Media Cejudo have started his fight camp.

I’ve been very critical of Henry Cejudo since his retirement. I don’t appreciate fighters who talk from the side lines. With that being said, I’m really looking forward to his comeback. You become a legend in this sport by fighting and winning.

Dana has to be an absolute cunt to throw this airball. This is perfection. You cannot let this go. They are both mouthy assholes, they're both elite, they want that work. Book it. It'll be big. Cejudo will beat Yan and the sterling/dillashaw vs cejudo fight will be huge. I sincerely hope they don't fuck this one up.

Let him prove he can still even get the BW title back. Then defend it a cpl times against the next guy in line. Then campaign for a shot at FW. But no shortcuts, and cherry-picking defences this time. Earn it.
Earn it this time? He ko'd the reigning champ in under around and then finished marlon and the 135 goat. Gtfo out of here. Imo he could whoop mac and go right for volk. Henry was dominating everyone, earn it this time. Wtf

CCC kicked the life out of BW runner up goat Dominick Cruz. If he's still fresh, CCC is trouble for all the top guys (tj, yan, sandhagen, aljo etc.)

He doesnt believe anyone in the top 10 is in his level...thats why they wont take on anyone other than the champion, and who knows if he is defending on a win.

He wont fight Yan, Yan has nothing for him, no belt and is coming off 2 loses.

n7JpuZ2.gif

cejudo is not fighting yan. he retired the last time to avoid fighting yan.

he probalby wants a shot at the winner of aljo/tj and then will want the fw champ after.
Maybe.
I do hope they fight. Winner gets title shot.

Let him prove he can still even get the BW title back. Then defend it a cpl times against the next guy in line. Then campaign for a shot at FW. But no shortcuts, and cherry-picking defences this time. Earn it.

In theory, you should be right, but this is prize fighting. A guy of his status isn't working his way up at this point in his career against kai-kara-who gives shit. It's money fights or nothing.

Henry seemingly had no interest in fighting Yan when Yan was the champion. I have a hard time believing he'll fight him now. I can't imagine Henry fighting anyone unless there's a belt on the line...unless it's a theoretically easy fight against a washed opponent with a big name (e.g., Faber or Frankie).

If I were Henry and I really wanted the Volk fight, I would cherry pick a FW fight against someone like KZ. Get a win over someone who has name value and is a favorable stylistic matchup.
Didn't KZ do a chunk of his fight camp for Volk with Henry's coach/team? Doubt he's fighting KZ. Doubt he's fighting at 145 in his next fight at all tbh, let him fight Yan and see how he goes.

Earn it this time? He ko'd the reigning champ in under around and then finished marlon and the 135 goat. Gtfo out of here. Imo he could whoop mac and go right for volk. Henry was dominating everyone, earn it this time. Wtf
What's your issue with earn it? He left the 135 pound division in the lurch you think he's going to get a straight shot at the 145 pound belt given he's spent nigh on 2 years on the bench being a twitter warrior and bitching about his pay? He shouldn't get an automatic title shot at 135 much let alone at 145.

TBh I think he beats Yan handily after watching his fight with Aljo

What's your issue with earn it? He left the 135 pound division in the lurch you think he's going to get a straight shot at the 145 pound belt given he's spent nigh on 2 years on the bench being a twitter warrior and bitching about his pay? He shouldn't get an automatic title shot at 135 much let alone at 145.
I called for max you cant read

In theory, you should be right, but this is prize fighting. A guy of his status isn't working his way up at this point in his career against kai-kara-who gives shit. It's money fights or nothing.
There are no money fights at BW. And the UFC isn’t giving him a free shot at FW. If he even gets the belt he’s going to have to prove to the UFC he isn’t just going to skip out again. That means defending at BW. There’s the big picture at play here. And the UFC can’t appear weak. Just like the Ngannou thing. If you aren’t a draw they put their foot down.

I called for max you cant read
Does that make more sense? Max is getting a title shot,with a win he'd be champion and my point stands and with a loss would in all likelihood be going up to 155 as short of a Volk loss to another contender or a permanent move up to 155 himself there would be no pathway back to the 145 pound belt for Max. Incidentally you didn't call for Max you called for Mac, I wouldn't criticize anyone when you apparently can't spell Max.

Didn't KZ do a chunk of his fight camp for Volk with Henry's coach/team? Doubt he's fighting KZ. Doubt he's fighting at 145 in his next fight at all tbh, let him fight Yan and see how he goes.
Fair point; I forgot KZ worked with Henry at Fight Ready. It would be a bad look for Henry to call out someone he was helping, so that's off the table. But my point remains the same: if he truly wants the FW title, he should cherry pick a favorable matchup in that division. Nothing about the last 3 years suggests that Henry would fight someone like Yan without a title on the line; that's not his business model.

Back