CAPTAIN MARVEL v.2 (First Critics Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, and i thought this dude had it bad.

images
<DisgustingHHH>

Civil War 2 doesn't help
Civil War and Civil War II made it clear that the Marvel heroes are adults, but all have the temperament of high school kids. Everyone has a bruised ego and quick to throw a tantrum. Then there's the fact they all have super powers.

Funny enough, I just made that comparison to some people this week. It seems like the intention is there to make her "Marvel's Wonder Woman" but she's really not at all like her. Origin, powers and backstory-wise, Thor is more like WW, whereas Carol Danvers is more like Green Lantern (Military pilot turned space cop with energy-based powers.) Personality-wise, WW and X-men's Storm (comics) have more similar vibes. I've always tried to like Carol Danvers but she never really connected with me as a character.

Ya but can she beat Roman Reigns?

Kicks out at 2!
Big Dawg > Binary Captain Marvel

Thanos may not have killed all of them Leaving it open for Nova to come in future movies seeking Revenge on Thanos as long as he doesn't get killed off in Avengers 4.

Yeah Larson sounds oddly bland . I've seen her in other roles and I don't recall her ever sound so uninterested.

Ya Jeremy Hambly from the Quartering said the same. Seems to be a common criticism of Brie. That she can be very bland and seem bored. Not sure if part of Carol Danvers character early on is that she is supposed to be a stoic character but if so it's going to suck. I doubt it though. Kevin Feige and Marvel has the MCU in a very specific routine.

Wow that trailer looks great. Apparently DC can't even make a good Batman vs Superman but Marvel can make an incredible female superman knockoff.

This doesn't look as appealing to me as other Marvel films, but will watch anyway.

All Thanos needs to do is to bring a bunch of TSA agents ready to ask for numbers and Captain Marvel is done for.

Ya Jeremy Hambly from the Quartering said the same. Seems to be a common criticism of Brie. That she can be very bland and seem bored. Not sure if part of Carol Danvers character early on is that she is supposed to be a stoic character but if so it's going to suck. I doubt it though. Kevin Feige and Marvel has the MCU in a very specific routine.

It could be like the Captain America movies. Alone, he's not really an exciting character, but he's had a great supporting cast to play off his personality in the movies.
I can see a "young" Nick Fury, Coulson, and Jude Law's character providing solid support for Carol.

I think that's been the strength of a lot of the Marvel movies, is how the characters play off of one another.
A nobody, side character like Korg was one of the most memorable parts of Ragnarok. T'Challa was solid in Black Panther, but it was Kilmonger, M'Baku, Okoye, and Shuri that were getting most of the praise.
The cameos and side characters really help make these movies and help enhance the main characters. I think (and hope) Marvel continues this with Ms Marvel

For fucks sake, TAKE NOTES, DC.

I doubt this movie is going to flop, or at least flop as badly as Ghostbusters 2016, but if Disney thinks this is going to be their new Iron Man or Dr Strange, then its going to flop compared to those expectations.

Rumors say Captain Marvel is also going to be in Infinite War 2, and this movie is her origin movie and it ends with her being in a coma. She awakens at the beginning of Infinite War 2.

If this movie doesn't do well, and Infinite War 2 doesn't do as well as expected... whoever made the final decision to hire Bree Larson is going to be dragged across the Disney movie lot and shot in the head.

Daniel will probably wind up killing more people than Thanos

Yeah, this is how Super Villains are born...

Does anyone really think Hitler would have started WWII if he'd been nailing Berlin 9's every night?;)

On my list to see. People love the Captain America movies and you can't say Steve Rogers or even Chris Evans is that interesting. What was the last Marvel movie that wasn't good.

On my list to see. People love the Captain America movies and you can't say Steve Rogers or even Chris Evans is that interesting. What was the last Marvel movie that wasn't good.
Thor 2?

Ant Man and the Wasp. The first AM movie was actually far better.

If this movie doesn't do well, and Infinite War 2 doesn't do as well as expected... whoever made the final decision to hire Bree Larson is going to be dragged across the Disney movie lot and shot in the head.

Even if this movie doesn't do well I guarantee it wont affect Infnity War 2 at all. Everyone who saw that movie is going to come back to see the finale no one's going to say "Yea but Captain Marvel sucked so now I don't want to see part 2 of infinity war even though #1 was fucking amazing".

Well, they deserve it if Avengers 4 isn't the follow up to Infinity War that we all expect.

Just saying. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back