. WBC full champ can't dictate catch weight vs interm champ.

So instead of negotiating under those rules, they vacate since they still technically hold the "lineal" title since beating cotto but no longer will have the WBC.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-comments-on-potential-gennady-golovkin-fight

After much consideration, today, I instructed my team at Golden Boy Promotions to continue negotiating a fight with Gennady ‘GGG’ Golovkin and to finalize a deal as quickly as possible. I also informed the WBC that I will vacate its title. For the entirety of my career, I have taken the fights that no one wanted because I fear no man. Never has that been more true than today. I will fight ‘GGG,’ and I will beat ‘GGG’ but I will not be forced into the ring by artificial deadlines. I am hopeful that by putting aside this ticking clock, the two teams can now negotiate this fight, and ‘GGG’ and I can get in the ring as soon as possible and give the fans the fight they want to see.

I am happy, now I dont have to hear GGG cry anymore. He is gonna get his belt like he has always wanted and just move on and not mention Saul's name every dam day.

It's common sense. He wants the fight at Canelo-weight and a bigger share than 55-45 which is what full vs interm both get. WBC full champ can't dictate catch weight vs interm champ.

So instead of negotiating under those rules, they vacate since they still technically hold the "lineal" title since beating cotto but no longer will have the WBC.
So no source. Ok.

Gets done when?
Sooner than later I hope.

So no source. Ok.

Sooner than later I hope.

As a Canelo fan boy, I know it hurts you seeing him vacate.

As a guy who likes both guys. I'm very disappointed. You'll see in the following days that I am correct.

Source?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back