CAPTAIN MARVEL v.2 (First Critics Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not impressed with the new trailer.

Not funny. Action looks generic.

In fairness I think Captain Marvel is about as generic of a hero as there is...not that I'm an expert tho.

I've just read the post below from someone in reddit who saw the extended trailer for Capt Marvel in Comic Con Brazil:
=====================================================================================
Captain marvel looks amazing! CCXP
renderTimingPixel.png

'Captain Marvel' Spoilers!spoiler
Ok! So I got the chance to go to CCXP and I met @captainmarvelnews he was great! And I saw the Captain marvel footage and the brie interview .

So they took our phones to make sure no one could record (typical marvel)

So I will say I apologize to brie Larson for doubting her acting and Carol . Those damn trailers do not do her justice and I honestly feel pissed about it. She’s very funny and charming, which is why I don’t get why the hell they cut those trailers the way they did. Movie is WAYYYY colorful then it looks in the trailers, Carol is not as serious and bland as the trailers portray her. She’s actually a smartass and reminded me of starlord maybe even Tony a little with the captain America emotional tie. Beautiful actress!! And a beautiful character!! You root for her and Brie hits all the emotional beats, her face acting is brilliant!. I’m never doubting Fiege again.

So 1. Yes Law is a mentor, there’s a training sequence too where they walk in and he instantly hits and knocks her down, smooth clean scene .. and she tries to control her temper as her hand glows (obviously about to wreck his shit) and he tells her she needs to learn to control her powers and temper ( brie and Jude have great chemistry and you feel her anger.)

That scene where the laser in her head? Yeah that’s the Skrulls . They’ve captured her and tied her hands up and are using the machine on her. “Her mind will tell us what we need.” Talos ( I think, he sounded like Ben) says. So they want some information out of her head. She wakes up as we saw in the other trailer. And she uses her strength ( she’s strong as fuck) to break out but can’t use her photon Blast because her hands are restricted by a machine. So she has to “do it the old school way.” And proceeds to kick Skrull ass, well choreographed fight as well. You can see the stunt double a little but they haven’t fully added Brie’s face digital yet but the scenes you see her clearly in she’s awesome.

A skrull tries to scare her by screaming at her, she screams back and smiles and punches him in the face ( it’s an excellent scene, funny and classic MCU. Brie is funny as well.) And gets the Machines off and blasts the ship to pieces before escaping in an escape pod.

Also she says higher further faster.

They showed skrulls changing, it’s mystique but more smooth? like but looks painful also you can see it. The skin sheds over and over until the new skin of formed. It’s cool.

Carol reminds me of starlord actually, she jokes a lot especially with Maria Rambue .

There’s also a top gun looking scene where Maria and Carol are joking and making fun and gossiping about their Air Force teammates (it’s very funny too, showing the typical MCU comedy.) And Maria and Carol Board their planes and Maria says “let’s show these boys how to do it!” - Great scene , showing sisterly love, feels real instead of like actors. Great job to brie and lashana!

Brie will be Carol just like Gal was Diana. Film will definitely receive rave reviews if this footage was anything to go off of.

But the movie looks awesome and emotional and can’t wait to see more!
=====================================================================================

Maybe her acting is not so "wooden" after all, we'll just have to watch to find out.. :D
Since we know critics would never lie about marvel movies

Im guessing the main bad guy in this film, is going to be the usual. An evil version of the main character. That's all marvel ever do.

Not really true

Ultron
Vulture
Ghost
Loki
Hela
Ego
Ronan
Dark Elf dude
Zemo

I really dont want this to suck. I know nothing about her other than Rogue fucking her up.

Trailer looks good to me and Brie looks like she will do fine. Lol at all the incels who desperately want this movie to fail.

Wow, this trailer is the worst of the bunch. It's like Larson is doing an impression of how Ronda Rousey would deliver the lines.

Wow, this trailer is the worst of the bunch. It's like Larson is doing an impression of how Ronda Rousey would deliver the lines.
She just looks so off for the role, im not sure what it is. Also she is very boring looking girl, she has zero sex appeal. Looks like shes phoning this one in like she did with Kong.

Since we know critics would never lie about marvel movies
As far as I know the guy who posted it was just a fan who was able to view the trailer in comic-con brazil, then posted what he saw on reddit. Not really sure. Either way he spoke the truth about the skrulls transforming looking like it was a painful transformation.

Update: February 4, 2019

Super Bowl Spot for CAPTAIN MARVEL Featuring New Footage

CAPTAIN MARVEL Tracking for $160 Million Opening Weekend

These days, it seems like Marvel Studios can do no wrong and with Black Panther recently named the first superhero movie to receive a "Best Picture" Oscar nomination, 2019 has already been a great year for Kevin Feige and company.

Now, it seems as if Captain Marvel is all but guaranteed to be a hit because long-range tracking is pointing to an opening weekend of $160 million. That's an impressive 14% growth over the previously discussed $140 million debut it was eyeing in North America. If the movie does hit that target, it would have the seventh highest opening weekend in the Marvel Cinematic Universe's history.

At $160 million, Captain Marvel would also be the second highest opener of all-time for Marvel Studios in terms of its solo outings.

Black Panther is currently in first place with $202 million.

It's also thought that it could exceed the $440 million mark domestically during its entire run, putting it behind only Black Panther and the three Avengers movies. In other words, Feige's decision to make Carol Danvers the new face of the MCU looks like it's about to pay off in a big way!

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/capt...-a-mighty-160-million-opening-weekend-a166199

CAPTAIN MARVEL Tracking for $160 Million Opening Weekend

These days, it seems like Marvel Studios can do no wrong and with Black Panther recently named the first superhero movie to receive a "Best Picture" Oscar nomination, 2019 has already been a great year for Kevin Feige and company.

Now, it seems as if Captain Marvel is all but guaranteed to be a hit because long-range tracking is pointing to an opening weekend of $160 million. That's an impressive 14% growth over the previously discussed $140 million debut it was eyeing in North America. If the movie does hit that target, it would have the seventh highest opening weekend in the Marvel Cinematic Universe's history.

At $160 million, Captain Marvel would also be the second highest opener of all-time for Marvel Studios in terms of its solo outings.

Black Panther is currently in first place with $202 million.

It's also thought that it could exceed the $440 million mark domestically during its entire run, putting it behind only Black Panther and the three Avengers movies. In other words, Feige's decision to make Carol Danvers the new face of the MCU looks like it's about to pay off in a big way!

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/capt...-a-mighty-160-million-opening-weekend-a166199
Whoa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back