Carla is ready to reclaim her Throne!!

How is it hard to sell? Carla has a win over Rose. It’s a great sell!
Carla does have a win over Rose, but a green Rose. I don't think that fight will be close with their current skillsets. I think it looks like Carla vs Joana, but Rose beats her down worse.

She's a one trick pony. Far too one dimensional.

Hyperbole. Zhang was in no way as you say dismantled. She thought the kick was going low and it was going high. She got caught, not outclassed and dismantled. I never said she deserved a rematch. I only believe that is the fight that the UFC can sell. A fight with Carla is hard to sell other than playing up that she beat Rose early in her career. Rose has improved leaps since then and I don't think a fight between them would be competitive now. Rose would destroy her.

Is there any proof that Rose has improved her TDD and can stop all of Carla's takedowns though? Not many have been able to do it so far aside from Joanna.

I'm sure Carla's wrestling has improved in the past 7 years as well. Rose getting a sub off her back is also very unlikely.

She looked great tonight and derailed a big hype-train. I'm sure Rose would like to run that one back as well. Just makes sense to have the rematch. War Cookies!

Jarl
360_F_362466299_ZLNpD0x9Ed8Ht0nMGTOA4eb7OQHTSVhr.jpg

Rose gonna smash them cookies.

Is there any proof that Rose has improved her TDD and can stop all of Carla's takedowns though? Not many have been able to do it so far aside from Joanna.

I'm sure Carla's wrestling has improved in the past 7 years as well. Rose getting a sub off her back is also very unlikely.
She doesn't even need improvement in tdd, watch the 1st fight her striking is sloppy and reckless. We've seen rose be a master at distance control and clean powerful shots, carla won't get in her legs at all.

Carla is defintley the most deserving. You have that correct. I'm just not interested in seeing that fight. I don't think Carla can hang with Rose now. Zhang didn't get beat down. It's not like Rose beat her down for 3 rounds. She landed one strike when Zhang made a mistake. She got caught. I'd much rather see that rematch than to see Rose destroy Carla. Carla has earned a shot though.
Zhang didn't just get caught. It wasn't a one time mistake. She had gotten hit a lot by Joanna, proving there're many holes in her defense. Namajunas' team studied her and Rose masterfully exploited one of them.

People who thought the fight would be similar to JJ vs Weili are ignorant. Rose is far less hittable and hits much harder than Joanna. There was no way Rose in hell was going to stand and trade in a 5-round war. I predicted Rose would finish her within 2 rounds, because I seriously doubted Weili would endure getting hit by Rose a fraction of that. Unless Weili seriously improves her defense, there're other holes to exploit.

Not to mention that all Weili did was react to Rose's movement. She had no plan other than throwing leg kicks (weak ones, that weren't doing shit) hoping to hinder Rose's mobility in the later rounds. Rose dictated the way the fight was being fought and finished her without breaking a sweat.

Technical aspect aside, I think Rose has the mental edge over Weili. Even before fighting Andrade and Joanna, Weili said she wanted to face Rose, because she considered her the biggest threat. She probably wanted to prove she was better than Rose, but once she had Rose in front of her, she looked overwhelmed. Now she's making ridiculous excuses. After what Rose did to her, she'll probably be more hesitant and even scared going into the rematch. Fighters who are used to destroying their opponents are often never the same after being brutally finished.

Zhang didn't just get caught. It wasn't a one time mistake. She had gotten hit a lot by Joanna, proving there're many holes in her defense. Namajunas' team studied her and Rose masterfully exploited one of them.

People who thought the fight would be similar to JJ vs Weili are ignorant. Rose is far less hittable and hits much harder than Joanna. There was no way Rose in hell was going to stand and trade in a 5-round war. I predicted Rose would finish her within 2 rounds, because I seriously doubted Weili would endure getting hit by Rose a fraction of that. Unless Weili seriously improves her defense, there're other holes to exploit.

Not to mention that all Weili did was react to Rose's movement. She had no plan other than throwing leg kicks (weak ones, that weren't doing shit) hoping to hinder Rose's mobility in the later rounds. Rose dictated the way the fight was being fought and finished her without breaking a sweat.

Technical aspect aside, I think Rose has the mental edge over Weili. Even before fighting Andrade and Joanna, Weili said she wanted to face Rose, because she considered her the biggest threat. She probably wanted to prove she was better than Rose, but once she had Rose in front of her, she looked overwhelmed. Now she's making ridiculous excuses. After what Rose did to her, she'll probably be more hesitant and even scared going into the rematch. Fighters who are used to destroying their opponents are often never the same after being brutally finished.

MMA math doesn't really work though.

Zhang KO'd Andrade in 42 seconds. Andrade KO'd Rose in the 1st fight and probably would have KO'd her again if the rematch was 5 rounds.

Andrade is a pretty one dimensional brawler so why does Rose have so much trouble against her when Joanna and Zhang beat her with ease?

Zhang KO'd Andrade in 42 seconds. Andrade KO'd Rose in the 1st fight and probably would have KO'd her again if the rematch was 5 rounds.

Andrade is a pretty one dimensional brawler so why does Rose have so much trouble against her when Joanna and Zhang beat her with ease?
MMA math? I was talking about Rose vs Weili, who have already faced each other and Rose has already successfully exploited the holes they saw in her defense and finished her even faster than I expected.

Rose was schooling Andrade before the slam. All Weili did before getting KO'd was react to Rose's movement though.

If the Andrade rematch was 5 rounds, 1. they would have trained for 5 rounds (it's not the same), 2. Andrade wouldn't have gone all out in third and 3. Rose's corner wouldn't have told her to stand her ground.

Joanna beat Andrade 4 years ago. I'm not sure she would beat her again now.

Zhang has the physical strength to nullify Andrade's. She would need different skills to beat Rose though. And that's what we're talking about here: Weili's chances of beating Rose.

Weili has T-Rex arms. She will always have trouble with Rose's distance control. She's also very hittable and Rose hits very hard. On top of that, she looked overwhelmed before and during the fight, and seemed to have a mental breakdown after it. Acted like a toddler, cut her hair (to imitate Rose?) and made ridiculous excuses. Rose broke her.

Last edited:
Tatiana suarez beat the breaks off carla dont too long ago lets not get ahead of yourselves

Didn't realize she is on such a streak.

<mma4>

Nah, you can't do fact, fact then hit us with a "probably would have...."

She's a brawler with slams. That's two dimensions.

She isn't. Carla got gifted the decision in 3 of those fights.

Hey, you're the sad case I came across this sad case on youtube this week, I advised you to bet the house on Carla; you remained a salty hater. Well, the wealth (and happiness) gap between us just grew even larger...
cool0003.gif

with statements like 'three gifted decisions' (only someone who is thoroughly stupid, or just a plain hater, or both, would claim the Waterson and Rodriguez decisions were 'gifts' that she really lost) and especially 'far inferior opponents than Rose' (Grasso, Rodriguez, Jandiroba, and Calvillo are not 'far inferior') revealing your impenetrable ignorance of MMA I can see that is likely to continue to be the case...

Rose can rematch Zhang and Carla can fight Joana as a #1 contender bought. If Carla can beat Joana then she definitely deserves the shot. She may deserve the shot right now, but that is a hard fight to sell and this is business. Nobody cares about Carla.
there's a lot of stupid people out there, that's why    joe pesci.jpg

I think the Rose vs Carla rematch will be a great story and the timing is right. Nobody is ready for Rose vs JJ 3 and Weili needs a couple wins after getting the big loss.

Rose should be able to handle Carla on the rematch. She has honed her skills a lot since the first fight.

Meh. Feh. Bleh. She gets ONE finish and suddenly she's awesome??? Reminds me of all the sudden Masvidal hype after his fluke Askren KO. How'd that turn out?

I don't think it is as much hype as much as her turn in line.

Using Sherdog Rankings Rose has beaten #2, #3, and #4 in her last several fights. Carla was #7 and finished #5. Claudia is #6.

Well, she still sucks it’s just that she’s been fighting (and losing) to cans. I have no interest in watching her fight for the title.

Rodriguez is a killer and Esparza beat her. It was close but she took her down at will and got it done. Yan is not a can. She shit the bed last night no doubt but she is good and I will bet the house on her next fight if it's not against someone like a Suarez or Andrade. I think she got cocky because she was able to get up from Claudia in her last fight, but Claudia has horrible cardio.

Esparza is good enough at striking that her A+ wrestling really does make a difference against just about everyone except for Suarez, Joanna, and probably Andrade. I would love to see her get a title shot. She deserves it. I thought she lost to Waterson, but she has two quality wins in a row.

Back