Castlvania Symphony of the Night

Headkicktoleg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How has this game NOT gotten a remake yet? It's literally the ONLY game I have ever wanted a remake for. It's the single best game ever.

You like exploring, got it IN SPADES
you like action, kill shit do it
you like rpgs, you level up
you like secrets, ummm it's out the waszoo!
you like magic, of course
you like puzzles, duhhhh
you like platforming, a crux of gaming
you like weapons, more than you can count
you like gaming, you suck if you never played this.

It did get an HD release on the last generation of consoles, so that's something.

It doesn't really need to be remade though, it's pretty much perfect. Konami would only manage to fuck it up, or they would add DLC or loot boxes or some shit.

the game really is perfect. konami got it right and damn, i dunno if a remake would be worth it. the rondo of blood remake was... lackluster, and the only saving graces were the ps1 symphony port and the localized rondo port.

the game really is perfect. konami got it right and damn, i dunno if a remake would be worth it. the rondo of blood remake was... lackluster, and the only saving graces were the ps1 symphony port and the localized rondo port.

I enjoyed the PSP version of Rondo of Blood, granted I hadn't played the original prior to that. I played through the original version after unlocking it in the remake and I really enjoyed. There's something about the 2D sprites that I like a lot more than the 3D models.

Konami is garbage now anyhow so a remake would probably suck.

while sotn was perfect, you might as well ask for a remake of super mario bros.

that said, i don't think a new sotn would be all that much fun in the internet age, anyway. the best parts were discovering the crazy shit (ie: inverted castle, richter )/what monsters dropped. when you could just read about it anywhere/see it on youtwitch, it would make the playthrough about 10x shorter.

richter speedruns aside, it didn't have very good replay value.

I love the background music when i was playing this game

Inverted Castle DLC
Buy items with microtransactions

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! Have at you!

while sotn was perfect, you might as well ask for a remake of super mario bros.

that said, i don't think a new sotn would be all that much fun in the internet age, anyway. the best parts were discovering the crazy shit (ie: inverted castle, richter )/what monsters dropped. when you could just read about it anywhere/see it on youtwitch, it would make the playthrough about 10x shorter.

richter speedruns aside, it didn't have very good replay value.

I've played through it like 8 or 9 times. It's just FUN. I love the huge variety of weapons. So you can mix things up a lot.

I'm currently playing Hollow Knight and it is also a great Metroidvania, but for me the lack of different weapons hurts games like this. Combat gets boring for me when it's the same all game long.

It doesn't need a remake. It's perfect the way it is. I suppose a re-skin would be okay, but I find games that do that can lose some of the original charm.

Maybe they should make a sequel heh? Same character different story, map layout, new weapons, a few modified skills but the core of the game stays the same. I would love it!

The game is indeed perfect.

I remember how uneventful the release of this game was. I was aware that Konami was releasing this game but didn't know when and there were no big announcement or fanfare to it. Hell I don't even remember a review on EGM for it. I was at mall and stopped by EB to browse at games and noticed it on the shelf. I was like "hmmm" I think i'll buy it and see if its any good. the EB dude had to pull the game case from the shelf and find the disc stashed away because they had received only ONE copy of the game!

one of the best gaming purchase ever!

You’re gonna regret this thread when its remade... into a Pachinko machine

They already rebooted the story, it won't happen. It's better this way.

Close as we're ever gonna get .

Top 5 all-time game for me.

If they did a remake i would shit myself. Just update the graphics and make it more difficult and you can have my money. No problem at all.

Even better question: Why in the holy hell haven't we gotten a 3D Castlevania game of this style yet? (And I'm not talking a 2.5D platformer. I'm talking a third-person Metroidvania game.)

SOTN was a great game but I think Aria of Sorrow was better all around. That inverted castle is a clever way of saving memory, but holy shit was it annoying as hell. I got "stun-locked" to death so many times I only got through about 30% or so and had enough.

Back