Media Cerrone says that "red panty night" wasn't real for him; only got paid his standard purse to fight Conor

Phisher

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score

Cliffs from relevant portion -
  • Cerrone says that he had an eight fight deal and didn't get extra pay to fight Conor.
  • Doesn't have any complaints about the amount of money that he made in the UFC.
    • He deliberately signed contracts for more fights because he liked being active.
  • He said that he didn't try to negotiate a higher purse when he got the fight, but he didn't address whether other fighters try to do that.
Cliffs on other stuff -
  • This is a rodeo post cast. Cerrone says that he's a bull rider now.
  • He said that he was mentally checked out before he got into the cage with Conor.
  • Thinks that Conor was respectful because there's nothing about him to disrespect and says that Conor deserves his money.

He got paid $200K as the b-side of a PPV that is estimated to have sold 1.3 million buys.

I mean, did anyone ever truly believe this besides the 8 Conor fans still here?

Some people here are still in denial about fighter pay.

I saw a bunch of posts arguing that the UFC's disclosures to the federal court for the antitrust suit weren't real, as if they were going to risk prison to keep their payouts secret.

Dumbass didn't renegotiate just like Eddie. Completely their fault along with their management team.

Nate made 20k show 20k win money in his win vs Johnson right before his guaranteed 500k for the first Conor fight then $2,000,000 for the second

Last edited:
Dumbass didn't renegotiate just like Eddie. Completely their fault along with their management team.

He didn't have any leverage to renegotiate. He was on a KO losing streak when he got the call. If he'd started demanding more money, they would've subbed in someone else.

Also, Alvarez couldn't renegotiate either. When he started talking about more money for Conor, they sent out contracts for him and Khabib to fight.

Eddie is the one who got leveraged.

Last edited:
Exactly. This is a mismanagement issue. Sucks for Cerrone. Even moreso because he got destroyed in that fight.

LOL What fucking power do you think that managers have over the UFC?

The only one whom they tolerate is Ali, who is basically a UFC toady who negotiates garbage deals for his clients.

Until the courts take legal action over the revenue split, this is how things work.

He didn't have any leverage to renegotiate. He was on a KO losing streak when he got the call. If he'd started demanding more money, they would've subbed in someone else.

Also, Alvarez didn't renegotiate shit. When he started talking about more money for Conor, they sent out contracts for him and Khabib to fight.

Conor wasn't fighting anyone else, he knew why he wanted that fight

Also, Alvarez didn't renegotiate shit. When he started talking about more money for Conor, they sent out contracts for him and Khabib to fight.

The only ones I remember hearing about renegotiating their contracts for a Conor fight was Nate and Dustin.
Nate got a bump for their first bout since it was on short notice and then once he became a star from beating Conor, him or his manager pushed for a bigger cut before booking the rematch(understandably so).

For Dustin I'm not sure whether he got paid extra for the rematch at UFC 257, I wouldn't be surprised he got paid his usual tbh. I do know he renegotiated for the trilogy fight which was causing a bit of a hold up from the fight being booked. I'm guessing he might of been pushing for PPV points on the UFC 264 and most likely got it.

I think the UFC knew Cowboy would take it under any circumstances, he's basically their yes man and didn't have much leverage to begin with there.
The Eddie one always sounded weird and kinda sad, you'd think a champion would be getting a bigger cut from fighting the huge star of the show but I guess not.

And I'm sure Khabib might of renegotiated pre or post Conor fight, I never heard anything about it tho.

Some people here are still in denial about fighter pay.

I saw a bunch of posts arguing that the UFC's disclosures to the federal court for the antitrust suit weren't real, as if they were going to risk prison to keep their payouts secret.

Are the PFL million dollar checks to those nobodies not real? How come Paulo Costa resigns for peanuts if those milly checks are real?

Something doesn't add up somewhere.

If you don't get PPV points then why would you make more money? I don't like the times we're in where each fight is negotiated individually at the top. You sign a contract for X fights at $X. That's the deal. It's ruining the sport with what "makes sense" for them to fight. That's just code for "I want the most amount of money for the greatest reward while also risking nothing on my end and still come out on top even if I lose". Bullshit.

Cerrone is a company man so therefore he didn't renegotiate. Secondly I doubt they would give him too much for red panty night anyway. Nate Diaz is a special case and Eddie was dumb like Conor said lol

Back